Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default UK Nationals

Good luck at the UK Nationals to the Centre Point guy's with the R3s this weekend, the Stock and Super Stock are at Barham and the Modified at Ashby. First time out with the car at a National for Dan Watson in modified, so we will see what he can do.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

good luck anton and good luck Nick ps cya all at jubilee arena

with them brushes nick
Old 09-03-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Speed Demon

Originally posted by Gazza_D
You dont mention weather you have tried the mid span arm set, if you havent then this would be a good investment and will go quite a way to gaining that elusive corner speed through the infield sections

Keep plugging away, it will be quicker
Nope, not yeat, I am still using the long span arm but changed to the graphite type... so the fles is very minimal compared to the stock ones...

Well, I might give it a try later when my wallet is topped up again... already spend a lot to prep for the race this sunday here.. my first race with the R2... previously I race with Pro 4.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default PLEASE HELP!

I am in the proccess of building my R3 but i have run into a problem i bought the R2 centre one way for it but it seems that the shaft is not too long to fit! what should i do? should i cut the carbon shaft??? there must be a way to make it fit as i was assured that it'll work on an R3
thanks all
Old 09-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by poop
I am in the proccess of building my R3 but i have run into a problem i bought the R2 centre one way for it but it seems that the shaft is not too long to fit! what should i do? should i cut the carbon shaft??? there must be a way to make it fit as i was assured that it'll work on an R3
thanks all
who told you it would fit?
as I recall, Dave said some time ago that it wouldn't fit.
whats wrong with just using a one way diff?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by Herminator
who told you it would fit?
as I recall, Dave said some time ago that it wouldn't fit.
whats wrong with just using a one way diff?

i remember that Dave said it would and is good on the R3... guess i made a mistake
i wanted the centre one way because where i race, one ways work best and centre oneway would just make it even better
oh well...
Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default FOUND IT!!

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yes the center oneway works with the R3. very fast cornering speed

also the R2 hubs and knuckles will work with the R3 the stabilizers are the same... the mounting hardware is different between the R2 and R3.
-Dave
hi Herm:
found this a few pages back...had me worry there for a bit thinking that it might have been a figment of my imagination. there must be a way that it'll fit...unless Dave isn't as knowledgable as we think he is....hmmmm....nah! no way! he has all the answers for cudas!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

maybe Dave's been at the Saki
maybe it does need trimming though, I thought length was the issue mentioned before.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

maybe Dave's been at the Saki
maybe it does need trimming though, I thought length was the issue mentioned before.
yummmmm sake.....
well, once Dave can confirm this, then out comes the grinder
Old 09-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally posted by poop
yummmmm sake.....
well, once Dave can confirm this, then out comes the grinder
hey! Poop!

Where do u race?

I live in Sydney as well. I also building a R3 atm, Just finishing clean those bearing. starting to build the diff, tommrow.

wht does a centra 1-way look like?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Steve:

What happend to the spool for the Cuda ?

Can someone confirm for me that a spool works the same way as a locked diff ? And won't it just make your car wanner go straight no matter what ?

Indoor season =all night carpet action .. NOW

Last edited by stjerno; 09-03-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stjerno
Steve:

What happend to the spool for the Cuda ?

Can someone confirm for me that a spool works the same way as a locked diff ? And won't it just make your car wanner go straight no matter what ?

Indoor season =all nicht carpet action .. NOW
spool is the same as a locked diff, just a locked diff is a way of making a spool from parts you already have.
I've never used one, don't want to put my drivetrain through the abuse but from what I understand, they make the car understeer into corners a bit so you have to be aggresive and get the rear end to swing around, then they pull very well out of corners (just like a one way), with all the steering you could need.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

spool is the same as a locked diff, just a locked diff is a way of making a spool from parts you already have.
I've never used one, don't want to put my drivetrain through the abuse but from what I understand, they make the car understeer into corners a bit so you have to be aggresive and get the rear end to swing around, then they pull very well out of corners (just like a one way), with all the steering you could need.
So they give steering out .. how about mid corner steering ? What about cornerspeed compared to both diff and one-way
Old 09-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stjerno
So they give steering out .. how about mid corner steering ? What about cornerspeed compared to both diff and one-way
As I say I've never used one but I think you gain speed because you arrive very fast into a corner then can slam on the brakes, then at mid corner you can give it lots of power and pull the car out of the corner hard.
It's commonly agreed that on most good sized tracks that a one way is still the fastest option though, but the tighter a track the more a spool would help.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

As I say I've never used one but I think you gain speed because you arrive very fast into a corner then can slam on the brakes, then at mid corner you can give it lots of power and pull the car out of the corner hard.
It's commonly agreed that on most good sized tracks that a one way is still the fastest option though, but the tighter a track the more a spool would help.
Ok, thanks Herm..

Guess all I need is a couple of hours at the lathe with a pices of aluminum and a complete diff set for the cuda to use as a model.
Can then use the delrin outdrives and the gear from the diff set and have a lightweight spool in a days time
Now where do I find a lathe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.