Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Has anyone found a belleville washer for the diff that works? I just bought some for an L4 and they are too large also. I haven't tried other tires yet, so maybe its not the washer. Any info?
Yeah--I found a PERFECT one. It's the Slapmaster thrust bearing kit. Get it and solve a number of problems INCLUDING poor-fitting belleville washers.

btw, don't obsess too much that the belleville isn't centering perfectly. Yeah it would be nice, but... The "aero-diff" spacer IS a proper fit on the axle and that's what really matters in this case. The belleville is merely serving as a spring. I'm guessing it probably centers itself up pretty well when you run the 8-32 nut down on it anyway.

Scottrik
Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Yeah--I found a PERFECT one. It's the Slapmaster thrust bearing kit. Get it and solve a number of problems INCLUDING poor-fitting belleville washers.

btw, don't obsess too much that the belleville isn't centering perfectly. Yeah it would be nice, but... The "aero-diff" spacer IS a proper fit on the axle and that's what really matters in this case. The belleville is merely serving as a spring. I'm guessing it probably centers itself up pretty well when you run the 8-32 nut down on it anyway.

Scottrik
yep this is true,im running the diff stock right now but what i did find is i had to find a bearing to work properly with the cone,2 bearings i tried made the diff not work right,it binded up and i thot this was weired,but it works good now and i do want the slapmaster thing.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
down with 1/10, convert all that run 1/10 to 1/12 that is your goal ppl. LOL
Nice...And better yet, we're not bitching and moaning about running 4 cells.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
The brace is countersunk so that it cannot move. I considered that the brace could hold a bow in the chassis across the cells hence the countersinking. The chassis is unlikey to twist around the brace at the back (I hope!).

I ground the carbon from an old Xray front bumper. I have a bench grinder and a set of diamond files that will bash bits of fibre about. I hit this one right first time.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=191877

I made a brace last night out of a lower pod that I broke the previous weekend. The holes were in the perfect position and counter sunk and all I had to do was to cut it off and smooth the edges. Very easy.

Jack

Last edited by jackh; 01-05-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Nice...And better yet, we're not bitching and moaning about running 4 cells.
LOL i love 4 cells
Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
LOL i love 4 cells
So do I

Jack
Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik

Scottrik
I'm running the CRC procut tires that came with the car. The problem I'm having is that the tire will not fit over the washer, so I have to take the large nut off in order to change a tire. I should be able to remove the tire without disassembling the diff. I'll see what I can find at the track tomorrow and then order a Slapmaster bearing later. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I bought my car used. I'm looking to get washers for the front wheels. The ones that go between the nut and bearing. I saw the part # in the manual, but don't see it on the CRC website. Is there another part #?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

On the CRC site, if you go to the parts page and search for the part number it should show up. This is what I did to find the little parts that aren't listed yet.

djb
Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Brace Update 2

Well, I raced the rear brace on Sunday and I think it made the car very stable and very predictable. Even after slapping the boards a few times the car still reacted well. I think Mark is on to something here. Now I need some feedbace from a few other people.

All for now
Jack
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default CRC Tires

Hi all, Is the CRC procut Megents rear between a gray and a pink for shore?
I am finding that gray or white is to hard for our track making the car to loose but pinks seems to be to soft, and pickup to much carpet fuzz, so I was thinking of trying Megenta on the rear. Any thoughts??? I am running purple on the front and I do like the way they make the car feel.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CRC's web page "Foam Tire Mysteries Explained" actually creates more confusion. They don't even show all of their own tires in the charts. In their charts, they use "CRC Designation" like R2, F3, etc.. but I don't see references to those values in their shopping carts. You can actually get more shore rating information out of their shopping cart.

I think white is the softest.

According to their shopping cart:
Magenta rear: 34 - 38 shore
Pink: 30 - 33 shore

According to their Mysteries page:
White - C2: <33 shore
Grey-C3: 33-38 shore

To make it more confusing, their magenta fronts are a different shore than the rears! The fronts are 36 - 40 shore "soft purples".

CRC's "Foam Tire Mysteries Explained" page really needs to be overhauled. CRC are you listening? (probably not, they don't frequent the worlds most active discussion forum very much.) A single chart with these columns would make things much easier to understand:
CRC Designation, shore rating, rubber type, suggested use, Other mfgs designation.

Last edited by James35; 01-08-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who was lost when I checked out the chart. I was just looking for something between the Procut white and the procut pink. I thought that the Megenta was the answer.

Thanks for the input.
Jack
Old 01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jackh
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who was lost when I checked out the chart. I was just looking for something between the Procut white and the procut pink. I thought that the Megenta was the answer.

Thanks for the input.
Jack
The whole tire compound issue is very confusing. IMO there are a few reasons for this and why it is so hard to get a handle on.

1) One manufacturers "Pink" (or "White" or "Green") may not be the same as another's.
2) The shore rating does not neccesarily indicate the level of grip a tire has. For example, most White tires are softer than Pinks but have less traction. Everyone assumes shore equals bite and this is not the case.
3) Foam tires vary from batch to batch. This season's Pinks may not work the same as last season's.

It's certainly more complicated than this if you take into account different traction compounds and carpets, old or new. I think you have to experiment with different tires until you find what works for you at your track.

Oh by the way, just because you seldom see anyone from CRC post here doesn't mean they don't read the thread

Last edited by odpurple; 01-08-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm really not sure why manufacturers don't get off their butts and make some decent charts with at least this info as a minimum:
Our Designation, shore rating, rubber type.

This way, regardless of who makes the tire, you could say, "I'm running American 35 shore", or "Japanese C, 40 shore".

<stepping off of soapbox now>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.