Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
I did it becuase I have never liked the way the cell band bends the chassis. I used tape on my 3.2 becuase of this..... but I also hate tape!

I have not run it yet so what do I know!

Oh the spurs are Xenon. Note sure why... its what Helgar do in the UK. No problems here with dirt. All my diff problems went away the day Slapmaster came to town... only running indoors however.

Cheers

Mark
ya i hate tape too, and what i mean by durt is foam and stuff from the carpet,on this car it seems to get in the diff more and mess up the balls and rings,and the slapmaster thing im waiting for mine but i dont really have a problem with the bearing,it lasts for quit some time,and like you (if you still do) i run ceramic balls and bearings.on the L4 car i never had a problem with stuff getting in the diff but i do like the gen x car much better.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

And here is my build finished....
Includes a little mod I made... can you spot it?
Nice brace and good idea. It also struck me as something that could put and hold a tweak on the car too so I'd be careful. Maybe if you drill the top holes oversize and then tighten the screws on a flat surface it would be great.

The mod I want to know about is your shock ends. Are those Serpent ends and balls I spot?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fraz
Nice brace and good idea. It also struck me as something that could put and hold a tweak on the car too so I'd be careful. Maybe if you drill the top holes oversize and then tighten the screws on a flat surface it would be great.

The mod I want to know about is your shock ends. Are those Serpent ends and balls I spot?
i think there X ray (like on his sit) i do the same and its great to do.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mark, are you planning on updating your Blog with all of the GenX stuff?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Get back to work Joe
Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Mark, are you planning on updating your Blog with all of the GenX stuff?
Yes Joe.... but right now I feel that I do not have experience with it. I have not raced the Gen X yet! I will do a regional meeting this weekend and a national the week after. I dont want to talk out of my arse! In need to race it.

While I have been building the GenX, I have been taking pics and thinking things through in the "annally retentive" way that ends up on the blog.

So more info later.

Happy new year
Mark
Old 01-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Fraz,

The brace is countersunk so that it cannot move. I considered that the brace could hold a bow in the chassis across the cells hence the countersinking. The chassis is unlikey to twist around the brace at the back (I hope!).

I ground the carbon from an old Xray front bumper. I have a bench grinder and a set of diamond files that will bash bits of fibre about. I hit this one right first time.

BTW the best thing you can do with a 1/10th tourer is grind it up to make custom parts for 1/12th scale.

As others will advise. The shock ends are also Xray. They invented the part. I think I invented the useage

Peace

Mark

Originally Posted by fraz

Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

yep
Old 01-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mark, How did your brace work on the car over the weekend? I am thinking of making one for mine.

All for now
Jack
Old 01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

BTW the best thing you can do with a 1/10th tourer is grind it up to make custom parts for 1/12th scale.
Buy the man a beer!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

down with 1/10, convert all that run 1/10 to 1/12 that is your goal ppl. LOL
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Brace update

I made a brace last night out of a lower pod that I broke the previous weekend. The holes were in the perfect position and counter sunk and all I had to do was to cut it off and smooth the edges. Very easy.

Jack
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Has anyone found a belleville washer for the diff that works? I just bought some for an L4 and they are too large also. I haven't tried other tires yet, so maybe its not the washer. Any info?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default washer

I BELIEVE IM USING A CORRALY RDX WASHER.PERFECT FIT
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Has anyone found a belleville washer for the diff that works? I just bought some for an L4 and they are too large also. I haven't tried other tires yet, so maybe its not the washer. Any info?
What rims are you using? I haven't had any problems with the cone washer on either my L3 or my CK 3.2R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.