Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Warpspeed demon Tc-3

Originally posted by Touringcardude
Does anybody have a good set up with this chassis on a parkinglot surface.
page back a few pages there are some that work well
Old 05-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default My Race Weekend

The Reedy Race was a great event again. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I did better than last year. Finished 53rd overall, helped by some bad luck (ok bad driving). I had a bad draw on qualifying heats. Three guys in the A and three in the B Main where from my heat. Every guy in my heat was running laps in the 14s. With the Ifmar starts and my car down on horsepower, that meant I had to get out of someones way practically every lap which really hurt my times. I also struggled with setup. The car was great with a diff but lacked punch out of the turns so I went to a spool which made the car loose. Wasn't until the last practice run on Friday before the car was good again. Also had a weight problem. I was 2 ounces over. I think next year, I'll run without the upper deck to save weight. I think it also made the car too stiff for this track. Anyway, 1st qual. - car started good, got loose (I think I had a tire coming loose) - 19 laps. 2nd qual - car started really good then became uncontrollably loose (tire came almost completely unglued) pulled it off the track - 15 laps. 3rd qual - mistakes - no speed - 19 laps. Regrouped. Sunday, 4th qual - heats were resorted to run with guys running similar times. I ran smooth, still no speed though but finally got 20 laps. Ended up in the F Main . Main - Started 7th, moved up to second and was gaining on the leader and rolled the car (nerves - made too many mistakes) letting third place catch me. I got out motored to the finish. The car wasn't great but was good enough to at least make the D main or maybe even the C, but I let nerves get me and didn't drive like I can. My hands were shaking on the stand all weekend. I'll really have to work on that and motor tuning for next year
Old 05-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It happens to the best. I am sure you look back on the weekend (even through the rough qualifiers) and are glad you went. Excellent effort. Did you get any people in your pits asking about the car? Any comments (good, bad, or other)?
Old 05-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Vic, I got grounded that weekend and Ryan had to work around his house. But we raced this weekend and you weren't there.

Art when are you coming out to Joe's next?

Dotman, you are running mod right?(It's alright the same exact thing happed to me at the snowbirds last year (except the car was great but nerves and bad people in the qual's stunk)

Good job James!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default sorry dotman

sorry dotman I realy wanted to be there for ya on sunday to be your pit man but they changed the work scheduel at the last min. but like said before good effort.. so are you all raced out hobby ppl saturday
Old 05-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I appreciate the support guys. This definitely won't be the case next year. Practice was limited to four controlled sessions which for me meant I had four opportunities on Friday to get my car working. My biggest mistakes were not spending more time with the car (I should have been racing with the spool for the last month) and not testing brush compounds and gearing combinations before this weekend. That would have let me focus more on my driving and less on setup. It's amazing how much more confident you feel when your car is dialed.

Muffin - a few people did ask what car I was driving when they didn't recognize the chassis, but people really only take interest when they see a car kick butt on the track. Right now, everyone seems to be all hopped up over the Yok and Tamiya cars. They did real well this weekend. There were at least 4 EVO3s and I think 4 Yoks in the 19T A Main. Barracuda also had a good showing especially considering they only had maybe four cars entered (one A Main and two C mains). The fourth guy got a bad motor that caused a bad glitching problem and wasn't able to race

Stephen - Most of the racers I knew were racing 19T and I wanted to race against them so I did too.

How Hud - I'll probably have to work Saturday to make up for taking off Friday, but good luck. I here the Riverside track isn't very good to race on. Sorry you had to work yesterday. There was some great racing going on. The pros are simply awesome. Pavidis, Baker, and Masami are great to watch. Pavidis has the quickest reflexes I've ever seen. His ability to manuever in a crowd...AMAZING. I wish I had video taped it.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Stephen:

I will be there this sunday. It would be nice if you guys race 19T this weekend. I will be testing out a new car.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

thanks mr warpspeed. i received the batteries last week. just finished the first cycle. the numbers read AWESOME!
415 runtime average volt 7.12 internal resistant of 77
i cycled the batteries on a turbo 35, cycled at 30 amps. i am running the packs this weekend. i will let you know how i do. yahooooooooooo!

thanks again.

Last edited by HARLEY; 05-29-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Harley...those numbers are...sick, divide that by six and you get 1.186 voltage and 12.8 IR. Vic...can i have some? lol
Old 05-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

hey axiom5B, i have other batteries that are brand new from another company, no comparison to mr warpspeed batteries. i cyled these packs at 30 amps, 380 runtime av volt 6.88 internal 130. no way near the warpspeed batteries. i will have to order some more of these KILLER packs from mr warpspeed.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Are those others GP3300 cells??? From the IR sounds more like sanyo 3300s...
Old 05-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Vic, we have been running 19 turn for the past 4 weeks but it is the truck series (truck bodies, not a lot of downforce=not a lot of traction)but we will see what we can do.
Can you bring me one or two good packs sunday?I need em!

Do you think you will be able to make it tomorrow (friday) cause it's susposed to rain sunday?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

axiom5B, sanyo 3300
Old 05-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

harley, well that's why. Sanyo's are not nearly up to par with the new batch of GP3300 cells. Those numbers are still the best i've seen. I have a set of Pro-Match GP3300's taht cycle at 7.01 AV and 84 IR, and those are a couple months old. But i will say that the next batts i get WILL be warpspeed.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stephen Baker
Vic, we have been running 19 turn for the past 4 weeks but it is the truck series (truck bodies, not a lot of downforce=not a lot of traction)but we will see what we can do.
Can you bring me one or two good packs sunday?I need em!

Do you think you will be able to make it tomorrow (friday) cause it's susposed to rain sunday?
Steven:

I cant make it friday, I have a basketball tornament with my girls, but I will see you on sunday if it doesnt rain. Talked to
Fenstermacher he will be there on sunday too. Steven email me at
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.