Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 02-19-2004, 09:13 AM
  #9661  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,451
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
mike

you know you want the sparkle chassis! i think you'll get faster with the R3. (not that you need to get faster...hehe you need to slow down actually so i can catch you)

i think ive posted this before, with the R3 and newly redesigned motor mount, aligning the drivetrain is so much easier..and much freer.

i forgot who, but someone at socal spun my drivetrain and was very surprised when they learned i had stock bearings. they thought i was on ceramics.

randman noticed that its lighter and stiffer. thats with a stock 2.5mm lower deck.

next time we're at la mirada.... ill show you the car again. you didnt get to check it out too much last time i showed you. drivetrain is better from that last time we were at la mirada.
Yeah the car did feel very light too, maybe it's the new sparkily pixy dust chassis material! Man that chassis was stiff too. I was impressed.
Still can't get over that guy at La Mirada jumping his Cuda off of the T-max jump! I feel sorry for whoever buys that car used off of him
MikeR is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 09:29 AM
  #9662  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Hebiki - You still coming to RCHeat on Sunday?
plans changed again. so im definitely snowboarding. this storm is gonna leave a lot of fresh powder. ill put on monster truck tires on my cuda..and drive it around in the snow!
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 09:31 AM
  #9663  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hudd
I am just about to order an R3 and I was hoping to build and race straight out of the box this time, to save money, as normally I end up buying just about every hop-up available. I just thought I would ask if there were any hop-ups that are deemed absolutely necessary for the car?
alum. shaft holders.. this will let you run stock and mod. i think someone posted that the plastic ones dont hold up well in low turn mods.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
  #9664  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by MikeR
Yeah the car did feel very light too, maybe it's the new sparkily pixy dust chassis material! Man that chassis was stiff too. I was impressed.
Still can't get over that guy at La Mirada jumping his Cuda off of the T-max jump! I feel sorry for whoever buys that car used off of him
that was DEFINITELY not me! id never do such a thing to my car.

if your ever at socal on a tuesday night.. let me know, you can drive my car and let me know what you think.

u racing la mirada next month? i was planning on racing this sunday, but snowboarding comes first! see u next month.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 09:49 AM
  #9665  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
alum. shaft holders.. this will let you run stock and mod. i think someone posted that the plastic ones dont hold up well in low turn mods.
That and i had trouble aligning the drivetrain correctly due to the flex.
JusBox is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 10:52 AM
  #9666  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I would say a front diff, that is if the R3 comes with a 1 way. On carpet, mid-span arms. If you order the car from Steve at Speedtechrc.com, he can help the most. He is a great guy to work with and help plus he has A+, excellent service. Dealing with him for 3 years and have no negitive feedback on him. Not 1%. Hope this helps.
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
  #9667  
Tech Regular
 
justinalamode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: torrance, CA
Posts: 437
Default

Originally posted by MikeR

Still can't get over that guy at La Mirada jumping his Cuda off of the T-max jump! I feel sorry for whoever buys that car used off of him
that guy... hmmm... must have been the masami replica painted body...

i wonder whoooooo
justinalamode is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 11:50 AM
  #9668  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by MikeR
Yeah the car did feel very light too, maybe it's the new sparkily pixy dust chassis material! Man that chassis was stiff too. I was impressed.
Still can't get over that guy at La Mirada jumping his Cuda off of the T-max jump! I feel sorry for whoever buys that car used off of him

Was the guy nuts man that is as bad as the guy at the birds jumping his car in a pool
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 01:15 PM
  #9669  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,451
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by justinalamode
that guy... hmmm... must have been the masami replica painted body...

i wonder whoooooo
Was it you Justin?! haha

The car was getting around pretty well until the wheel broke away from the hub
MikeR is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 01:22 PM
  #9670  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,451
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
that was DEFINITELY not me! id never do such a thing to my car.

if your ever at socal on a tuesday night.. let me know, you can drive my car and let me know what you think.

u racing la mirada next month? i was planning on racing this sunday, but snowboarding comes first! see u next month.
Maybe la mirada, definitely Rc heat for next month. Raining this week I hear so we may luck out if they postpone till next week
MikeR is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 01:28 PM
  #9671  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Was the guy nuts man that is as bad as the guy at the birds jumping his car in a pool
Doesn't sound too bright... I work hard to afford my hobby, I wouldn't think of doing that to my stuff but I guess some would, it's theirs, they can do what they want.
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
  #9672  
Tech Regular
 
justinalamode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: torrance, CA
Posts: 437
Default

Originally posted by MikeR
Was it you Justin?! haha

The car was getting around pretty well until the wheel broke away from the hub

OHHH !!!

Nah, Mike, that was Nate! He had a TC3 hehe. But I DID run it off that ramp for kicks.

justinalamode is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 05:27 PM
  #9673  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,451
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I know i saw a Cuda- it had the copper painted body. He wasn't jumping as high as the tmax's but he was getting atleast 8ft of distance! I could see under the chassis when he was in the air
MikeR is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 05:51 PM
  #9674  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by MikeR
I know i saw a Cuda- it had the copper painted body. He wasn't jumping as high as the tmax's but he was getting atleast 8ft of distance! I could see under the chassis when he was in the air
Man i can't see how people do that to their cars. I spend so much time getting everything just right to just treat it like trash.
JusBox is offline  
Old 02-19-2004, 05:54 PM
  #9675  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
plans changed again. so im definitely snowboarding. this storm is gonna leave a lot of fresh powder. ill put on monster truck tires on my cuda..and drive it around in the snow!
That sucks, you be at SoCal on Sat?
Randy Caster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.