Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We are updating the Alex Racing USA (www.alexracingusa.com) website with pictures, setups, and more articles right now. Dave Berger's Reedy Race setup will on there shortly, the photos are already online.

2fast4u2,

We won't have a complete English instruction, but an English supplement is included with all the kits that are sold in the US. We will also have it online for you guys to down load.

Steve Wang
Steve ....the pictures are great thank you very much for posting them on the alex site
Old 05-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here's a couple shots of my car

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

picture of me and my car getting along happy (when it was dialed lol)

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Steve .........man keep them coming that body is SWEEET
Old 05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Regional Moderator

has anyone tried the TC3 steering like on this cuda ? and do you think there is a plus or minus to it?
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-609flap2.jpg  
Old 05-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
has anyone tried the TC3 steering like on this cuda ? and do you think there is a plus or minus to it?

When I had my TC3...I really didn't like the steering rack...it would sometimes bind...even when bearings are in place. The NTC3 steering rack is a little smoother....
Old 05-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

By the way, the guy standing next to David on the front page is the owner of FLAP RC Parts (Mr. Noboru), we will soon be carrying FLAP RC Parts for the Barracuda R2

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Very nice shell Steve, I'd love one like that, maybe with a few flashes of flourescent red or green, long the edges of the chrome perhaps

I like my steering as it is, very little slop at all
Old 05-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thats a sweet car KO, lots of mods. The folks that race TC3's here wish they didn't have that rack type steering, lots of complaints about it. Is that your car ? Your Carbon tweek plate

btw Mr. Noboru is quite the guru on the CUDA, he really helped me with the setup during the triple A-Mains at Reedy.

Isn't it cool how these little cars can bring so many people together from so many diffrerent far away places
Old 05-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Thats a sweet car KO, lots of mods. The folks that race TC3's here wish they didn't have that rack type steering, lots of complaints about it. Is that your car ? Your Carbon tweek plate

btw Mr. Noboru is quite the guru on the CUDA, he really helped me with the setup during the triple A-Mains at Reedy.

Isn't it cool how these little cars can bring so many people together from so many diffrerent far away places
dave .....that isnt my car . its one from a web site in japan
and I didnt know if anyone had tried it the tc3 steering on the cuda. i had it on my ova T4 and switched back to the yoko style
much smoother.

steve...... the flap produtcs are great! very well made I have the chassis ,upper brace and front and rear stays,plus i have the arm plates coming to stiffen the arms up from flap.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I Have that Flap TC-3 style steering system on my PAL Cuda'.... The Akerman is a tad bit different than the stock lay out.. also you will need to use the newer style steering knuckles when you use this style stereing because the steering rate is noticeably different with the tie rod on the out most position

-Dave..

BTW Pro Shop Futaba sells a TC-3 Conversion kit for the Barracuda so you can also use there system also..it's 2200 Yen for the convertor and you'll need the TC-3 Rack and bearings..
Old 05-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

steve...... the flap produtcs are great! very well made I have the chassis ,upper brace and front and rear stays,plus i have the arm plates coming to stiffen the arms up from flap.

Joseph.... you do know that the the arm braces are for the older style R1 arms' ...I thought that you had the PAL Short span system arms on the PAL Cuda'??
and with that new FLAP Chassis... you'll need to use the R2 arms I belive

-Dave
Old 05-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Regional Moderator

dave .......yes it is so cool that people from all over the world can have something to talk about "cudas" and i bet it was super to meet Mr.Noboru from japan and that is a cool T you have on there I have one coming also and here is a picture
of my pal cuda
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pal-cuda.jpg  
Old 05-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Just think how I feel Racing here in Japan...justa wealth of knowlage

-Dave
Old 05-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Joseph.... you do know that the the arm braces are for the older style R1 arms' ...I thought that you had the PAL Short span system arms on the PAL Cuda'??
and with that new FLAP Chassis... you'll need to use the R2 arms I belive

-Dave
uuuummmmmm dave I can tell you everything now can I

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.