Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

was 2nd not a win, but next time.....
hehe, the guy who won was runing a Losi and I think the he got a little scared of my speed, he's now selling the Losi, probably to get a G+ version, since the standard car is so overweight
Old 05-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
was 2nd not a win, but next time.....
hehe, the guy who won was runing a Losi and I think the he got a little scared of my speed, he's now selling the Losi, probably to get a G+ version, since the standard car is so overweight
2nd is still winning in my Book Hermi' ...How far back were you off his pace

-Dave
Old 05-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
2nd is still winning in my Book Hermi' ...How far back were you off his pace

-Dave
I actually think I was able to run some faster laps than he was doing, pretty sure I got the lap record of the day for 19T, he was just getting his good laps more consistant than me. He won by 6 or 8 seconds in the end, he seemed to get through the back markers a little better too, I had one guy almost try to race me when I was lapping him.
I could of done with tightening my rear diff a little but didn't have time before the final, that would of helped me get into corners a little better more consistantly, as it was the car was riding curbs very well, I really like the track, it has a mixture of curbs, all poored concrete, you have to learn which you can ride and which will send you flying, there is one in the middle of a chicane which is very flat yet lots of people steer too much around it, if your car is good you can basicly straight line it. But to do so you have to run close to the first curb which will send you flying and often into the last curb of the chicane which is rideable depending at what angle you hit it, quite a satisfying section if you get it right as you can go very fast, it's also very easy to take if you go a little slower but that would be boring
Old 05-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

I actually think I was able to run some faster laps than he was doing, pretty sure I got the lap record of the day for 19T, he was just getting his good laps more consistant than me. He won by 6 or 8 seconds in the end, he seemed to get through the back markers a little better too, I had one guy almost try to race me when I was lapping him.
I could of done with tightening my rear diff a little but didn't have time before the final, that would of helped me get into corners a little better more consistantly, as it was the car was riding curbs very well, I really like the track, it has a mixture of curbs, all poored concrete, you have to learn which you can ride and which will send you flying, there is one in the middle of a chicane which is very flat yet lots of people steer too much around it, if your car is good you can basicly straight line it. But to do so you have to run close to the first curb which will send you flying and often into the last curb of the chicane which is rideable depending at what angle you hit it, quite a satisfying section if you get it right as you can go very fast, it's also very easy to take if you go a little slower but that would be boring
Sounds like you have a fun track there Hermi'
I really have to get the pictures up of my new Local track

Ragicon TenGoku Or R/C Heaven in English...an when you see the pictures of the track you will know why ..very well preped track

-Dave
Old 05-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

A photo of the track a couple of years ago just after it was built.

the Chicane I was speaking of is on the left, the rostrum is located on the left where the singal person is standing. Kinda makes the sweeper nearest to the camera difficult to get perfect since it's furthest away and the fastest part, most cars run a little wide, often where I could of improved, but I managed to carry more speed than most anyway, over took a few around the outside.

a couple of constant radius corners that invite curb riding, and then near the tent a squared off double apex corner that you want to get right so you keep the speed for the straight, made more tricky by a curb on the exit to the left which tightens your line, hit it and you're going to mow some grass Then the sweeper onto the straight is just right in that if you take it correctly you can go full throttle, start too wide or late and you'll run out of track or have to back off just when you want to be accelerating hard. Locals say it gets boring running it every week, I've been there quite a few times now and find it very rewarding. Too many other permanent tracks are made with nitro's in mind, which means boring corners and long straights. My local track is laid out with flat fire hoses on a car park with wodden corner dots that seem to be fine to get a wheel onto when indoors but outdoors they send your car flying because of the extra speed. Plus the tarmac is dirty and has odd lumps that mean you have to run a high ride height or your car will flip up until the rear of your body hits the ground and then slam the car back down.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thats beautiful Herm, I would really enjoy driving on a circuit like that all the time, reminds me of Tamiyas' Shizuoka circuit.

Idon't really understand the need for the RC community to change the layout every week. Seems to me that Laguna Seca, Suzuka, Spa and others are fine the way they are barring fine adjustments for safety, guess it depends what scale you come from
Old 05-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

??

All I see is Big XX's Hermi'

-Dave
Old 05-29-2003, 03:11 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Sounds like you have a fun track there Hermi'
I really have to get the pictures up of my new Local track

Ragicon TenGoku Or R/C Heaven in English...an when you see the pictures of the track you will know why ..very well preped track

-Dave
Dave: Do "RC Heaven" have any web-site? Or can I get any info. from "RC World" or "RC magazine"?? Maybe I can go there if next time when I go to Japan!! Thanks!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ??

All I see is Big XX's Hermi'

-Dave
Thats because you're "special" Dave you should know X's are a symbol for kisses
maybe you should try right clicking on them and selecting properties, then copy and paste the links to another browser window.

12hours to go........
Old 05-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hermi,

Congrats on your second place finish, great run! Also, that's a nice track you guys have there

You guys are more than welcome to send me race results of your cuda, I'll gladly put them up on the Alex Racing USA website

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Steve,

Any news on the English Instruction yet.
Would like to get a set.

My cuda runs great. And I have to say one of the more durable cars out. I have hit some things that would of destroyed my Losi.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We are updating the Alex Racing USA (www.alexracingusa.com) website with pictures, setups, and more articles right now. Dave Berger's Reedy Race setup will on there shortly, the photos are already online.

2fast4u2,

We won't have a complete English instruction, but an English supplement is included with all the kits that are sold in the US. We will also have it online for you guys to down load.

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Steve you got PM
Old 05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

How about some names under those mug shots

What were the drivers opinions of the Reedy 19T motors, if they had a free choice of motor what would you go for? I noticed the gearing on the new setup, for such a small track it seems quite high, did the motor have quite a bit of torque?
I take it the extra weight added was for the minimum weight rules, why add it on the battery side though? thought you'd have placed it over to the left to balance out the chassis.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: ??

Thats because you're "special" Dave you should know X's are a symbol for kisses

12hours to go........
Jeez' Thanks Hermi'

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.