Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Fair enough, I'd love to see some data, let's back up some statements with numbers, rather than feelings and generalities.

Where are the race results where only 3-4 racers finish a main event (out of 10 that started, because the other 6 "blew up"), or all of the guys in a qualifier crap'd out due to legit motor "blow ups". Not just one race day. This apparently is an ongoing situation, so data from all year, every race, should reflect this.
Yepo!!

I still think it would be a better path for ROAR to let us know the rational behinf the move to 4 cell, and even after that have a provisional class at the nats next year, and see how it works out ...what kind of acceptance it truly has.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadBoyRC
Why don't we just put a governer on ROAR!
Yeah, It's called an election, and how many people voted ?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it official yet that roar is going to 4 cell or is it still being debated?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Junior
Is it official yet that roar is going to 4 cell or is it still being debated?
My understanding was that it was beeing contemplated for use starting in 2007.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Junior - It is still being debated.

I race at least twice a month. Where I race we actually have a Stock, 19 and Mod class. A really good weekend for a mod driver is a race where he brings home all the motors he showed up with. This dosen't always happen. At a State Series race 2 months ago I saw 3 regular guy non sponsored Mod drivers blow winds, unsolder windings from comms etc.

I just got back from a race this Friday and Saturday. Based on the opinions of the guys that sought me out to talk about 4 cell the guys complaining about 4 cell here at at a vast minority. At least 15 guys came up to me at this race and ALL of them Stock, 19T and Mod racers though 4 cell was a great idea.

The winner of the 2006 State series Mod Class was actually talking to all the Mod drivers about running 4 cell in the State Series no matter how ROAR votes. Once again based on the response it look like at least the FSEARA Mod Class will be 4 cell in 2007.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i just wanna say that i just learned of this yesterday at the track, i think its a great idea. get people back into mod w/all this batt tech. yeh we all like goin fast, but all of us also like goin faster than fast w/somethin thats not supposed to be fast. and 8min!!! i like it. i might try it off the batt (no pun) when this new car gets done.

-ult
Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
A really good weekend for a mod driver is a race where he brings home all the motors he showed up with. This dosen't always happen. At a State Series race 2 months ago I saw 3 regular guy non sponsored Mod drivers blow winds, unsolder windings from comms etc.
Have any of these racers considered using a milder motor? See? Problem solved. No need for this 4 cell lunacy.

yeah, mod guys always want to select their motor/gearing to squeeze every bit of runtime from their batteries, but you know what? Maybe that's not the way to go. If guys are running 6 turns because they have the battery runtime to do so, it doesn't mean they have to. They have no one to blame but themselves.

See? problem solved.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm not into running 4 cell. If I wanted to do that I would run 1/12th or pan cars. No matter what it will be a heated debate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Junior - It is still being debated.

I race at least twice a month. Where I race we actually have a Stock, 19 and Mod class. A really good weekend for a mod driver is a race where he brings home all the motors he showed up with. This dosen't always happen. At a State Series race 2 months ago I saw 3 regular guy non sponsored Mod drivers blow winds, unsolder windings from comms etc.

I just got back from a race this Friday and Saturday. Based on the opinions of the guys that sought me out to talk about 4 cell the guys complaining about 4 cell here at at a vast minority. At least 15 guys came up to me at this race and ALL of them Stock, 19T and Mod racers though 4 cell was a great idea.

The winner of the 2006 State series Mod Class was actually talking to all the Mod drivers about running 4 cell in the State Series no matter how ROAR votes. Once again based on the response it look like at least the FSEARA Mod Class will be 4 cell in 2007.
Well I talked to at least 20 racers that don't want it, so now your 15 are in the vast minority

..but seriously, can you (or whoever is appropriate to do so) list out all the reasons that ROAR thinks this is the way to go? ...and will you be willing to put this to a membership vote? I still do not understand what all the reasons behind this change are ...and also don't inderstand what makes an issue something that is put to a membership vote (e.g. the cell size beeing changed back when IP's were "out of spec") ..versus something that only the EXCOM votes on.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

seeing how Mod class is pretty much open and correct me if I'm wrong but the rule is upto 6cell's. So if someone wants to run only 4 in mod thats upto him. And its done w/o a rule change. Now if this racer useing 4cells get's beat by 6 than its his fault.

For a final note. And this is just me. If Roar makes TC 4cell's like oval than I'm going to do what I did then and that is Sell my TC's. I just go back to 1/12 mod during the winter and Off-Road. Unless they are making Off-Road 4cell also.

Again just my opinion.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

seeing how Mod class is pretty much open and correct me if I'm wrong but the rule is upto 6cell's. So if someone wants to run only 4 in mod thats upto him. And its done w/o a rule change. Now if this racer useing 4cells get's beat by 6 than its his fault.

Well said TVMRocket69 if the people are for running less cells let them do it out of their own choice and not force the racers that dont.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
..but seriously, can you (or whoever is appropriate to do so) list out all the reasons that ROAR thinks this is the way to go?
This has been done before but I will lay it all out again later today.

I just took the training wheels off my daughters bike and so we have more important things to do right now
Old 11-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

I just took the training wheels off my daughters bike and so we have more important things to do right now
Sounds fair enough ....dang training wheels off ...I remember that, make sure you have a video camera on hand, will make for lasting memories (or blackmail material during the the teenage years )
Old 11-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

make sure you restrict the speed on her bike, wouldn't want it to throw a wind or overheat
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

I have four cells not use in my drawers...... I would like to assemble it and test it on Sunday with 7T Team Brood Reedy and Stock Tamiya 23T RZ. Lets see how they are differ in feel and speed.

BTW, IF the comm still shines after 2 test ( 2 x 5 min just like in racing condition ), AND the lap times are reasonably acceptable, maybe it's okay for me to accept 4 cells rules for 2007.

I highly doubt other racers in Indonesia would join into 4 cells club. They would prefer 6 cells becoz we have tamiya races like mini coopers, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.