Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
I 2nd that, none of you guys even know him; and so what he was a bit snappy, WE ALL HAVE OUR MOMENTS
What do you mean SO WHAT?!! I've never snapped nastily back at anyone on these boards, especially if a post is merely asking a question. Sure I've argued.

But as a team driver, you are effectively a representitve of that company. I don't know him and made that clear. But I do know that it's not cool to offend people on an Yok SD thread if you're a Yokomo team driver. Or a shop owner, distributor rep or whatever. It makes sense.

I agree we all have our moments though, and it's unpleasant to hurl insults at people without justification.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pops
Matt, I wasn't implying that you were gossiping, sorry! I also think Toso was a pretty good guy, he always gave me and Alex any help we needed.
Stop brown nosing - it's embarrasing

Sure Matt was gossiping - talking about a rumour or whatever you wanna call it - just like the rest of us. We all wanted to know stuff before it was official!!!! But just as Matt said, it happend to be true. That's gossip mate! So what. This is a place where we talk about ALL Yokomo stuff.

Some of the topics will inevitably hinge around team drivers - good times AND BAD.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:26 AM
tornado

Originally posted by KilRuf
Thanks! Filter is a Yokomo Part # YM-CF. Sold for 500¥ for 2 at Rainbow10. Air scoop is just part of an old body wing from either a Yokomo Stratus or PF 300M. Or could even be the old PF Dodge Stratus. I was gonna extend it out like I did last year. I'll see what I can do about pictures tomorrow.
Woof! Wots tha link to Rainbow10?

Old 06-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
Woof! Wots tha link to Rainbow10?
Do you use rainbow10?

I'm sure lonestar recommended them to me also!
Old 06-29-2004, 03:14 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Horatio
Do you use rainbow10?

I'm sure lonestar recommended them to me also!
someone recomended rainbow 10 and RC champ advisors to me. Managed to contact RC champ but no link to rainbow 10. RC champ is a bit slow in replying though gotta bear it with them . and I wanna to try Rainbow 10. So far I've been buying stuff from RC Mushroom and RC Mart. They deliver....and fast too.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Rainbow10
Old 06-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yup... R10 simply rocks... best service in the business... I just wish they had an online cart system... in the meantime you still need to use excel... but they're top-notch. They usually answer within 24 hours, and so far have never misled me.

later,
Paul
Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What do you mean SO WHAT?!! I've never snapped nastily back at anyone on these boards, especially if a post is merely asking a question. Sure I've argued.

But as a team driver, you are effectively a representitve of that company. I don't know him and made that clear. But I do know that it's not cool to offend people on an Yok SD thread if you're a Yokomo team driver. Or a shop owner, distributor rep or whatever. It makes sense.

I agree we all have our moments though, and it's unpleasant to hurl insults at people without justification.
Everyone has their opinions of what's expected of a factory driver but the one thing people over look is that these guys are human just like the rest of us. I've seen people on this board get nasty because their question wasn't answered with in 5min of them posting it. Factory guys don't need that kind of crap. Me buying a Yokomo doesn't mean the a factory driver needs to wait on me hand and foot. Just my $0.02
Old 06-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Here's my view of Rainbow 10 and RC Champ, COMPARE PRICES. There some things that R10 is a little more cheaper than RC Champ, and vice versa. Ask for the price quote, if you find it cheaper than somewhere else, get it there. Savings are hard to tell because the dollar to yen value changes every now and then. Just check around, you also might want to check out some Hong Kong sites , although selection and pricing is hot and cold.

As for the team driver situation, they come and go. Its up to the local drivers, to help each other out in these boards, and give each other support. That's my $0.02.

Later.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stop brown nosing - it's embarrasing

Sure Matt was gossiping - talking about a rumour or whatever you wanna call it - just like the rest of us. We all wanted to know stuff before it was official!!!! But just as Matt said, it happend to be true. That's gossip mate! So what. This is a place where we talk about ALL Yokomo stuff.

Some of the topics will inevitably hinge around team drivers - good times AND BAD.
First I'm not brown nosing, I've been racing with Matt for at least 3 years, both he and my son Alex, are sponsored by Yokomo. It's embarrasing for who? Embarrasing is going on and on and on about how the hubs and arms keep breaking over and over again...
Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

First I'm not brown nosing, I've been racing with Matt for at least 3 years, both he and my son Alex, are sponsored by Yokomo. It's embarrasing for who? Embarrasing is going on and on and on about how the hubs and arms keep breaking over and over again...
First of all - it looked like you were saying - 'don't gossip, except for you Matt 'cos you're exempt' and it smacked loudly of double standard to me. Just cos you know him and are the father of
sponsored quadruplets wouldn't change that in my mind.

Secondly - yep, it was embarrasing IMO. If you weren't embarrased, you should be next time!!

Thirdly - I admit I went on about the hubs and arms breaking, until I saw a POSITIVE change by Yokomo. NOT that it has any relavance to what we're talking about here. Whilst others were telling me to shut up, not to whine about it and claiming that the parts were fine, Yokomo went ahead and CHANGED ALL THE MOULDINGS!!! FOLLOWED BY THE MATERIAL USED!! FOLLOWED AGAIN BY THE NEW WIDE BUMPER!!

What parts do the CGM cars come with? Now go wipe that nose!

Hehehe, I love this thread!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First of all - it looked like you were saying - 'don't gossip, except for you Matt 'cos you're exempt' and it smacked loudly of double standard to me. Just cos you know him and are the father of
sponsored quadruplets wouldn't change that in my mind.

Secondly - yep, it was embarrasing IMO. If you weren't embarrased, you should be next time!!

Thirdly - I admit I went on about the hubs and arms breaking, until I saw a POSITIVE change by Yokomo. NOT that it has any relavance to what we're talking about here. Whilst others were telling me to shut up, not to whine about it and claiming that the parts were fine, Yokomo went ahead and CHANGED ALL THE MOULDINGS!!! FOLLOWED BY THE MATERIAL USED!! FOLLOWED AGAIN BY THE NEW WIDE BUMPER!!

What parts do the CGM cars come with? Now go wipe that nose!

Hehehe, I love this thread!
Again I mis-spoke, I was speaking about others who were putting down Toso, not Matt who was confirming his leaving Yokomo and Easton coming to Yokomo.

Am I embarassed? Not really, except for my construction of the sentence to Matt, I could have worded it much better. I surely won't loose any sleep over it.

Gee you must be real proud of yourself getting all those parts changed by yourself on this thread! Yeah people were telling you to shut up and stop whining, because those new parts were already here! Now go and wipe that nose of yours!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I'm not leaving Yokomo, just the states

I too heard the rumor that yokomo brought Easton on board and heard grumblings that Toso was leaving, I was going to wait until I could confirm all this in the morning before I spilled anything though.
Horatio- this was my reply to trigger who first posted the news that chris was gone. I was going to wait till the morning when I had 100% confirmation on what was going on but he beat me to it. Just trying to set the record straight that I did not start all this "gossip", I was trying to get all the info so people didn't start assuming stuff.

Horatio, Pops- Chill out guys, it's all good
Old 06-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, Matt. I know CGM is better on high traction surface, eg,indoor carpet. But is it also better on lower grip track like asphalt. I have the Rayspeed version now and it works great on outdoor tracks, Do you think CGM is even better, because you used the CGM at Reedy race. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Am I embarassed? Not really, except for my construction of the sentence to Matt, I could have worded it much better. I surely won't loose any sleep over it.

Gee you must be real proud of yourself getting all those parts changed by yourself on this thread! Yeah people were telling you to shut up and stop whining, because those new parts were already here! Now go and wipe that nose of yours!
OK, you mis-constructed your sentence to Matt. Whatever!

Yep, I got the parts changed all by myself!! My initial complaining was well before even the new, thicker H type c hub moulding came out. The example I finally got hold, weeks after you had it in the states, was full of air and the moulding was flawed. In fact I took pictures of it and it was totally different to other H types I subsequently purchased - no one on this thread could explain it.

Then you guys got the Graphite arms and C Hubs etc. Again, I complained that we didn't have them here (in the UK). When eventually the graphite arms (wishbones this side of the pond) arrived I praised how much better they were and commented/argued that the graphite parts were infact far more durable, which is not normally the case with graphite parts.

Then I complained that the Graphite C hubs still hadn't arrived here - they eventually got here May this year!!!

During that time I know of at least 3 ex team drivers (including an ex National champion driver) who dropped the car cos they couldn't be bothered waiting for the revisions and ended up driving for AE - purely because the Car wasn't durable enough using the parts we had available to us at the time. Note: available to us through CML - NOT what was necessarily available to you at the time through YOUR sponsors.

IMO - ALL my moaning was fully justified - including my whining about the CVD's which you seem to have forgotten about. I whinged 'like a bitch' about them too!!!

Again - none of this was relevant to what we were talking about, a point that you seemed to have ignored. But if/when others insist on bringing the subject up, I'll defend my corner no probs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.