Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

lee82gx, you get PM
Old 03-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone put carbide balls in their yoke Difs? Mine are screwed up after one race day. Could be blown thrust bearings but haven't had a chance to take the difs apart....front/back got all notchy when you turn it. Maybe they weren't adjusted correctly. Need to find out the cause of the problem. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

use carbide ball in diffs for 9 months,never had any problem. Only change the diff rings and thrust bearings once, the main balls are still good.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by IH
Do the SD-SGG and the CGM have the same body mount positions
or do you have to drill new body holes?

Thanks,
IH
Yes, they have the same positions.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by NightKidZ

Light weight CGM main chassis, to be availiable in Japan mid March 7200 yen
I knew that was coming
Old 03-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Randman, thanks for the help last night. I was the one who not only did not know what to gear for am Epic stock, but managed to forget my 2.5 mm wrench to change motors. Any way after half of the first heat I pulled it off. I guess it is going to take more than 5 packs through the car to get back to racing in traffic. I have not raced in about twelve years, and that was off road. I am going to try to get a bunch of packs through on Saturday and try tofind some on power steering, as well as learn to keep it off the boards!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I didn't know who you were, you should have introduced yourself. That wasn't even my pit last night, I was just helping a friend get a setup on his SD, I took the night off from racing myself though. I should be up there again next Tuesday, hopefully the pro mod class will get another good turnout like last night...
Old 03-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I didn't know who you were, you should have introduced yourself. That wasn't even my pit last night, I was just helping a friend get a setup on his SD, I took the night off from racing myself though. I should be up there again next Tuesday, hopefully the pro mod class will get another good turnout like last night...
thanks for pitting for me last night!

randman is a great pitman! might have to hire him!

car has lots of potential. you think you can help me out and mill a chassis when that new lightweight chassis comes out? ill have something to show you too for frank's website at the end of the week. i need a new cord for my laptop.

btw.. please hook me up with a set up sheet on how you set up the car last night. that way i have a foundation to work with.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Hebiki
thanks for pitting for me last night!

randman is a great pitman! might have to hire him!

car has lots of potential. you think you can help me out and mill a chassis when that new lightweight chassis comes out? ill have something to show you too for frank's website at the end of the week. i need a new cord for my laptop.

btw.. please hook me up with a set up sheet on how you set up the car last night. that way i have a foundation to work with.
No prob Chris, I enjoyed working on the car honestly...

We can always mill a chassis, but I have a feeling that by the time the new chassis is avalible stateside, you might be wanting a new chassis to replace the old one anyway.

I'll write out a setup sheet for you, nothin too spectacular though. 1.5 camber all around, 40wt oil in rear, 50wt in front. Everything else you can pretty much eyeball.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Horatio
Lonestar:

One other thing - if that over-seas mail order company you deal with is so good, why not just post the details on the thread so that it benefits everybody?
[/QUOTE

just not to PO the advertisers who pay to keep this website alive. the shop I'm thinking of doesn't advertise here, that's all... I'm just a happy customer.

What did you think? That I was running a shop or what?

Later
Paul
Old 03-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
Yea, I meant to. It was just alittle more frantic than I wanted it to be when I got there, and after the first run I just did not feel like hanging out. I hope the promod turnout stays up as well. Watching those guys is why I bought a touring car this time around.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by tcmerf
Yea, I meant to. It was just alittle more frantic than I wanted it to be when I got there, and after the first run I just did not feel like hanging out. I hope the promod turnout stays up as well. Watching those guys is why I bought a touring car this time around.
The pro mod class has been really empty lately, I've been running stock or 19t, but I really need to get more practice in with mod, Reedy is coming up in May, and if I'm lucky enough to make it in (with the lottery this year) I'm gonna run mod.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Randman, did I see on another thread you got rid of the Yok?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lonestar
Originally posted by Horatio
Lonestar:

One other thing - if that over-seas mail order company you deal with is so good, why not just post the details on the thread so that it benefits everybody?
[/QUOTE

just not to PO the advertisers who pay to keep this website alive. the shop I'm thinking of doesn't advertise here, that's all... I'm just a happy customer.

What did you think? That I was running a shop or what?

Later
Paul
Ok, that's a fair point. But no-one else seems to worry about it. I know I've posted links for UK based companies when people asked where I got stuff from, just for information rather than promotional purposes.

What made you think that I thought you were running a shop?

Anyway, thanks for the info Sounds like a handy place to know from what you said

Regards

Horatio
Old 03-03-2004, 11:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by tcmerf
Randman, did I see on another thread you got rid of the Yok?
Yeah, I had a glitch that I couldn't figure out ever since I got the CGM. I sold all of my electronics, radio, car, everything, and I'm starting again with all new stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.