Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OK
Have you tried the 3dg caster blocks ??
In the resent EU finals some drivers were running negative caster to get enough steering.. The track was wide and fast ..

Any one tried running with less than 3deg caster on the Cuda ?
Lifting the rear of the front A-arms ?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Keeping same subject ...

Using the 3, 5 or 7 deg caster front c hubs, what are the main handling effects on the barracuda, going into and out of a corner? I mean in terms of steering.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

has anybody an asphalt setup to share..
i think we need some more setups. just like the associated guys, they have plenty of good setupsheets on their hompage to start with.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:27 AM
O
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Herminator
don't you mean cvd bones? the axles are what Xenon make in Ti

Didn't you mention some other cars bones that are the same size as the Cuda's? What are the front cvd lengths? I'm too lazy to take mine out and measure them, don't have callipers anyway. Do you know of any specific bone/axle combo's from other cars that should work, especialy for the front, doesn't matter if their cvd joints won't actualy match up.
I have used ti bones for a yokomo sd on mine .They have been holding up very well,I use alex alloy ones on the back

Dave
Old 07-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TC3
has anybody an asphalt setup to share..
i think we need some more setups. just like the associated guys, they have plenty of good setupsheets on their hompage to start with.
Agree...

I'll post mine when I find a good working one

problem is often that the size of the track, tires used and driving style makes it very hard to find a setup that works for everyone.. did I forget to mention the weather

Dave posted some setup tips some pages back, but maybe we should make a Barracuda setup thread instead ?? One with only setup's posted in .. and let this one continue as a general cuda thread with lots of other issues discussed !

Guess I just tossed the ball up .. let se who picks it up

Stjerno
Old 07-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stjerno

Guess I just tossed the ball up .. let se who picks it up

Stjerno
If you tossed the ball up doesn't it mean someone has to catch it? they'd need to pick it up if it was just lying on the ground

Sorry, I'm bored so I make very bad jokes
Old 07-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Herminator
If you tossed the ball up doesn't it mean someone has to catch it? they'd need to pick it up if it was just lying on the ground

Sorry, I'm bored so I make very bad jokes
It was a low flying ball .. hit the ground very fast
Old 07-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Using the 3, 5 or 7 deg caster front c hubs, what are the main handling differences on the barracuda, going into and out of a corner? I mean in terms of steering.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:45 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stjerno
It was a low flying ball .. hit the ground very fast
hm
Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
Using the 3, 5 or 7 deg caster front c hubs, what are the main handling differences on the barracuda, going into and out of a corner? I mean in terms of steering.
I'm not sure myself, I know it's all to do with how it effects camber during the turn and compression of the suspension but it's not something I mess with, too many other options to change in too little time usualy

I'm currently going through the fun of stripping the whole car and discovering a few "nice" suprises
I wondered why my rear diff fealt like sandpaper, it's because the long half has rounded off around the diff plate so it turns on it's own With my luck I have another diff thats got a broken end and it's the long end thats broken and unusable and already the short end on the diff I was using is broken but usable. So out of a total of three diffs I now have one complete one
Doesn't leave me with much choice of running the one way next weekend or not at Carlisle for the SMTCA I was already going to atleast try a practise run with it since I think I can go faster with it there but if it rains now then I'm going to have to be very careful indeed

The bearing in the Xenon motor mount feels like it has a few boulders stuck it in. The diff bearings are still quite smooth considering.

My front axles are worse than I thought, the steel ones that is, the holes are more than twice the size they should be My Ti ones are actualy slightly better, only about 1.8 times the size they should be I think this is where I'm going to have to spend what little money I do have before next sunday.

The front left knuckle had a stripped hole I knew about, it turns out it's taken a large hit during a high speed crash at Teeside and the hole was deformed by the hit, the bottom half of the knuckle basicly split. Most cars would probably have written off a suspension arm and probably several other bits.

Oh what fun
Old 07-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by O
I have used ti bones for a yokomo sd on mine .They have been holding up very well,I use alex alloy ones on the back

Dave
You wouldn't happen to know if the SD's front axles are the same would you?
Or even if the rears from the SD are the same as the fronts on the Cuda?

If either of them are then I'll probably buy a nice pair of Titanium CVD's for the front and see how they last.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

hey herm are you goin to the stony grand prix? Should be good, theres more big names signed up the list now goes:
Jimmy maddison
Ben cosgrove
Andy moore
Greg hill

well thats the non scotish entrys anyway.
Your lucky you werent at benarty the track was coverd in sandy gritty stuff, wasnt to healthy on the old bearings
Old 07-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

nope, too far for me now, would need to be an overnighter.

Should be very interesting though, with Jimmy Maddison driving the Barracuda R3 which he got a couple weeks ago
He must have a good chance of a win in 19Turn Even if there are about 80 drivers for each class
Splitting the classes over the two days certainly seems to have boosted numbers, with most drivers doing both.

I knew Benarty would be gritty, it's half the reason I didn't bother with the trip. In the wet or damp it's hell on your car, you have to scrape the grit out of the inside of your wheels so they can spin freely without the grit scraping on the suspension arms
Old 07-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
3= More initial steering and response but may push mid corner on power. Suited for tight tracks.
5= +/- compromise
7= Less initial steering and response but more steering on power or mid corner. Better for sweeping high speed tracks.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:49 AM
O
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Herminator
You wouldn't happen to know if the SD's front axles are the same would you?
Or even if the rears from the SD are the same as the fronts on the Cuda?

If either of them are then I'll probably buy a nice pair of Titanium CVD's for the front and see how they last.
[/QUOTE

I'm pretty sure the whole sd front fit
But the axles are definately different on the back

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.