Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by tornado
Has anyone tried the TC3 hollow graphite center shaft on the SD/CGM ? Does it fit ? In the process of reducing rotating mass on my CGM. Yokomos tend to be brittle for my liking.
I am almost positive that the AE center shaft is too long to fit. However, I remember seeing someone post a picture of a customized, shortened one he used on the SD.
--------------------------
I just got back from the ROAR regionals, at the same track as the Nationals this year (Rose City), and as far as setup goes, I would HIGHLY recommend using a spool on that track. I was struggling with my car's handling all weekend, I really wanted to get the one-way to work, but traction was too low (I think) and I eventually gave up on it and put in a spool. The car was much faster and easier to drive after dialing in more off-throttle steering

To build a spool, just use an old diff and CA glue sandpaper to the diff rings. The sandpaper must be cut in circles the same size as the rings, and have holes reamed in them to let the diff bolt through. Then just build the diff as normal, but w/o diff balls. Tighten it all the way, and back off a little to let the spool slip in case of an accident (maybe a half turn).

It might be easier to buy a steel spool, but this one saves weight and is less expensive (but more fragile )
Old 06-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Yokomo CGM " DawgMeat Factory edition " coming soon

Parts on order:

1. SQR1-6R Square Titanium Rear Input Shaft
2. SQR1-50AF Square Titanium Front Axle
3. SQR1-50AR Square Titanium Rear Axle
4. SQR1-55 Square 2.6 x 4 Titanium Screws for securing Outer Hinge Pins
5. TBC1-42460 Tobee Craft Alum. Kingpin Set
6. YKM2-SD414B Yokomo Titanium Screw and Bushing for Steering Bellcrank
7. SD-002MGL Yokomo Light Weight chassis
8. Main drive shaft being lighten by machinist

Coming out late June or early July:

1. SD-304SS Blue Aluminium Motor Mount
2. SD-008HG Heavy Duty Graphite Lower Suspension Arms

Parts already installed:

1. SD 300 FF0 Aluminum Front Suspension Mount
2. SD-300RR3 Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount
3. SD-TSS Titanium Screw Set
4. ZS-010RTB Low Friction Aluminum Dogbone Blue
5. TS-2101 Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers
6. TS-210 Aluminum Steering Blocks
7. TC42390 Super Spur gear holder
8. TC42370 Aluminum Front input Shaft
9. TC42440 light weight aluminum spring retainers
10. TC42380 Light Weight Aluminum servo mount
11. SD-118M Aluminum Battery Posts
12. Niftech precision diff balls

First my goal is to put my drive train on the Jenny Craig program
Second I want the car around 1470 grams, I’m going to do away with the battery brace and rear bumper
Old 06-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Hey dawgmeat, a little warning about the Tobee kingpins, they are flat heads . I have already ruined one set trying to tighten them down a little.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Where can i find parts for my sd ssg? and should i upgrade to the cgm or not? your guys thoughts? i'm running stock class. i broke my friggin chub tonight and no one @ track is runnin yok's they are tc3 and xray homo's. though i am glad i'm the only yok cause my car seemed to dial in alot faster than their's have. i need a lot of spare parts cause my local hobby shop is 2 hours way. so it ain't that local. haha.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by tc3Guru
Where can i find parts for my sd ssg? and should i upgrade to the cgm or not? your guys thoughts? i'm running stock class. i broke my friggin chub tonight and no one @ track is runnin yok's they are tc3 and xray homo's. though i am glad i'm the only yok cause my car seemed to dial in alot faster than their's have. i need a lot of spare parts cause my local hobby shop is 2 hours way. so it ain't that local. haha.
Contact Steve @ speedtechrc.com; TOONNSS of YOKOMO stuff. That's the place I got all of my graphite goodies. Steve has it all!!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the new blue motor mount from yokomo or some other company? Also is there a part number out yet for it?

Does speedtech sell these parts:

1. SQR1-6R Square Titanium Rear Input Shaft
2. SQR1-50AF Square Titanium Front Axle
3. SQR1-50AR Square Titanium Rear Axle
4. do they make front titanium input shaft?
Old 06-18-2004, 02:45 AM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Default Setup changes from one way to tight diff.

Planning to use a very tight diff up front and would like to know whats the setup for this compared to a standard CGM setup with oneway. Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default REEDY SET UPS

does anyone happen to have the set-up sheets of masami for the 2004 reedy? wanna see how he set-up his cgm. or if you guys have copies of his other set-up sheets for outdoor asphalt that would be great! thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

JMac,
IS that you are you still alive???lol Hey just to let you know Debbies is moving to a new store and there will be a new permanant onroad 150x75 and carpet 100x40. Hows the yoko??
got the spool from steve at speedtech. Works well.
keith
Old 06-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: REEDY SET UPS

Originally posted by ROBORAT
does anyone happen to have the set-up sheets of masami for the 2004 reedy? wanna see how he set-up his cgm. or if you guys have copies of his other set-up sheets for outdoor asphalt that would be great! thanks in advance.
www.yokomousa.com and www.rczone.net both have yokomo setups from masami on their site
Old 06-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Just toying with the idea but would this work....

Not wishing to bust open my stick packs to run them side by side in the CGM chassis I'm toying with the idea of milling out the battery slots and taping the stick pack to the battery brace thus allowing the stick pack to hang as low as side by side cells (saddle packs) would.

Ya think this would work? I certainly see no more of the battery being exposed surface area wise doing it this way.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone looking for a SSG SD? I'm selling my second car. Contact me.

[email protected]
Old 06-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: Just toying with the idea but would this work....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Not wishing to bust open my stick packs to run them side by side in the CGM chassis I'm toying with the idea of milling out the battery slots and taping the stick pack to the battery brace thus allowing the stick pack to hang as low as side by side cells (saddle packs) would.

Ya think this would work? I certainly see no more of the battery being exposed surface area wise doing it this way.
that'd work but you'd have 1- a messed up chassis 2- to own one battery brace per pack.

Why don't you just use the battery brace as intented? IF you're running stick packs, who cares about lower CG for increased performance anyway...

Later
Paul
Old 06-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Builds side by side packs is ten times easier than mills the chassis,
Old 06-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Just toying with the idea but would this work....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540

You won't be using stick packs if you are good enough to notice that your packs are sitting .5mm higher or lower in your chassis. So why bother?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.