Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by speedy-932
@stjerno: Good luck with the outdrives.

@RCMonk: I hope that your outdrives will arrive soon.
speedy-932,

Finally received the outdrives today !! I guess I overestimated the German and US postal service. Anyway, the quality is outstanding. I especially like the fact that the alum is silver and the outdrive saver rings are a nice touch. Would have been nice to try them out at last weekends race but I think my next race is gonna be in a couple of weeks. Oh..here's a pic for the others to look at.
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-aluoutdrive.jpg  
Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by RcMonk
Hmmmm.......is that for a R2 or R3 ?
R3
Old 02-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got to run the Xenon R2 tonight Dave, was impressed, quick acceleration and nice and smooth. I felt it transisted a lot better through the turns compared to my xray, running CS22s on carpet.
Im not happy really with the shocks, im filling them from the top and the caps so that they have no rebound then bleeding by backing the caps off half/ three quarters of a turn and pushing the piston up. The caps dont seem to stay tight on the body and leaked a bit over the course of the evening. Yokomo caps fix this?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I have one quick question. The stock 5 spoke rims, are they 24mm in width? And then would they fit on a Team Losi xxx-s? Still new to the touring world.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
Finally got to run the Xenon R2 tonight Dave, was impressed, quick acceleration and nice and smooth. I felt it transisted a lot better through the turns compared to my xray, running CS22s on carpet.
Im not happy really with the shocks, im filling them from the top and the caps so that they have no rebound then bleeding by backing the caps off half/ three quarters of a turn and pushing the piston up. The caps dont seem to stay tight on the body and leaked a bit over the course of the evening. Yokomo caps fix this?
check to ensure the oring is in each cap, never had them leak when they were in place. also you may want to consider filling them from the bottom. the yokomo cap require the bladder which isn't a bad thing but different. but have had the yokomo caps leak just a tiny bit.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Chris ...

Just received the machined outdrives today! They look awesome, even the packaging was professional. Building another brand new barracuda this weekend and will be dying to finish it and hit the track

Berger ...

Never had any particular problems with alex shock caps, although some guys on this forum said they leaked sometimes. Maybe you should consider buying new caps, rings and fill them from the bottom as instructed on the manual. You should have no problem
Old 02-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Mine are both R2's.

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
R3
Old 02-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all... anyone have a set of the low profile hubs for running foams that they're willing to sell?? I actually need two sets, but I'll take one if I can get it...

Thanks!!!

R
Old 02-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AZ_Ron
Hey all... anyone have a set of the low profile hubs for running foams that they're willing to sell?? I actually need two sets, but I'll take one if I can get it...

Thanks!!!

R
There are a few places that still have the front hubs left in stock.. but the rear hub is all out... and also no more uper camber link mounts......... .

Good luck with your hunt
-Dave
Old 02-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

If I can locate the hubs, I have some cf I can use... trace the ones I have and make the mounts...

Worst case, I could probably have my buddy make me a couple of pairs using the one set I have as a guide... should I have him make several sets, as once the setup is done, it's simply loading and unloading the machine... Is there any call for more sets?

R
Old 02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

If I can locate the hubs, I have some cf I can use... trace the ones I have and make the mounts...

Worst case, I could probably have my buddy make me a couple of pairs using the one set I have as a guide... should I have him make several sets, as once the setup is done, it's simply loading and unloading the machine... Is there any call for more sets?

R
I don`t think PAL is going to be making any more sets now that ALEX has MADE the CE Hubs now.. besides I think PAL has stopped making any Barracuda parts now.. because I think that they are gearing up for TC3/4 stuff
-Dvae
Old 02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Well Dave... whaddya think?? Think it would be worth the trouble to make 10-20 sets??

R
Old 02-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Well Dave... whaddya think?? Think it would be worth the trouble to make 10-20 sets??

R
I know that PAL will make them again if there is demand.. they would have to make at least 50 sets front and rear
and considering the fact that they only made 500 sets the 1st time 300 PAL & 200 EXCEL... there would have to be quite a few users.. but there is other ways of getting hubs to fit the Barracuda
PAL Short harm holders with Pro4 sus arms and knuckles
-Dave
Old 02-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Actually, I was asking if you thought it would be worth MY while to have 10-20 sets of the low pro hubs made up here locally... I can sell them off to anyone who needs them... I just don't know what the demand is... I can have my buddy make as many sets as I'd like if I'm going to have him make a one anyway... All CNC...

R
Old 02-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, I was asking if you thought it would be worth MY while to have 10-20 sets of the low pro hubs made up here locally... I can sell them off to anyone who needs them... I just don't know what the demand is... I can have my buddy make as many sets as I'd like if I'm going to have him make a one anyway... All CNC...

R
I`m sure if you made a few sets that they would sell quite easy while your at it..you should have your budy modify the desigh to make different carster options besides the standard deg
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.