Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with Merciless, the Triox is simply a basic R2. Newer updated versions are the Xenon & Speedway Pal Conversions (with easy access to spur gear, etc) and now the R3. These are the latest kits which are definitely a step better than the old R2
Old 10-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John_S
i like the r3 beter and for a stock r2 the only thing i wud get is a speedway pal steering rack for hopups and possibly aluminium shaft holders if runing mod
well the steering rack is hard to find these days...not to mention the hubs, I got to cnc mine
Old 10-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Quit bickering girls!

The stock R2 and Triox are a little bit behind in spec, only the drive train though. The one piece center shaft is fine but requires more patience when building and alloy shaft holders which are an expensive hop up.
Some would argue though that the R2's stock steering setup is better, not rack vs traditional but just in terms of more steering throw and response. So there's the alloy rack for the R3 to buy when you can find it... and alloy shaft holders would be nice for the R3 too.

If I were to buy a car now it would be an R3, but I'd probably look around for a second hand one that has a few hop ups and hasn't had too much track action, especially if Dave's selling one of his

But my R2 is easily as fast as an R3 so why change
(especially since its sat on a table for the last month )
Old 10-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

I think i'll get... a pink R3... How well does the car handel? any cons on the car good bads? ect.... I guess I didnt go with my plan with buying a belt car... oh well... Anymore comments on R3?
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Don't know about the PINK one m8, i hear the BLUE version is much more responsive and faster out the corners too !!!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

as a former pink R3 owner.. id like to say i always beat my friend's blue R2!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Merciless
My mum told me pink is for girls & blue for boys
Old 10-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Merciless
Could you elaborate on "responsive" for me ??

As i can't understand how the way the centre shaft is made up can alter the "responsiveness" of the car. As with the triox there is just one shaft and with the R3 it is made up of sections but i cannot find any give or "twist" in it so i would think they would respond very similarly.

1 other point the shorter the sections are, the less "twist" you get under accelaration. So in theory the R3 would have to be more responsive because that centre shaft is shorter and therefore would require a greater inertia to Twist it under accelaration.

I really think there is very little difference in the cars, i'd just lean towards buying the latest version of anything i was going to buy new
Its just my opinion but i think the Trio has better drive from standing still having driven both cars!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well just got back into town from racing my R3 in North Carolina. Was their end of the season race. I ran 19 turn and finished 5th in the A main. The only thing holing me back was the lack of steering from the stock steering rack. Just like I thought would happen. Problem will be solved next time out as I have a new Speedway Pal rack for it.

Car was as fast as the top guys but lack of steering getting into the corners and lack of throw made it too slow entering the corners. All in all though the car was planted and worked great but it will be a ton better next time I run asphalt.

Now onto running some carpet. Hate it but will be trying it here over the next few weeks. Hope to have the BMI cahssis setup for it though.

Brian
Old 10-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

So you guys think I should get R3 out of all the TC's? Belt, shaft? Seems to me the car looks pretty nice. How much room does it give for electronics and stuff? AnD Hebiki, You have a pink R3?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by vi3tishduy
So you guys think I should get R3 out of all the TC's? Belt, shaft? Seems to me the car looks pretty nice. How much room does it give for electronics and stuff? AnD Hebiki, You have a pink R3?
you need to just buy a car and hit the track!

yes i used to own an R3. all pinked out too.. pal steering rack.. hubs.. name it i had it on my Cuda.

ive actually owned most of the cars (SD, CGM, EvoIII, R2, R3, 415..etc) R3 was one of the fastest cars for me. hmm?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He sold his, but I have one The only drawback to pink is the difficulty locating the pink bling for it. If there is a pink part I have it including wheel nuts!

Between my Xray and Cuda, I like the Cuda better. I could never get in the groove with my Xray. It was probably the setup.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
He sold his, but I have one The only drawback to pink is the difficulty locating the pink bling for it. If there is a pink part I have it including wheel nuts!

Between my Xray and Cuda, I like the Cuda better. I could never get in the groove with my Xray. It was probably the setup.
Nice Avatar!!!!! I should be down to DC Ultra in 2 weeks and I think for the ORL race with my Cuda. Hope to have the BMI chassis for that race but will see.

Brian
Old 10-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Anyone able to post some pic's of the BMI cuda chassis has it even been finished yet ??

What are the differences, and where do i get mine please ???
Old 10-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Merciless
Anyone able to post some pic's of the BMI cuda chassis has it even been finished yet ??

What are the differences, and where do i get mine please ???
I don"t think that he has it yet..?? I sent off the rest of the chassis paarts almost 2 weeks ago .. no PM yet form Jason
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.