Wiki Posts
Search

2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Had a GREAT time

I just wanted to post a quick THANK YOU to Scotty, Boomer and all the IIC Crew for a GREAT Time.

I was impressed by the entire event, being there with all the big name drivers and how Scotty came up to me in the registration line just to welcome me.

Special thanks to Rob Michaels, and the entire Corally team for all the help and just for being so cordial and open to talk to. Jeff Brown, Nick & Sean from Team Kwik it was nice getting to meet you guys & pitting with you. Thanks for the motor work Sean.

As far as the traction goes... I never had a problem all week with it... but then again - I'm sure that's all about having a good set up.

Thanks again.... and Sign me up Scotty...! (for next year)
Old 09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
you don;t have it in another format do you, no real player for me...
you at work that you can't install it or home because real has a player for windows mac and linux
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I wonder if the RP30 will replace the cs27 if so I need to find nd buy the rp's and setup my car with em + I buy 10 sets at a time so ,I don't want to waist the cash my indoor season is getting ready to start!
the thing is, the cs27 stays consistent from run to run much longer. the rp30 drops off so be prepared to buy many sets of the rp30 if you choose to use it. if the cs27 gives you enough traction, i'd stick with that tire
Old 09-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
you at work that you can't install it or home because real has a player for windows mac and linux
no i just do not install real player as it always conflicts with another program that i run, so to save me headache i just do not instyall it anymore. if you do not have another version i understand...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no i just do not install real player as it always conflicts with another program that i run, so to save me headache i just do not instyall it anymore. if you do not have another version i understand...
I can understand that I just tell it not to use it for nothing but ram files and don't worry about it. the original version is a 500meg apple movie file so it's a hard thing to post. I have tried to compress it with quicktime pro but I have yet to find a compression codex that has the same quality as real for the same size file. I hate WMV it's crap and too big and divx doesn't always get downloaded right through media player. if someone can tell me a codex to use with apple that will be the same quality and size I'll use it
Old 09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Quicktime > WMV > Realmedia

In my opinion, anyway. Realplayer is one of the most horrible pieces of software I've ever installed. Windows Media Player is wonky but works, Quicktime is smooth but the encoding side of things isn't always the best (not that WMV is any better).

If you're going to encode stuff for distribution, some flavor of DivX is probably the best. Better quality, portable to both Mac and PC, and easy to make.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have to say REALplayer sucks... but I wanna see the vid.. .so ohh well...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you don;t have it in another format do you, no real player for me...
Try the below link. It lets you play Real player files in windows media player.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
Old 09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

I can understand that I just tell it not to use it for nothing but ram files and don't worry about it. the original version is a 500meg apple movie file so it's a hard thing to post. I have tried to compress it with quicktime pro but I have yet to find a compression codex that has the same quality as real for the same size file. I hate WMV it's crap and too big and divx doesn't always get downloaded right through media player. if someone can tell me a codex to use with apple that will be the same quality and size I'll use it
I recommend using Windows Media Encoder. Here is an example of footage I encoded using WME...

http://www.uticaschools.org/albany/v...ProSeries1.wmv

If you do not have a PC you can use for encoding for some reason, you can buy "Flip4Mac" http://www.flip4mac.com/
Old 09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks to Scotty and Boomer and Jamie and the rest of the IIC Staff for a great event! The tech guys were patient and friendly all week long...also, thanks to Shane and his staff for providing not only the coverage for the WWW, but also for building the on-site hobby shop!

Gentlemen's bet: In 2007, IIC entries will have to go to a lottery system due to an overwhelming response!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i say 12th stock should be the next vid
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You only need to see the first 2 laps of that race, YOU walked away buddy. Your shiny 12th scale was pretty sick.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so was someone looking for video? how about the mod foam touring frieght train "A" main. check it out here

so I have stock and 19t foam and mod rubber and 12th stock and mod... what's next to post?

19t foam was one of the best Mains in my opinion. The laptimes and lines driven by Bobby Flack and Paul Ciccarello were amazing to see.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RP30's have a lot more grip than the CS27 tires. A lot of people tested these tires in a lot of places before they were choosen.

Scotty told me he thought the AC just evaporated the tracton compound off the track faster than it was laid down.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
You only need to see the first 2 laps of that race, YOU walked away buddy. Your shiny 12th scale was pretty sick.

i dunno. the next to last lap when JC checked up to avoid trouble with a big lead is one of the best moves i have seen in a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.