R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #1216
Tech Adept
 
Hockey 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 124
Default

Well I recently got an xray T2 '007 EU edition and my kit seems to be missing the the balls that go into the top of the shock to screw into the shock tower. Am i missing something? My kit came with 4, and that is enough to do the bottom eyelets but not the top. It is part #3032341 if that helps. Did this happen to any of your '007's? It also says in the instruction manual that is only supposed to come with 4. So am i doing something wrong?. Thanks any help will be appreciated
__________________
Team Associated - LRP - Reedy - Upgrade R/C - Byron's Fuel - Momentum R/C Racing Team
Hockey 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #1217
Tech Regular
 
Joep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 85
Well I recently got an xray T2 '007 EU edition and my kit seems to be missing the the balls that go into the top of the shock to screw into the shock tower. Am i missing something? My kit came with 4, and that is enough to do the bottom eyelets but not the top. It is part #3032341 if that helps. Did this happen to any of your '007's? It also says in the instruction manual that is only supposed to come with 4. So am i doing something wrong?. Thanks any help will be appreciated
If you miss anything the best way is to mail to [email protected]
__________________
Xray T3 for dry and Xray T2'009 for rainy weather. Sponsored by: Myself and my wife.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #1218
imr
Tech Adept
 
imr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ypres, Belgium
Posts: 108
Default

how can I get faster left/right direction changes?
Running silver/gold springs 30 wt around.

Should using a front sway bar help?
imr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #1219
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
Does 114/33 - 5.87 ratio sound like a good starting point for gearing? Rubber/Carpet/CO27
On our local carpet alot of guys gear their CO27s from 7.5-8.2 with rubber tires. That's with a 75 foot straight and somewhat tight corners.
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #1220
Tech Addict
 
gacjr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

hello all,
Will this alu middle one way help like it says for rubber carpet/asphalt?
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...20Pulley%20Set
Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks,
Gary
__________________
-Dangerous with power tools-
gacjr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #1221
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imr
how can I get faster left/right direction changes?
Running silver/gold springs 30 wt around.

Should using a front sway bar help?
Without knowing anything else about your setup, I'd suggest standing up the front shocks some (a more outer hole on the tower)...that should make the steering more agressive.

Adding a front sway-bar can take you either way, depending on what your car is really doing. It can sometimes remove enough front grip that your steering response becomes even worse.
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #1222
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

I think that Nexus is right with everything he said but if you are looking for a more specific answer please post more about the surface and tires which you are running, and more about your current set-up.
thanks paul
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #1223
Tech Apprentice
 
Greg Etter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Default

Paul L.

Got any suggestions for a asphalt/rubber setup for the EU 007. Most everything I see right now is for carpet.

Thanks......Greg
Greg Etter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #1224
imr
Tech Adept
 
imr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ypres, Belgium
Posts: 108
Default

Thanks Nexus and Paul,
I was looking especially on some general setiings I could try and give me the most result so I could work on that. Looking also for some overall grip, it is a low to mid traction, technical track so I have tho be able to make fast changes and also go fast through the corners.
I got a good setup at this moment, just looking for that edge.
imr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #1225
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
I think that Nexus is right with everything he said but if you are looking for a more specific answer please post more about the surface and tires which you are running, and more about your current set-up.
thanks paul
On carpet with rubber tire's have you ever tried running a spool? I'm just curios if having breaks in mod would be a big help if the track has a sort of high speed 180. Or is it better to just have the oneway set up dialed? I'm just looking for a bit more off power steering. I'm running your complete set up except for the rear shock oil (still waiting for my 25wt oil) and the rear camber link location. I went down one hole for traction. Linda said my oil will be to me for next weekend race. Also....does the antidive take away a little of my off power turn in?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #1226
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
On carpet with rubber tire's have you ever tried running a spool? I'm just curios if having breaks in mod would be a big help if the track has a sort of high speed 180. Or is it better to just have the oneway set up dialed? I'm just looking for a bit more off power steering. I'm running your complete set up except for the rear shock oil (still waiting for my 25wt oil) and the rear camber link location. I went down one hole for traction. Linda said my oil will be to me for next weekend race. Also....does the antidive take away a little of my off power turn in?
What up Homie, The Anti Dive is just what it is, It wont let the front dive ,go to a softer spring in front . You might want to go even softer ,like two spring rates , hope this helps..Bitter
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #1227
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
What up Homie, The Anti Dive is just what it is, It wont let the front dive ,go to a softer spring in front . You might want to go even softer ,like two spring rates , hope this helps..Bitter
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU COMING UP FOR THE TWO DAY RACE? THE BRUSHED MOTORS UP HERE ARE JUST AS FAST AS BRUSHLESS. MY KD IS STILL THE FASTEST BRUSHED 19 OUT THIS WAY AND IT FELT BETTER THAN MY BRUSHLESS. EA KNOWS HIS STUFF
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #1228
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU COMING UP FOR THE TWO DAY RACE? THE BRUSHED MOTORS UP HERE ARE JUST AS FAST AS BRUSHLESS. MY KD IS STILL THE FASTEST BRUSHED 19 OUT THIS WAY AND IT FELT BETTER THAN MY BRUSHLESS. EA KNOWS HIS STUFF
Nope. Look at my sig..... Selected carpet events like Mr. Francis... See ya @ Tamiya..Keep bangin ...Bitter
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #1229
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Irrelevant with this topic but, Xray goes Nitro 1/10

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141149
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #1230
Tech Adept
 
sukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Guelph Ont Canada
Posts: 108
Default

I wanted to know the effects of using or not using the o ring on the shock shaft, it asks you on the set up sheets and never really figured out the effect.
thanks
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XRAY T2'007 KyLayfield R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-19-2008 10:39 AM
Need Xray t2'007 parts edgaras R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 10-29-2007 04:11 AM
WTB/WTT: Xray T2 or T2'007 WheelNut R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 09-15-2007 06:02 PM
XRay T2'007 duckman996 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 02-06-2007 01:29 PM
Xray T2'007 US Edition fastzach R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-27-2006 04:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net