Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
He consistently tells us that this is from the "industry insiders" and that they know better that we do....
And?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
And?
And what??? They know better and that I should have different packs for each and every one of my RC vehicles??? I don't think so... The industry standard is 6 cells....
Old 11-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thatīs pretty unfair. Adrian feel a lot of responsibility to this sport/hobby and always try to look at the big picture.
Why not just try to understand it for a change? Kind of just try.
And so some of us aren't??? How fair is that?!?!?! It's one thing to mention and solicit the possibility of a change of this magnitude but it's a bigger issue to try and force it upon us without consulting us. I remember at the 2004 On-Road Paved Nats how ROAR ran a provisional 19T class, as Bob Barry pointed out earlier they did the same thing in Offroad. Why not do the same in this situation for the 2008 season? If they believe this is this is truly a better option what is the harm in letting us experience it first hand??? The ONLY viable testing that I have seen PUBLICLY were the J-Nats. And from that event it doesn't look as if "4 Cell" is the way to proceed for TC.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I talk to most of these industry insiders on a weekly basis....many of which I spend thousands of dollars a month with.....while adrian umm, does nothing...

I have spoke to many of them and they claim they have rarely if ever talked to Adrian, especially regarding these matters...

I for one......call BS on it...

Later EddieO
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
And what??? They know better and that I should have different packs for each and every one of my RC vehicles??? I don't think so... The industry standard is 6 cells....
"Industry standard"? I remember 5 was standard in the past. Then came the 6:th on top of a 5-cell pack, making it 6. 1/12 standard is 4 cells. Thatīs no argument.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
And so some of us aren't??? How fair is that?!?!?! It's one thing to mention and solicit the possibility of a change of this magnitude but it's a bigger issue to try and force it upon us without consulting us. I remember at the 2004 On-Road Paved Nats how ROAR ran a provisional 19T class, as Bob Barry pointed out earlier they did the same thing in Offroad. Why not do the same in this situation for the 2008 season? If they believe this is this is truly a better option what is the harm in letting us experience it first hand??? The ONLY viable testing that I have seen PUBLICLY were the J-Nats. And from that event it doesn't look as if "4 Cell" is the way to proceed for TC.
Are we still talking about RC cars? It sounds like life or death...
Many within EFRA wanted 4-cells as well, but 5 was some kind of compromice. EFRA very well might "take another cell" next year and go 4-cell in 2008.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

I've been racing since late 1987.....I can't ever remember seeing a 6 cell hump pack ever used in every form of racing...

When I started.....6 cell was stock, 7 cell mod......then the RACERS figured out 6 cells worked better....7 cell was removed AFTER the fact...

Go into ANY hobby shop....ask for a battery pack.....7.2 volts 6 cell is what they will hand you.....go to RADIO SHACK or Toys R Us.....samething....

6 cell 7.2 volt sub c is the standard.....plain and simple.

Later EddieO
Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Are we still talking about RC cars? It sounds like life or death...
Many within EFRA wanted 4-cells as well, but 5 was some kind of compromice. EFRA very well might "take another cell" next year and go 4-cell in 2008.

Life and death...that's exactly the point...maybe you should ask Adrian because that's how they make it out to be for the sport, for clubs and for big events!!! Isn't it so easy to say what EFRA MAY do without it being done to support your argument
Old 11-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
I've been racing since late 1987.....I can't ever remember seeing a 6 cell hump pack ever used in every form of racing...
When I started.....6 cell was stock, 7 cell mod......then the RACERS figured out 6 cells worked better....7 cell was removed AFTER the fact...
Go into ANY hobby shop....ask for a battery pack.....7.2 volts 6 cell is what they will hand you.....go to RADIO SHACK or Toys R Us.....samething....
6 cell 7.2 volt sub c is the standard.....plain and simple.
Later EddieO
The beuty in life is that standard can be changed. Even should change. Otherwise, we loose the great thing called evloution.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Life and death...that's exactly the point...maybe you should ask Adrian because that's how they make it out to be for the sport, for clubs and for big events!!! Isn't it so easy to say what EFRA MAY do without it being done to support your argument
Holy jeeeEEEz. We are talking numbers of cells. For RC TOY cars.
That have nothing to do with life or death. Not for anyone.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

The beuty in life is that standard can be changed. Even should change. Otherwise, we loose the great thing called evloution.
Not necessarily that we lose the ability to evolve. Of course it can change Anders, but the real question is SHOULD it be changed. Especially considering the data we have or lack thereof.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Holy jeeeEEEz. We are talking numbers of cells. For RC TOY cars.
That have nothing to do with life or death. Not for anyone.

You are MISSING the point. Let me spell it out for you: Life and death of racing. Is that clear enough????
Old 11-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Not necessarily that we lose the ability to evolve. Of course it can change Anders, but the real question is SHOULD it be changed. Especially considering the data we have or lack thereof.
You are MISSING the point. Let me spell it out for you: Life and death of racing. Is that clear enough????
Itīs clear enough
But I disagree. Not that I know whatīs the answer actually is. Not at all. But I realy canīt see it so black & white, so I get upset about it. I see it as something new. Worth to try. If it works; Great. If it not; Change.
Itīs like a marrige. It suppose to be for life. But if it sucks, well, divorse and go on. New adventures ahead!
Old 11-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not to mention the fact that the main argument for EFRA has been speedos and motors that are "blowing up". I don't see an epidemic of threads like that on any forums in North America.

Why change the cells if it's believed the motors and speedos need be fixed and updated? Why take the only piece of the equation that actually WORKS EVERY TIME, and limit it, rather than fix the problem?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Itīs clear enough
But I disagree. Not that I know whatīs the answer actually is. Not at all. But I realy canīt see it so black & white, so I get upset about it. I see it as something new. Worth to try. If it works; Great. If it not; Change.
Itīs like a marrige. It suppose to be for life. But if it sucks, well, divorse and go on. New adventures ahead!

Anders that is my point, let us try it but don't try and force it upon us without us trying it first hand. Before 19T became a true class at ROAR events they ran provisional classes...the same should be done in this situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.