Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sosidge
Horatio - what I've described is an H carrier. I could show you another carrier that does not have those mould lines in it, that came with the car originally, one of the first batch of cars into the UK.

It would seem there is a further update on the H carrier that hasn't necessitated a change in part number, if you have them that are thick in the other axis as well.
What you described maybe an H carrier - as we've already established, both 4134 and 4134H have the lines that you mention. Unfortunately, my original carriers I had with the kit are in the bin where they belong.

There may well be revisions of the H versions also and the original carriers may have been discontinued by now. Either way, you cannot rely on these lines to ascertain whether a carrier is a 4134 OR a 4134H - what you describe could actually be either!!

If it's 5mm thick - it's an H, if it's 3.5mm thick, it's not!! Forget the lines... - but this is assuming that they haven't revised the H version and are making it thinner again but with a stronger material....who knows? Just so long as they are stronger I'll be happy.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: CGM question

Originally posted by lem2
if i place an upper deck in the CGM will it help a little in not stripping the one way gears in a frontal impact?
No, but a bigger bumper will help. Make a larger bumper reinforcement for your car, or wait a little for the large bumper for the SD to come out.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sparx
I started building my SSG to CGM status today. When I had mounted the steering together i was going to put my servo in and realized there is no "small" servo holder in the CGM-Box, is it included in a parts tree in the SSG kit or what?
The "regular" servoholder is no probs because i already have two or three..
That part came with the orginal SD kit, and is located on the parts tree of part# SD-203.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: CGM question

Originally posted by pops
No, but a bigger bumper will help. Make a larger bumper reinforcement for your car, or wait a little for the large bumper for the SD to come out.
Thanks! Will just probably use the NTC3 RPM bumper!
Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Searched like a bat outa hell for the Servoholder and finally found it in the tree pops described
This is how long i've came now.. will move over the suspension and gearboxes from the SSG tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cgm-010.jpg  
Old 03-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Horatio
What you described maybe an H carrier - as we've already established, both 4134 and 4134H have the lines that you mention. Unfortunately, my original carriers I had with the kit are in the bin where they belong.

There may well be revisions of the H versions also and the original carriers may have been discontinued by now. Either way, you cannot rely on these lines to ascertain whether a carrier is a 4134 OR a 4134H - what you describe could actually be either!!

If it's 5mm thick - it's an H, if it's 3.5mm thick, it's not!! Forget the lines... - but this is assuming that they haven't revised the H version and are making it thinner again but with a stronger material....who knows? Just so long as they are stronger I'll be happy.
Why do you always have to be so argumentative?

You have in your possesion a pack that is labelled "H" and fits my description - yet you say this isn't an H!

I think Yokomo know what they are packaging. Certainly I'd have more faith in them than in you.

Perhaps there should be a special "Horatio" edition of the SD - one made of "toy" plastic, with specially mis-dimensioned parts, and parts labels that lie about what's inside!

In honour of your endless bitching about the SD.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

TAKE THAT!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Why do you always have to be so argumentative?

Perhaps there should be a special "Horatio" edition of the SD -

In honour of your endless bitching about the SD.
Now that I'd love to see

And instead of burying your head in the sand with an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude, why don't you see the pictures I have taken, clearly showing an actual H version which is 5 mm thick, next to parts that are packaged as H parts but are only actually 3.5mm thick? Are you saying that there are 2 versions of H spec? My last order of 4134 (note that this is a different part number - you were keen to point this out a while back) look EXACTLY the same as the H versions in the bag I pictured. What does this mean? From everything you have said (despite your low opinion of me, I actually listen to you;o) I conclude that there are indeed 2 versions of 4134H - ACTUAL H versions, and standard revised items (different to the original parts, but thinner than H) put into 4134H labelled bags. Given the choice, I'd rather have the thicker ones as both types appear to made out of exactly the same material with very little fibre, if any at all.

My 'bitching' is very specific and justified regarding certain areas of the SD, areas that needed sorting out. Evidently, Yokomo thought so too and brought out revised parts fairly rapidly, whilst others were keen to say I was talking shite.

Bitching about me bitching aint going to make you right either, nor is dodging the issue. You can trust Yokomo as much as you like, but that doesn't meaning I'm sh#tting you. It doesn't solve why there are 2 different parts coming out of the same bag. NOR does it mean that looking at the moulding lines is reliable, as you say, seeing as all the CURRENT parts have them
Old 03-08-2004, 10:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sparx
Searched like a bat outa hell for the Servoholder and finally found it in the tree pops described
This is how long i've came now.. will move over the suspension and gearboxes from the SSG tomorrow
Wow, I was never able to find that thing, I just ended up cutting the top off of the regular servo mount...
Old 03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fike
TAKE THAT!!!
Take what?

I don't recall you having anything constructive to say on the subject at all.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Man, this sure got to be a war thread in a hurry.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

I would say YES, there are two versions of the H.

We have now identified three different styles of carrier. I've had the original, with no reinforcements (first UK kits), and an H, with reinforcements around the driveshaft hole.

You seem to have had another H, which is thicker all-round.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

I would say YES, there are two versions of the H.

We have now identified three different styles of carrier. I've had the original, with no reinforcements (first UK kits), and an H, with reinforcements around the driveshaft hole.

You seem to have had another H, which is thicker all-round.
Agreed.

War over and not a single flame!

See guys - even me and Sosidge can agree on things eventually! Well, sort of

BTW - am I really argumentative? I thought I was just a little stubborn

Regards

Horatio
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Horatio
Agreed.

War over and not a single flame!

See guys - even me and Sosidge can agree on things eventually! Well, sort of

BTW - am I really argumentative? I thought I was just a little stubborn

Regards

Horatio
hey I don't know what the problem is but months ago yok came out with the graffite front hub and it is a lot beefier.. later
Old 03-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
hey I don't know what the problem is but months ago yok came out with the graffite front hub and it is a lot beefier.. later
Yeah, I know - I'm still wanting to try them but as yet they are not available in the UK or Europe.

When I next need to make a decent size order, I'll import some to try. Until then, I have to make do with the variants - all 3 of them - OR mod my car some more to fit alloy mr4 items using rose joints, as Johnbull described.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.