Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
I have seen 1 guy do this.........I don't think it is necessary.

If your running a spool your just asking for trouble with bone chatter.
I would suggest spending your time finding a setup that doesn't require a lot of wheel angle to get around the track.

Too much wheel angle will give you a car that is hard to drive, kills the front tires and is off the pace.

If possible post your setup, track conditions, tires and the problem your having and i'll make sure we get your problem figured out.
Thanks, Josh...someone else has sent me his setup to try. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to test it out this past Saturday, but I WILL be able to test this coming weekend. I'll let you know how it goes next monday.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK guys back from thailand pre world championships now. What a wild time i had hehe. Ok firstly the car was superb, got there on the first couple of days made a few modifications and was as quick as masami and the other top guys. Then on the last day of practice they decided to spray the track throwing all our setups out of the window, eventually we got the car going very good again by the last qualifier plus having some difficulties in the qualifiers. Starting from 8th on the B MAIN grid each final was difficult as i had to get passed some of the worlds best drivers which the corally was well capable of, i ended up coming 2nd in the first final, 4th in the second and 2nd again in the last final. The car was absolutely superb in the finals and i have great confidence for it at the World Championships. Finishing 13th overall and tied for 12th with Shin Adachi i am very pleased.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
OK guys back from thailand pre world championships now. What a wild time i had hehe. Ok firstly the car was superb, got there on the first couple of days made a few modifications and was as quick as masami and the other top guys. Then on the last day of practice they decided to spray the track throwing all our setups out of the window, eventually we got the car going very good again by the last qualifier plus having some difficulties in the qualifiers. Starting from 8th on the B MAIN grid each final was difficult as i had to get passed some of the worlds best drivers which the corally was well capable of, i ended up coming 2nd in the first final, 4th in the second and 2nd again in the last final. The car was absolutely superb in the finals and i have great confidence for it at the World Championships. Finishing 13th overall and tied for 12th with Shin Adachi i am very pleased.
Simon,

Can you please share your various setups and describe their purpose per the changing conditions?

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 05-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That sounds great. It's would be very helpful if you could share some of the setups used. Thanks!

-Korey
Old 05-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Here you go guys, i hope this helps yas out a little bit.

http://www.arkinnovations.com/images/SimonPHI.xls
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Very nice setup sheet Simon. I've been looking for a editable setup sheet for the phi for a while and this one looks perfect. What kind of changes did you make to deal with the higher grip?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

What do I need to do to get the link above to work? I just get a blank screen..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
What do I need to do to get the link above to work? I just get a blank screen..
The setup sheet is done in Microsoft Excel; so, you need that software on your computer to read.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Very nice setup sheet Simon. I've been looking for a editable setup sheet for the phi for a while and this one looks perfect. What kind of changes did you make to deal with the higher grip?
I went harder oil, layed the shock over a hole, went harder springs and lowered the ride height.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
I went harder oil, layed the shock over a hole, went harder springs and lowered the ride height.
So then the setup you posted is for after the grip came up?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
So then the setup you posted is for after the grip came up?
Yes it is.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Has anyone exparimented with running the steering links on the outer (closest to wheel) hole in the steering knuckle? I tried it last weekend and it made the outer wheel turn a lot further, which gave the car a lot more low speed steering. It lost some high speed steering though...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

james... I have played with it on carpet and did not like it at all.. The car was more twitchy and felt like it lost too much high speed steering.

Hope this helps..

Mike
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bill, totally grabed that setup sheet. thanks!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

simon thanks for the posts... I am getting ready for the reedy race so any info about outdoors for me will be a great....

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.