Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by wouldbe couldbe; 09-21-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: wrong thead
Old 09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look guys to be honest i think you should really run the car standard on ashphalt, that is how i run the car you can check my setup on the www.teamcorally.com.au website under Simon Nicholson, that is how i run my car at the pre worlds just past and is how i will be deffinatly running the car at the world titles in thailand. With this setup the car is unstoppable in Australia and was deffinatly up there with times of the top guys at the pre worlds.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I imagine the longer chassis and thick shock oil are the ticket on bigger tracks running a 3.5

On the smaller tracks here in Hawaii, the super-short wheelbase is the hot ticket for 17.5 rubber.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
I imagine the longer chassis and thick shock oil are the ticket on bigger tracks running a 3.5

On the smaller tracks here in Hawaii, the super-short wheelbase is the hot ticket for 17.5 rubber.
To be honest i do not change my setup much from track to track and this includes tracks smaller then 1 tennis court with about 6 second lap times, all the same.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Rookie

hello all,
just bought a PHI with some spares and upgrades. the spares I bought are the next: 4 front wishbones (30), 4 rear wishbones (30), all kinds of shims/spacers, some belts, 36T pulleys, delrin spool (36T), springsets, 2x all plastic parts, 2008 diff, front and rear anti-rollbar sets, all anti-rollbar wires, steel driveshafts, titanium screwset, and the middle setting bearing holders.

I'm driving stock rubber on asphalt and carpet.
*are there any other spares or upgrades you recomment?
*I heard some issues about the shock bladders, is there a simple replacement on the market?
*can I run atleast 4-5mm ridehight with the standard shockbodies?
*are the alloy front knuckels really needed or will de standard plastic do good enough?
*any tips for building the car are welcome...

thanks, Danny
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Looks like you got a good amount of spares right there.

I would suggest run the car as it is with out too many "upgrades" they really aren't NEEDED.

There are some ppl that don't care for the stk. bladders.. BUT Specialized has new bladders out. SRC79225 Med. bladder and SCR79226 Hard bladders

I have used the Tamiya ones in the past if you can get those.

You can get 4-5mm RH but I would suggest getting the Associated spring cups. They allow you more adjustment.

The alum. knuckles are nice, are they needed, Depends on how much you hit. LOL Just if you decide to get tehm get teh ones with the BUSHING and NOT the Bearings.

As for tips there is a page on the Corally website that has some tips on building your shocks.
http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/shocks.htm

Take your time is the biggest tip. THe kit goes together very easy. But if you don't pay attention yo will find your self doeing some things twice.LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

due the Tamiya and Specialized bladders fit witout any modifications?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I know the src ones fit with no mods
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Yes both fit w/o any mods.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

To this date, I run the stock bladders without issue. However, I do run Tamiya 3-hole pistons in my Phi shocks. This applies to asphalt and carpet cars.

Never had a good outdoor Phi setup for asphalt using the long wheelbase. My asphalt car is as short as possible (in the wheelbase) without modifying parts. Also has the 'narrow' aluminum steering knuckles.

And with brushless motors, 36T pulleys are the ticket too.

Have seen a video of Simon Nicholson on a really fast outdoor track with a super fast car. His skills exceed mine by a fair amount... I usually run 13.5; so, my setup preferences certainly do not cover his situation.

Last edited by Still Bill; 09-29-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried the short wheel base on carpet with rubber tires ?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by koney
hello all,
just bought a PHI with some spares and upgrades. the spares I bought are the next: 4 front wishbones (30), 4 rear wishbones (30), all kinds of shims/spacers, some belts, 36T pulleys, delrin spool (36T), springsets, 2x all plastic parts, 2008 diff, front and rear anti-rollbar sets, all anti-rollbar wires, steel driveshafts, titanium screwset, and the middle setting bearing holders.

I'm driving stock rubber on asphalt and carpet.
*are there any other spares or upgrades you recomment?
*I heard some issues about the shock bladders, is there a simple replacement on the market?
*can I run atleast 4-5mm ridehight with the standard shockbodies?
*are the alloy front knuckels really needed or will de standard plastic do good enough?
*any tips for building the car are welcome...

thanks, Danny
Pretty good selection of parts. Get the Specialized front add-on bumper setup (2 pieces). I really like the alloy front steering knuckles. Don't need spares for these puppies. Corally also makes an alloy low spring perch for your shocks.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
Has anyone tried the short wheel base on carpet with rubber tires ?
I have only had one setup on my Phi since I got it, except for maybe 5wt of shock oil, it's identical to Josh H's carpet setup....My long wheel base feels dialed, super easy to drive, consistent and confident. I like the long so much that I have no desire to mess with it.

However, I've been on asphalt all of 2 times so, I was unaware that a short wheelbase is the ticket for that application...I ran it long last time I was outdoors and put down very competitive times.

But I'm glad I know that there's a good tuning aid in the wheelbases for the type of track you're on, I'll play with it next time I'm outside.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

so the short wheelbase for outdoor and long wb for carpet?
I'll try the standard bladders first and will see how they are...
what toe-in/out at the front are you guys racing with?

thanks, Danny
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've run tamiya bladders and they were fine, A little stiff, but fit great. Now I'm using specialized mediums and they seem to fit/seat much better...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.