New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

more i read about this 13.5 BL phenonemon the more i like it

lathe & carp are on Ebay now

got which speedo sort out ,just need the ready's
Old 07-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
more i read about this 13.5 BL phenonemon the more i like it
Likewise! Just got to get the gearing right now! And persuade the local club to allow them.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've known about the LRP 13.5 since last August. Thats the motor I kept saying was going to mess things up in the 13.5 class. LRP tried to make it to the same specs as Novak as they wanted to be equal in power...it just came out a whole lot faster.

Just to be clear...the LRP 13.5 will be a legal 13.5 class motor. It uses the same dimensions, wire gauges, wire lengths, etc...as the Novak 13.5.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Adrian, interesting. You're suggesting the folks who determine which motors are legal in Stock (or Stock-BL) are currently looking at construction specifications instead of performance. That leaves the door open to performance increases as manufacturers compete to outdo each other.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamge
Adrian, interesting. You're suggesting the folks who determine which motors are legal in Stock (or Stock-BL) are currently looking at construction specifications instead of performance. That leaves the door open to performance increases as manufacturers compete to outdo each other.
You just can't spec performance, cause you can't tech it (run dyno on each motor used in race? yea right...)

Things just getting better and better, under the same spec. How much faster nowdays 27T stock tahn 2yrs ago?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

ttso, true enough that you can't tech performance, but I say that you can spec performance. All they have to do is run one of the motors back to back in a controlled test session with the already legal motors and make sure there isn't a, or only a tiny, performance advantage.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ttso, true enough that you can't tech performance, but I say that you can spec performance. All they have to do is run one of the motors back to back in a controlled test session with the already legal motors and make sure there isn't a, or only a tiny, performance advantage.
Thats great...

Now...how do you tech these motors at a sunday morning club race without out a motor dyno and a lab with "controlled conditions"?

Just to save some time there are also problems with:

1. Speed control limited RPM or Watt output - How do you tech it? Are the speedos capable maintaing close tolerances in power out put? How are speedos calibrated? How do you stop cheaters?

This all ends up being too technical expensive to tech. And its too easy to cheat.

2. Power limiting devises - They will have to be as big as a speedo to handle the power dissipation. Who want to buy a $150 part that slows you car down? How do you tech it? Are these units capable maintaing close tolerances in power out put? How are they calibrated? How do you stop cheaters?

Same problems.

This is why we have used construction as the power limiting factors in motors for the last 40 years.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

So Novak 13.5 bonded/sintered is stock, LRP 13.5 not? Na that's not right way to setup rule. What happen when you have LRP-EAtuned which is even faster?

Since 13.5 getting popular, I don't think it's a good idea to say 13.5 isn't stock (hell how many 15.5 acturally selling right now). Just leave 13.5 BL as stock, but freeup brushed stock a bit, like allow timing, allow bearing. I know it sounds strange, but JMRCA already legal timing in 23T stock. So that might be a way to correct the performance different between 27T brushed stock and 13.5T brushless stock.

The only problem is, how fast the org can change the rule to catchup market trend, that's the only problem.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

how about handout brushless motors?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the last thing the class needs is faster stock motors or faster 13.5's.. period. the difference between full blown mod and stock at most places is already less than a second.. and there is still 19t in there? we need a slooooooow class a medium class and open.. not fast, faster, and OMG all within a second of eachother.. when stock cars are doing 4 wheel power drifts on 27's through gentle sweepers, there is a problem..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

There is always legacy causing problem.... And there is always people complain speed nerf is bad for stock..

Nowday, even some white-motor is almost the same speed with 27T now.. and it last like 15mins with 4200 batt.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

this is what should be the new stock motor.. http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...96.22023.0.0.0
Old 07-01-2007, 01:19 PM
njt
Tech Apprentice

Default input

Grizz Bob, Still Bill ,thanks for your input speedo is the gtb . straight line speed is the same or slightly greater than the second place man. you might say im not heavy on the throttle. lv been driving for a long time 20years , 6years at stock but only 8 weeks with brushless and you might say l was expert class.in the overall results at club l would be first in stock . l drive a Kawada sigma 2. not many of them around
Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
this is what should be the new stock motor.. http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...96.22023.0.0.0
looks pretty good for a entry level spec class brushless with lipo for beginners would be excellent and easy way to get more people in the hobby
Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
looks pretty good for a entry level spec class brushless with lipo for beginners would be excellent and easy way to get more people in the hobby
exactly! the newbs can run that, hastle free all year, and the hotshots can run the other stuff..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.