Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Well I recently got an xray T2 '007 EU edition and my kit seems to be missing the the balls that go into the top of the shock to screw into the shock tower. Am i missing something? My kit came with 4, and that is enough to do the bottom eyelets but not the top. It is part #3032341 if that helps. Did this happen to any of your '007's? It also says in the instruction manual that is only supposed to come with 4. So am i doing something wrong?. Thanks any help will be appreciated
Old 12-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hockey 85
Well I recently got an xray T2 '007 EU edition and my kit seems to be missing the the balls that go into the top of the shock to screw into the shock tower. Am i missing something? My kit came with 4, and that is enough to do the bottom eyelets but not the top. It is part #3032341 if that helps. Did this happen to any of your '007's? It also says in the instruction manual that is only supposed to come with 4. So am i doing something wrong?. Thanks any help will be appreciated
If you miss anything the best way is to mail to [email protected]
Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 PM
imr
Tech Adept

how can I get faster left/right direction changes?
Running silver/gold springs 30 wt around.

Should using a front sway bar help?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svines1972
Does 114/33 - 5.87 ratio sound like a good starting point for gearing? Rubber/Carpet/CO27
On our local carpet alot of guys gear their CO27s from 7.5-8.2 with rubber tires. That's with a 75 foot straight and somewhat tight corners.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hello all,
Will this alu middle one way help like it says for rubber carpet/asphalt?
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...20Pulley%20Set
Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 12-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by imr
how can I get faster left/right direction changes?
Running silver/gold springs 30 wt around.

Should using a front sway bar help?
Without knowing anything else about your setup, I'd suggest standing up the front shocks some (a more outer hole on the tower)...that should make the steering more agressive.

Adding a front sway-bar can take you either way, depending on what your car is really doing. It can sometimes remove enough front grip that your steering response becomes even worse.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Gravity RC

I think that Nexus is right with everything he said but if you are looking for a more specific answer please post more about the surface and tires which you are running, and more about your current set-up.
thanks paul
Old 12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Paul L.

Got any suggestions for a asphalt/rubber setup for the EU 007. Most everything I see right now is for carpet.

Thanks......Greg
Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
imr
Tech Adept

Thanks Nexus and Paul,
I was looking especially on some general setiings I could try and give me the most result so I could work on that. Looking also for some overall grip, it is a low to mid traction, technical track so I have tho be able to make fast changes and also go fast through the corners.
I got a good setup at this moment, just looking for that edge.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I think that Nexus is right with everything he said but if you are looking for a more specific answer please post more about the surface and tires which you are running, and more about your current set-up.
thanks paul
On carpet with rubber tire's have you ever tried running a spool? I'm just curios if having breaks in mod would be a big help if the track has a sort of high speed 180. Or is it better to just have the oneway set up dialed? I'm just looking for a bit more off power steering. I'm running your complete set up except for the rear shock oil (still waiting for my 25wt oil) and the rear camber link location. I went down one hole for traction. Linda said my oil will be to me for next weekend race. Also....does the antidive take away a little of my off power turn in?
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by STLNLST
On carpet with rubber tire's have you ever tried running a spool? I'm just curios if having breaks in mod would be a big help if the track has a sort of high speed 180. Or is it better to just have the oneway set up dialed? I'm just looking for a bit more off power steering. I'm running your complete set up except for the rear shock oil (still waiting for my 25wt oil) and the rear camber link location. I went down one hole for traction. Linda said my oil will be to me for next weekend race. Also....does the antidive take away a little of my off power turn in?
What up Homie, The Anti Dive is just what it is, It wont let the front dive ,go to a softer spring in front . You might want to go even softer ,like two spring rates , hope this helps..Bitter
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
What up Homie, The Anti Dive is just what it is, It wont let the front dive ,go to a softer spring in front . You might want to go even softer ,like two spring rates , hope this helps..Bitter
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU COMING UP FOR THE TWO DAY RACE? THE BRUSHED MOTORS UP HERE ARE JUST AS FAST AS BRUSHLESS. MY KD IS STILL THE FASTEST BRUSHED 19 OUT THIS WAY AND IT FELT BETTER THAN MY BRUSHLESS. EA KNOWS HIS STUFF
Old 12-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU COMING UP FOR THE TWO DAY RACE? THE BRUSHED MOTORS UP HERE ARE JUST AS FAST AS BRUSHLESS. MY KD IS STILL THE FASTEST BRUSHED 19 OUT THIS WAY AND IT FELT BETTER THAN MY BRUSHLESS. EA KNOWS HIS STUFF
Nope. Look at my sig..... Selected carpet events like Mr. Francis... See ya @ Tamiya..Keep bangin ...Bitter
Old 12-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Irrelevant with this topic but, Xray goes Nitro 1/10

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141149
Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

I wanted to know the effects of using or not using the o ring on the shock shaft, it asks you on the set up sheets and never really figured out the effect.
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.