Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by wyd
Ok not sure if this has been done by anyone but here is a picture of my Xenon R3 Cuda. It is the Xenon chassis, toplate, motor mount and spur gear adaptor. All the rest of the parts are R3 Cuda parts. Now I have the nice bell crank steering!!!!!!!
Looks good Wyd, looks like the team driver cars at the Worlds. I see that you solved the 28mm foam tire problem too.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by RcMonk
Looks good Wyd, looks like the team driver cars at the Worlds. I see that you solved the 28mm foam tire problem too.
I think this setup might be what I have been looking for all along.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by wyd
RcMonk I had my shop order the JR ones and they are in stock. Thanks for the help.
Wyd,

I found a pic of the JR filter mounted on my car (actually this was when I first got your car).
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-cuda.jpg  
Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by RcMonk
Wyd,

I found a pic of the JR filter mounted on my car (actually this was when I first got your car).
Thanks. It is a tad different than the one I used from Kilruf but still a small size so that will be great. I ordered some ffrom RCO. They come 2 in a pack.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
I think this setup might be what I have been looking for all along.
looks pretty nice there... I still favor the my PAL R2's the best.. but we will see when the R3 is done
-Dave
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

To me the only real draw back is that R3 Steering rack. Once Alex makes those low profile hubs and caster blocks then the car will be really good. I guess in Japan they don' run foams too often and have no need to fit 28mm tires onto a car. All the Tamiya cars are the same way.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd
To me the only real draw back is that R3 Steering rack. Once Alex makes those low profile hubs and caster blocks then the car will be really good. I guess in Japan they don' run foams too often and have no need to fit 28mm tires onto a car. All the Tamiya cars are the same way.
Nobody runs Foam on Carpet over here.. all they run is Rubber on Carpet...and that only 2 tracks in Japan
-Dave
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It has been a while since I posted the pink monster. Here it is with some new bling I don't think there is any pink parts left to buy unless I start machining a-arms and diffs then anodizing them pink

I threw in my current body even though I have a good thrashing on it. Gotta love the brushless action in practice.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Is it mainly touring cars and 1/12th scale in Japan? What are the popular cars on Japan for touring? I know their are alot of cars out. I suspect Tamiya is a big one. Anybody run those RC Lap cars with any success? Look very cool.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Pumpkinfish that is a bad ass looking Cuda. Look forward to seeing it at DC Ultra sometime. What width foams do you use when you run your car at DC Ultra? With the setup I see you would need spacers run even 26mm foams.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

I might be there this weekend wyd. I am trying to get out of a dinner engagement.

I think my tires are 26mm. I just throw them on and have a good time I know I can't keep up with the sponsored guys at DC Ultra so I go to have a good time. Now when I am racing dirt oval in the summer, that is another story....
Old 11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
It has been a while since I posted the pink monster. Here it is with some new bling I don't think there is any pink parts left to buy unless I start machining a-arms and diffs then anodizing them pink

I threw in my current body even though I have a good thrashing on it. Gotta love the brushless action in practice.

Wow... Pink and lots of it!

now you need some pink TECH alloy turnbuckles for that bad boy
-Dave
Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I might be there this weekend wyd. I am trying to get out of a dinner engagement.

I think my tires are 26mm. I just throw them on and have a good time I know I can't keep up with the sponsored guys at DC Ultra so I go to have a good time. Now when I am racing dirt oval in the summer, that is another story....
You should try Bumps and Jumps Dirt oval. It is really getting nice and they are geting more guys every week.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Dave, do they have pink knuckles too? Dang I need to get my employer to ship me to Japan for a week so I can do some shopping! I can't believe there is something pink I don't have. Have you seen pink ball cups and captured ends? What about pink carbon fiber? I might as well go all out right?

Wyd, the problem with Bumps and Jumps is they race oval saturday afternoon. DC Ultra runs at 5:00 on saturday evening. I could never do both! So my CW GBX sprinter and Terminator EDM are getting a break this winter unless I do an alternating schedule. Hmmm.....
Old 11-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Dave, do they have pink knuckles too? Dang I need to get my employer to ship me to Japan for a week so I can do some shopping! I can't believe there is something pink I don't have. Have you seen pink ball cups and captured ends? What about pink carbon fiber? I might as well go all out right?

Yes if it's alloy I can get it changed to any color you want...Even Dodo Brown
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.