Quite in here tonight!!!!!!!!
Getting ready for lots of picture taking this weekend at the Japan Nationals
Old 11-11-2004, 07:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Getting ready for lots of picture taking this weekend at the Japan Nationals
That would be cool. I bet you will take some really nice pics. Always nice to check out different cars.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
That would be cool. I bet you will take some really nice pics. Always nice to check out different cars.
Going to see what the HPI team does this year .and hang out with my buddys from PAL
-Dave
Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Going to see what the HPI team does this year .and hang out with my buddys from PAL
-Dave
Hmm you going to run the Pro4 then !!! I'm thinking of getting a Pro4. I only sold mine because I couldn't get parts when they first came out but now it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Hmm you going to run the Pro4 then !!! I'm thinking of getting a Pro4. I only sold mine because I couldn't get parts when they first came out but now it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Me run in the Expert Class ... no way...!! ... just going to have some fun and take some pic's and see some of the top drivers in action!! ..but it looks like the weather mighr be Sh!tty on Sunday at Kawaba
-Dave
Old 11-11-2004, 08:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Me run in the Expert Class ... no way...!! ... just going to have some fun and take some pic's and see some of the top drivers in action!! ..but it looks like the weather mighr be Sh!tty on Sunday at Kawaba
-Dave
Weather here is getting ugly. Just starting to rain and it is getting colder. A nice high of 43 or so tommorrow but rain.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Tim

See you have succumbed to a good car.
Whether your aware that is the configuration I have been racing at the club for the past 6 months, so I will see you at West Kent on Sunday so we can get our heads together.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Do it yourself Outdrive Shields

The diameter of the diff outdrive is 10mm, the majority of shock absorbers have an internal diameter of exactly the same measurement. I used an old Xray shocker, and with a small amount of use with a dremel they made super tight sleeves with no gluing, and they have not moved in 6 months.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike

Unfortunately I wont be racing on Sunday due another commitment but I will hopefully see you next time. Is yours an R2 or a Triox?

Tim
Old 11-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default Re: Do it yourself Outdrive Shields

Originally posted by SagaMike
The diameter of the diff outdrive is 10mm, the majority of shock absorbers have an internal diameter of exactly the same measurement. I used an old Xray shocker, and with a small amount of use with a dremel they made super tight sleeves with no gluing, and they have not moved in 6 months.
So us some pic once you have made yours
Give us some step so we can follows..
Old 11-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: R3 High Grip set up(no sway bars)

Originally posted by poop
Hi Dave,
i tried your setup today and i must say that the cornering speed is FAST!!! turns in nice and holds the line relatively well (with a slight push mid and exit on power) off power steering is excellent and really responsive.
I do have a question though, when you say med-tight diff, approximately how many turns out from fully tightened? initially i was 1/8th out but the rear end was too tail happy...right now i'm at approximately 5/8 of a turn out from full tight and it tamed the rear end by a lot but to tame it totally, it will bleed too much power away and loose corner speed. is there another way to tame the sliding rear end? there is this bastard of a corner where i race where at the end of the main straight there's this tight little chicane leading into a 180 degree hair pin where my car really, really hates and this is where i'm mainly having problems. it doesnt like high speed off power direction changes. A lot of other cars are having trouble with this corner too but i just want to show them how good this car is (to prove that this car "works") that's why i really want it to handle well and pass them on that particular corner
any insight would be tried and appreciated
cheers mate.
Looks like your car is a prime candidate for a spool. Spool will push slightly off power but give you the steering back on power.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I would like to run my spool more but it really tears up my idler gears if I hit anything. I know a spool would be faster for me but I get tired of changing out the gear.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Qualifying results are in from the JMRCA Modified Nationals, and Kitazawa from Alex/Xenon Racing has qualified in the 9th position in the A-main

Steve Wang
Old 11-14-2004, 08:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Gotta like that.

JDM_DOHC_SiR anything arrive yet? I do have a question for you or anyone that can help out. I'm using the Pal front hub setup and was wondering what the caster is with them? What are you guys doing for camber link adjustments since you only have one spot on the Pal setup? Sometimes I like to move my links to get different results and seem now not to be able to.

Also for you guys that run spools in the Cuda do you have problems knocking teeth off the idler gears if you tap a wall or barrier during a race? If not did you do anything special to keep this from happening?

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by wyd; 11-14-2004 at 08:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.