Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
What days are you guys racing? We are interested in coming up for sure!

May have to get some setup stuff from you for up there. My car was good but needed just a little more turn in speed...going to try the rear shock tower conversion.

Jeff
Jeff,

Still working on a setup, using foams (40 shore all the way around) running a 10X2. I can't get enough turn in with the stock setup. Still trying to get some Yok springs so I can tune a little better....

Fastlane is running Sun. starting @ 11. We were finished around 4.

Track is super cool...Did you see the ad in Xtreme for the big nitro race?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DoCoMo
MRTC-SD1 is original Japanese version with front One-Way, SD-2 is a export(U.S.) version with NO One-Way, SD-3 is a Black version in Japan. My guess would be a SD-4 with Black Version with No one-way??
D.
Hmmm... well it says SD1 on my double diff car box, and it's listed as SD1 by both Yokomo USA and CML Distribution (UK).

I had a bit of a glitch problem once on the bench, but not on the track, caused by new brushes I think.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Will do Mo, was wondering what elctrics layout everyone was using. Had my reciever on top of my servo.

Also made one other mistake with the car...put MIP CVDs on the rear and still used the stock wheel nuts...lost 3 of them during the day...got home and saw that MIP was nice enough to include lower profile nuts that allow the shacf of the axle to even stick out a bit...problem solved!

Jeff
Old 06-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default New SD Parts

sosidge,
Or may be SD-1 is a double diff, SD-2 is with One-Way. I wasn't sure which one is which.

Jeff,
I had a problem with glitching but it was mostly a 19T turn motor that we've used for a local club race. I have my recever on top of my servo and no problems.

Just checked a Japanese web site and looks like Team Suzuki is coming out with some aluminum parts for SD, also Square will release a titanium dog bones in June. I am sure we will hear more about this in coming week or so.

D.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What is the Suzuki site? They made a lot of nice parts for the MR-4TC, I was hoping they would release stuff for our car soon.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner

My only issue was a glitch problem at times. I am running the novak xxtra with my m8...thinking about putting back in my blue airtronics. Anyone else have any radio problems with the new SD?

Jeff

This seems to be a normal things with this radio. I beleive there are at least 2 guys here that have the M8/NOVAK combo and are for ever fighting glitch problems... One runs a X-ray... I dont know that its a car problem. More of a novak problem

My beef is why the hell Airtronics and Futaba dont jsut make there own receiver and module. The airplane guys have had these units for years why do the car guys have to pay the higher prices and get less in return?

Last edited by Joel Lagace; 06-02-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tobee and Square stuff

Hi guys,
I just got my shipment of Tobee craft and Square stuff and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The Tobee aluminum drive shaft comes TWO per pack for only about 7 bucks. I ordered 5 packs thinking that they only come one per pack. Now I can do front and rear with lotsa spares. That is pretty cheap if you ask me. I also got the lightened alu main drive shaft. I haven't weighed it yet to find out the difference between it and the stock one. I also got the front and rear alu input shafts. It costs about $8.50. It feels light, but I will confirm when I pull out the stock ones. Next is the Ti axle from Square, it is about $26. I got the fronts since I already broke two of the stock one. The boards keep getting in my way. Again, the finish is top notch as expected from Square. Durability test will have to wait until this weekend. Well, that's it for goodies right now. I will post pix later.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Finnally bit the bullet and ordered a SD... Thanks Steve for the good phone service.

Now ill be running home from work like a kid at lunch goin home to watch the Flinstones!!

I noticed that this car comes with a stubby front bumper. Looks all pro and stuff but ill always run a full width bumper no matter what car. Xray sold a full width, TC3 used a buds or RPM... What are u guys doing about the bumper? OR do you just changes the broken parts when needed? Im sure RPM wont make one anytime soon so i guess ill get a sheet if kydex for now.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
Finnally bit the bullet and ordered a SD... Thanks Steve for the good phone service.

Now ill be running home from work like a kid at lunch goin home to watch the Flinstones!!

I noticed that this car comes with a stubby front bumper. Looks all pro and stuff but ill always run a full width bumper no matter what car. Xray sold a full width, TC3 used a buds or RPM... What are u guys doing about the bumper? OR do you just changes the broken parts when needed? Im sure RPM wont make one anytime soon so i guess ill get a sheet if kydex for now.
it's not really a stubby bumper... it's about 3/4 width of the foam bumper...have not have any problems with it....even with a head on collision when the wall came out of nowhere..
Old 06-02-2003, 01:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Kenshin, had a question about the Tobee Craft driveshafts, check your PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front body posts get in the way.

I have the front body posts mounted on the inner holes per the instructions and find that access to the upper shock mounting screws is limited. I see that Masami has moved his posts to the outer position and used the bumper hold down from the 'SSG Special'. After I tear up my current body, I think I will try this mod.

Also have you noticed that Masami removed the small graphite center brace under the drive shaft. Anybody try this mod, yet?

-H
Old 06-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Front body posts get in the way.

Originally posted by Headbanger
Also have you noticed that Masami removed the small graphite center brace under the drive shaft. Anybody try this mod, yet?

-H

removing the lower center brace makes the chassis flex a little more...may increase traction on some tracks...
Old 06-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THeGame... Craig X won Mod and I think Mark U. But the fast guys weren't there racing Mod today. Including myself. hahaaha But it looked like he needed to work alittle on the uhh chicane area alittle. But Craigs car was fast.

Mark also raced Stock. He qualified 3rd behind myself and my friend who TQ'd. Actually Mark TQ'd first round. I TQ'd second round. And my friend Jairo TQ'd third round. For the first 2 laps of the main I swapped leads with Jairo until he got too much pressure from me.. hehe... He hit a corner dot and ended up 6th. And I took the lead til the end. Mark finished 2nd and Jairo worked back up to 3rd. It was a good race.

Well here is a pic of my Racing SD... (not the Brushless). hehe
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-jmacsd1.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

SEtups:

Could you guys post your CARPET setups for me?

The classes i run now with TC3 are:
-STOCK WITH RUBBER TIRES on ozite
-19T with foam tires on ozite

I would like your suggestions with the YOK SD.

What springs do you guys use? I plan to use my associated sets. Does yokomo rate there spring rates the same as AE?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Front body posts get in the way.

Originally posted by Headbanger
I have the front body posts mounted on the inner holes per the instructions and find that access to the upper shock mounting screws is limited. I see that Masami has moved his posts to the outer position and used the bumper hold down from the 'SSG Special'. After I tear up my current body, I think I will try this mod.

-H
I am wondering which kit comes with that bumper hold down? You said the SSG Special, but that's the car I have. I use the outer mounting holes to try and get a little more body side support, but would like a brace like that.

Also, most setups call for the longer lower shock mounts on the front shocks, but when I have those on the ride height is too high, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if that's just the way they are. I have the short mounts now not threaded on all the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.