Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
Look at the Losi sedan, that thing is a tank, and yet it's one of the best cars out there for competition.
Yep! There's a particular losi driver at our club and he often wins - his car is a tank alright - a tank with lots of weight saving holes cut out of it

Besides, weight's great for 'nerfing' other cars out of your way!!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Horatio
It would be nice to know how it happened (like did you hit anything?)
Well... I did hit a parked car (being lapped) at the end of the straight but the impact wasn't that spactacular for one to think that something like this will break... but alas, it did... Even with spares, my car was done anyway... it was the last race... TQ went down the drain... oh well... no regrets though! Now my yok is equipped with the suzuki ones...
Old 02-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eeyan
Well... I did hit a parked car (being lapped) at the end of the straight but the impact wasn't that spactacular for one to think that something like this will break... but alas, it did... Even with spares, my car was done anyway... it was the last race... TQ went down the drain... oh well... no regrets though! Now my yok is equipped with the suzuki ones...
Yeah, that will tend to break a Yok SD !! I got Suzuki rear hub carriers and fastrax MR4 front steering arms - massive improvement.

Those Suzuki drive hubs are now next on my wish list.....

Don't you just love it when you 'have to' buy goodies for your car
Old 02-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randman, weight does play a critical role when racing in stock. My blue car weighs a lot more than my standard lightweight stuff and it shows on track. With a mod, it's a different story.

When you get to the track today, ask Mas or Slim if you could use their scale to weigh your car. Last year, my Evo3 was 1289g, eat your heart out haha
Old 02-10-2004, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Randman, weight does play a critical role when racing in stock. My blue car weighs a lot more than my standard lightweight stuff and it shows on track. With a mod, it's a different story.

When you get to the track today, ask Mas or Slim if you could use their scale to weigh your car. Last year, my Evo3 was 1289g, eat your heart out haha
I didn't even know they had a scale there... I dont think my car will hit 1289 grams, but I might have to buy another chassis just to mill the hell out of to get to 1288

Will you be at the track today?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

I can be at the track but I won't be able to race. From now until this project I'm on is complete, Tuesday racing will be a hit or miss thing with me When you weigh your chassis make sure you have everything race ready, including body clips haha. Let us know how you faired and be careful with the new car. Mod motors can "unassemble" your car very nicely. The front end of mine was "unassembled" after a launch from Tamiya's famous dogleg "kink" this past weekend with an 8dub.

Have fun with your TC4 guys.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Have fun with your TC4 guys.

Your treading on thin ice with that statement - wait for those flames!!
Old 02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

The Losi graphite xxxs is much lighter then the yok tub chassis car
Old 02-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Horatio

Your treading on thin ice with that statement - wait for those flames!!
*rubbing on suntan oil* ahh some heat would be nice, it's kinda nippy here in Cali right now.

I was only kidding about the TC4. The CGM chassis sure is pretty though.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mugenracer
The Losi graphite xxxs is much lighter then the yok tub chassis car
You sure about that?

The marshals at our club needed a crane to put the losi brigade back on the track!

Seriously though, it would be interesting to compare weights - even though Randman doesn't care
Old 02-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

*rubbing on suntan oil* ahh some heat would be nice, it's kinda nippy here in Cali right now.

I was only kidding about the TC4. The CGM chassis sure is pretty though.
Hahahaha - you sure get heat real easy on these forums, I've had my fair share!

Regards the weather, you should try Wales one day - we only ever get 'liquid sunshine'.

The CGM is nice, but I'm still busy with my SSG. Besides, I really like the silver graphite - it helps ward off evil spirits
Old 02-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, you guys must not race where they tech the cars for weight. Last time I looked minimum weight for TC2 is 1525 grams. If your cars are weighing at a 1290 grams that mean that you would have to add 235 grams to your car to get to min. weight. That almost a half a pound!!

Lets see that is about 7.5 ounces or about 30 of those little 1/4 ounce weights. Thats alot of stuff to stick to your car. Or to equaite that to R/C racers terms that's like putting a a double quarter pounder in you car.

Have any of you guys run the new CGM on carpet with foam tires yet? What kind of setup changes have you noticed going from the SSG or black to the CGM. I am picking up my conversion kit this week. We still have a couple more months of indoor before the outdoor season starts here.

Later, Lee

P.S. They don't tech for weight here either for club racing. So I have not had to add that Double Quarter pounder.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:16 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lees, I only got to run a couple pack with Mod foam on Saturday but here is the setup I ran. I was pretty good. It's basically the same setup I ran with the rayspeed car, but it handled much better.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-mo-cgm-foam-2-7-04.jpg  
Old 02-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Is anyone racing the CGM on carpet with rubber tires? i`m concidering changing my X Ray to the CGM, i really like shaft drive, and a closed drive train (less wrenching between the runs ) How stiff is the plastic chassi setup compared to the SSG car?

I have never raced yokomo cars before, how is the quality? is the ars durable?
Old 02-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Mo, I noticed that your are using Yok shock oils. Can you tell me what the equivilent Losi oil is. I have heard all kinds theories, from just drop the zero, to drop the zero and add 5 to just the opposite. If you could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Have you noticed any thing with the tweak like the TC3? ie. different droop left to right. Or haveing to remove the motor after a race to keep the chassis from moving from the heat?

Thanks, Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.