Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rumor going around Billy is going LOSI. Any truth Matt?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-17-2004, 07:26 PM

jaybee, recieved and installed the ceramic bearings. the kit comes with all the bearing except for the four for the steering rack. and two for the front diff, (internal bearings) but thats probably because most people run the one way or spool. and smooooooth, OMG, unbelieveable.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Rumor going around Billy is going LOSI. Any truth Matt?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
I just read that thread, it seems to be true but I haven't heard anything first hand to confirm it.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:30 PM

well, i guess all thats left to say is. i drove yoks before billy joined yok and i will still drive yoks after he is gone. billy is a nice guy, i've talked to him at a local off road track in the past, and at this years roar nats. and trust me, i bugged the crap outta him at the nats and he was always nice and helpful. i just hope he and yok parted friends.

but now losi has a problem, they have the mf truck series, the kinwald buggies, maybe they will change the name of the new sedan from jrxs to bexs
Old 12-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I know the pro's really should not impact what we race but it is a shame that Yokomo does not have any top flight US driver for us Yokomo fans here in the states. Tosolini was with them for a long time and was the top gun in the states...Easton took over after Chris left. Hope Yokomo can pull in a big gun to help carry the flag for them here. Do you think this is some trend or does it say something for the future of Yokomo in the US?

Jeff
Old 12-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I know the pro's really should not impact what we race but it is a shame that Yokomo does not have any top flight US driver for us Yokomo fans here in the states. Tosolini was with them for a long time and was the top gun in the states...Easton took over after Chris left. Hope Yokomo can pull in a big gun to help carry the flag for them here. Do you think this is some trend or does it say something for the future of Yokomo in the US?

Jeff
Yokomo's never really had a "big" team in the states, usually just one or two top level guys. With the new year coming up I'm sure alot of contracts are up as well so look for yokomo to make a signing soon.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thats cool...just my first reaction to reading the announcement...lol As a racer you can also become a fan to some level.

Any hints??? Former Yok driver? Now you got me thinking....LOL

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Thats cool...just my first reaction to reading the announcement...lol As a racer you can also become a fan to some level.

Any hints??? Former Yok driver? Now you got me thinking....LOL

Thanks

Jeff
I could tell you but I'd have to kill ya LOL
Old 12-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Shop Owner

Default SD World Rep

I am from Japan and I work for RC Adviser Champ. We have received SD World Rep. If you guys are interesting to order it , please mail to [email protected]

SD World Rep Standard price 68250Yen Discount price 54600Yen

Masa
Old 12-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Yoke have been doing things very low key in the States in the last 5 years, but I have just had a look at a pic of the A finalists at the 98 Worlds and Yoke shirts reign supreme. They didn't win - Spashett did with the Street Weapon, but there were plenty of Yokes - YR4 Js in those days.

Yoke shirt wearers: Drescher, Masami, Baker, Hodapp and Orr I think - not sure about the last 2 names. That's half the top 10.

We all know the car's good. What they need is a couple of real high calibre drivers. I'm sure they must see the potential of the US market.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by ritchie
jaybee, recieved and installed the ceramic bearings. the kit comes with all the bearing except for the four for the steering rack. and two for the front diff, (internal bearings) but thats probably because most people run the one way or spool. and smooooooth, OMG, unbelieveable.
Thanx for the report ritchie. They're next on my list, I want to make sure I get those bearings for the steering rack and the front diff though. Gonna be at the Rain tomorrow racing, hope to see you there

- jaybee
Old 12-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the advantages/differences in running a 3' rear toe block compared to a 2' rear toe block combined with a 1' rear hub, adding up to 3' rear toe anyway?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stinkypop
What is the advantages/differences in running a 3' rear toe block compared to a 2' rear toe block combined with a 1' rear hub, adding up to 3' rear toe anyway?
not a whole lot, you'll have a slighly shorter wheel base with the 3deg block compared to the 2deg block and 1deg hubs since the arms themselves are being adjusted. Alot of times we're running the rear arms all the way back and to get them back slightly more we'll run the 2deg block and 1 deg hubs.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

thanks
Old 12-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

I think there was something mentioned about the front arms of the SDW's being shorter, was that from front to back or side to side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.