Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default ZS-118SP Aluminum Battery Plate

quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

CHAINI.

The answer is yes. The Yoke SP alloy battery holder down will fit straight onto the SD if you use the Special plate hardware (posts) too.

I have it on mine. Check out the pics in the galery on Yokomo USA site. You'll probably have to go back a couple of pages because I posted them some time ago.

Joe from sunny Malta.

Originally posted by chaini

Thanks Joe for the answer.

The posts of the SP are :ZS-118MSP.
So I wonder, if it also would work with the alloy posts from the SD: SD-118M ???

What's the difference?

Or are the posts included with the battery plate set ZS-118SP???

P L E A S E H E L P!

Cheers!
Can anyone help me on this? Need urgent answer!

1. Are the battery Mount Post included?
2. Will it also work with the SD-118M Battery Mount Post?
3. Or do I need to buy the ZS-118MSP Battery Mount Post?

Cheers,
Chaini

Last edited by chaini; 07-01-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think the posts come with the plate, but check the description on Yokomo's website for that part #.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THeGame, if you have Chris T's setup... shoot it to me! As for the 75 band thing.. huh?? hehe...

Mo... I dunno about the spinning thingy... does your steering bind turning left to right? I find that I have to loosen and retighten my (rear) front arm mounts because they sometimes move back a tad and binds up my steering. Have you also changed out the rear diff?

Jimmy Mac
Old 07-01-2003, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You guys might want to check out this site http://catalog.rcmodel.com.hk/
Has a lot of Square, Suzuki, Tobee Craft and Yokomo parts that are hard to find stateside. And unlike RanibowTen, you get a pic of what you are buying.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Randman is right about that store having a lot of option parts...

But a friendly word of caution... I've had a really bad experience with that store:

On 9 Jun 03, I ordered 2 x alu dogbones for the SD (Product D was the brand... identical to Tobee's) and 1 pack of rayspeed o-rings. I chose EMS shipping cos I wanted the parts fast.

I received no confirmation in that my order went through, except for the fact that money was withdrawn from my account. So I sent e-mails and wrote in their forum on RCtech. All very very politely, of course.

I got this:
rcmodel.com.hk Online R/C Model Shop
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: RC-100693
Detailed Invoice: http://catalog.rcmodel.com.hk/accoun...p?order_id=703
Date Ordered: Monday 09 June, 2003

The comments for your order are

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
-----------------------------------------------------

I e-mailed to ask what was going on... and no reply.... until this:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 8:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order RC-100693
Importance: High

Hi,

The O ring is out of stock. Would you mind to change to other brand?

Terence Lam

Online R/C Model Shop
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk

I changed my order to masking tape instead of o-rings... waited patiently... until I decided to send another e-mail:

Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 10:24 AM
To: 'Online R/C Model Shop'
Subject: RE: Order RC-100693

Could you let me know what the status of my order is?

I'm frankly quite disappointed with my experience with RCModel... I ordered the parts 10 days ago and I still do not have it. It took you six days to tell me that the o-rings I ordered were not in stock. I've switched it to Tamiya masking tape... but since then, I've received no acknowledgement of my e-mail or any update of the status of my order.

I know your stock list cannot be updated "live" on the website... but I really hope you will take the time to inform your customers of the status of their orders. Also, I find myself wondering why I paid extra for EMS shipping...

I hope you will take my feedback in the best possible manner. Thank you.

Regards,

junwei

Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 2:31 AM
To: Junwei
Importance: High

Hi,

Yor have order those hot items and they are always running out within half an hour. The new batch of stock are arrived this afternoon and your order will ship tomorrow morning using Fedex or EMS

Terence Lam

----- Original Message -----
To: "'Online R/C Model Shop'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:08 AM

Thanks! I received the order today!

I have a suggestion: do you think it's possible to include a phone
number with which customers can call to check the availability of items?

Good luck!

junwei
---------------------------------------------------

And this was his reply:

Hi,

I think you didn't read the FAQ before asking this question!

Regards,

Terence Lam
Online R/C Model Shop
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk
Old 07-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Apologies if my rant is out of place, but talk about bad customer service...

seems like a total opposite from Speedtech's Steve!

And by the way, I've had a much better experience with Rainbow Ten. Their stock list is also not fully updated. but you place your order and they'll let you know within 24 hours if something's out of stock.

junwei
Old 07-01-2003, 08:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I hadn't placed an order with them, just thought the site looked more professional than RainbowTen's. Of coarse Steve is the man when it comes to customer service, it's just hard to get parts for these imported cars stateside.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Randman,

Wasn't trying to diss your suggestion or anything... I agree, their site looks much more pro than R10's. My advice is: check out their pics... and then order from R10!

Old 07-01-2003, 08:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No prob man, I'm glad to have some feedback on them before a bunch more people went through it, including myself.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by mo
I currently have a problem that I cannot figure out. The car has been acting like it has a severe tweak but I cannot find it. Even with the car seemingly tweaked out perfectly, on the track it has a tendancy to spin out, off power, to the left. Nothing is binding, all shock lengths and droop are set well and it has done it with 3 completly different setups with different springs oil and pistons. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I guess maybe I'm going to have to take is completly apart and start from scratch to see if there's something wrong I can't see. hmmm
Mo, whenever you have a problem that seems to be in one direction or the other (in this case turning to the left) start moving parts left to right or front to back (if that be the case). If you swap your shocks left to right and the problem follows the shocks, then it's in the shocks. If it stays on the left, then you need to keep swapping parts until you find it. This is the easiest, most economical way to diagnose a drivability problem when your name isn't Tosolini and you don't have 3 boxes full of parts and two extra cars to race...
Old 07-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi, i am having the very same problem, my car would spin out on/off power when ever i make a left turn, i have done everything to make sure nothing is binding or bend but the problem still exist...i found out that this car is left-sided heavy so i am thinking about maybe adding weight blocks will do the trick ?! we ll see..
Originally posted by mo
No problem, hopefully that will help a bunch.

I currently have a problem that I cannot figure out. The car has been acting like it has a severe tweak but I cannot find it. Even with the car seemingly tweaked out perfectly, on the track it has a tendancy to spin out, off power, to the left. Nothing is binding, all shock lengths and droop are set well and it has done it with 3 completly different setups with different springs oil and pistons. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I guess maybe I'm going to have to take is completly apart and start from scratch to see if there's something wrong I can't see. hmmm
Old 07-02-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

TWEEK.

I'm sure you have done all the obvious bits MO, but here's one I only discovered yesterday.

After altering a number of settings to try and get the car to work with the solid front axle I put my set up wheels (rectangles actually - but you know what i mean) on and did the camber etc.

Unlike the TC3 I was glad to see that the rear toe measured exactly 2 deg. both left and right. I have yet to find a TC3 that does, without fiddling.

Getting to the front I centred up the steering, setting the car to 1/2 deg toe out each side with transmitter on, and trim set at zero, and of course steering cranks both facing forward and parallel.

Then just by coincidence I decided to check the amount of steering left and right. Checked the transmitter steering balance first to see that both were equal. Turn full left find say 40 deg. Turn full right and find only 30 deg. And that's with the servo horn absolutely vertical when steering is at ZERO.

Now thinking back I have always noticed that the car always turns better on left hand turns even when balanced perfectly on the tweek station. That explains it. But it doesn't explain why it should turn differently when the transmitter is set to 75 left and 75 right, and the steering centres perfectly.

Can anybody make any suggestions.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Mo, when my car was doing stupid stuff going one way and not the other I found it to be a problem with the differentials. Mine would be set ok when working on the bench but after a lap or two my car would go stupid because it would tighten up. Just tossing out ideas.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

TheGame did you guys get the computer scoring fixed? Don't want to come down if it is not working right.

Thanks
Brian
Old 07-02-2003, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Joe- I had the same problem with my steering. Luckily I figured it out before the car was run, but I had to turn 1 servo back to about 60%, and the other is at 85%. I wonder if it is because of the mod we did, somehow makes the throw different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.