Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poor After sales by Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Wink

If you call them, someone there will get you RMA# and tell you to send the unit in. Some interesting questions remained:

-Are you willing to pay for the postage to mail the unit from U.K. to U.S.?
-Are they going to actually replace the unit for you and mail it back (postage prepaid?)
-Are you going to pay for the postage on the return trip in case they won't pay for it?
-How long is it going to take?
-Ultimately, is the replaced unit going to work properly?

It looks like you already concluded that this whole thing isn't going to work out.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ricky

I was willing to pay the return postage but was not willing to wait 3 months for a replacement. I do accept buying overseas does bring this risk but would have expected some help from Trinity . We all live and learn

the annoying thing is I still think the DPD is an awesome peice of kit !!!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minicooper
Grey market goods are items that are being sold outside of normal distribution channels by companies which may have no relationship with the producer of the goods.

OK AND JOE CONSUMER is supposed to know this is taboo because????? It should not matter where u bought the product if you hold the product the bar code off the box and a receipt you should get warranty. Un like real cars the dealers dont provide service for chargers,batteries,motors,cars,eect. RC stuff has always been handled by the manufacure. Sure there are the odd items that get handled by dealers but not much. So When company XYZ in the USA releases the latest and greatest product and for some odd reason its only availabe in Hong KONG or the UK and only in the USA weeks later, why should a guy in the USA get punished with no warranty cuz he spent the extra abroad to buy the MADE in the USA product and bring it back to the USA for his usage. The only thing GREY/GRAY here is how products Made in the USA can be bought every where but the USA uppon release..

The issue here is EMAIL address on a web site is either responded to or removed. Simple as that. Dont have a 1-800 number and not answer the phone. Dont have an email address and not answer all emails... Its a global market with timezones phone calls are not always the answer.

PS this i more of a general topic not a BASH Trinity topic. Many companies have the email problem. Easy fix remove the address or answer the emails.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own a DPD.

I bought it online from a USA online company. 3 weeks before my LHS in CANADA could get the units in. If i have a warranty issue. Am i S-O-L? At the time i could have got it from Hong Kong or one of 2 US sites. If i bought outside my LHS(wich would have got if from horizzon hobbies) does that void any customer service or warranty from Trinity?

Again not trying to be an ass. But for anyone that new in the hobby and a paypal account they have no idea what the secret code of ethics is when buying rc products. Appearently very few of us do even some of us 20 years into the hobby.

For the record i support my local hobby shops. But will admit when in a rush to get something have gone outside the LHS to get what i wanted sooner. And full well understand that not supporting your LHS could close them down if everyone did the same thing, but 95% of my money goes to them
Old 02-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RickyIS300
If you call them, someone there will get you RMA# and tell you to send the unit in. Some interesting questions remained:

-Are you willing to pay for the postage to mail the unit from U.K. to U.S.?
-Are they going to actually replace the unit for you and mail it back (postage prepaid?)
-Are you going to pay for the postage on the return trip in case they won't pay for it?
-How long is it going to take?
-Ultimately, is the replaced unit going to work properly?

It looks like you already concluded that this whole thing isn't going to work out.
I rang, they told me to send mine in. I did.

- I paid the postage from NZ to US
- They said they would replace the unit, which they better
- They better pay postage too, I won't be happy if I have to pay to get it back
- I'm hoping for about a month before I get it back, but I am prepared and expecting to wait longer then that
- And sadly, I am expecting the replaced unit to have the same problem

I am lucky, I am able to borrow another DPD off a friend while mine is away. But his has the same problem, faulty screen. I am starting to think that the screen problems with the DPD is quite a common accurance, and that the quality of the LCD is not that great. I am seriously considering looking at another discharger, but as someone else said, the DPD is a really great unit.