Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you find running the JR link that it helps with rear end as it calms the front down then?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Do you find running the JR link that it helps with rear end as it calms the front down then?
All I can say is the setup on my car right now works for me. It is a colaboration of one of Shreffs setups with some changes made to it to work for me. Honestly there is not one setup for everyone. Driving styles play alot into a setup. I started out with a base setup and adjusted from there to suit me. Foam setup I have on my foam car I got from Schreff and that seems to work with no alteration. I could not use his rubber setup for asphalt completely since it made it too twitchy for me. He had regular links on his setup and I went to JR. That is only one of a few changes I made.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Anyone using the JR z9100S servo? I'm thinking about getting one for my mod car and was curious if there are any fitment issues or if i should go w/ a low profile servo.
I run the "older" 9000s servo and there are no fitment issues.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I personally run the JR link with rubber and regular with foam. So I guess I am kind of backwards from everyone here. I like the JR Link with rubber tires. Standard link was way too much steering for me.
I could understand that is the bite on your track high? Maybe I should try it again and see it it does settle the car down. We have a high traction asphalt and it might help for me to go back, there is another guy who does run it and he really likes it.

RedRocket
Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
I could understand that is the bite on your track high? Maybe I should try it again and see it it does settle the car down. We have a high traction asphalt and it might help for me to go back, there is another guy who does run it and he really likes it.

RedRocket
No, if anything it is fairly low bite. I have a lot of other things going on to help out with that.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just to let everybody know, I built a new spool useing all the actual spool parts (since I didn't for get them at home) and ran about 5 pack through the car and had no problems this time. Not sure why it didn't work before but with all new hardware and outdrives in it it was fine. So far.

RedRocket
Old 07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
I didn't have enough steering w/ the jr link on my car but the track has a tight infield section, once i changed to reg links i got some of the steering back.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone else have issues getting the diffs to be free without slipping? I can't get them right. A 1/4 turn too little, and they slip like crazy, and 1/4 more, and they stop diffin'. Im thinkin about the aluminum hub just to help the cause. I've removed the brass shim, otherwise they are stock. Any suggestions? I run a 3.5 w/ lipo, so they need to be goood.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Rev
does anyone else have issues getting the diffs to be free without slipping? I can't get them right. A 1/4 turn too little, and they slip like crazy, and 1/4 more, and they stop diffin'. Im thinkin about the aluminum hub just to help the cause. I've removed the brass shim, otherwise they are stock. Any suggestions? I run a 3.5 w/ lipo, so they need to be goood.

Thanks!
That brass shim was not a shim but meant to act as a slipper for applications such as yours. If you have not noticed the diff ring on that side is not keyed and will slip a little. Slippage was designed into those diffs so you are not tearing them up in Mod.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

how many time to do break with your type R? and what part?

I'm running my type R for over 4-5 months now, 1 night a week (around 4-5 pack every night) with rubber, carpet and 13.5 BL.

I only broke around 5 ball cup (always the same) and I fix the problem with RMP ball cup and I broke one c-hub and one read hub.

that's it

previouly with my xray T2, I was breaking something every night
Old 07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I don't break things often but when i do its normally a c-hub or a popped off ball end....
Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM

don't brake many parts but the ball cups come off or split on a hit
Old 07-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeti: thanks for the response. From my experience, slipping is what wears out diffs the quickest, so I'm unsure why slip would be designed into it? I talked with Matt howard at the nats, and he advised me to remove the shim. It helped, but not enough. I want to lock the thing so it does'nt slip. I'll try silicon carbide balls, by i'm thinkin it is the plastic hub that is flexing which is causing the diff to run tight and slip..? So anyway, are you saying that this diff slipping is a common problem (or not, depending on your view)..?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Rev
Yeti: thanks for the response. From my experience, slipping is what wears out diffs the quickest, so I'm unsure why slip would be designed into it? I talked with Matt howard at the nats, and he advised me to remove the shim. It helped, but not enough. I want to lock the thing so it does'nt slip. I'll try silicon carbide balls, by i'm thinkin it is the plastic hub that is flexing which is causing the diff to run tight and slip..? So anyway, are you saying that this diff slipping is a common problem (or not, depending on your view)..?

Thanks.
This info actually came from Todd many post ago. He said they designed the slipper in to help out with Mod so it did not tear up diffs so much, but he also posted a procedure for setup of them too. I will have to see if I can find the post and get you a link to it. It is way back in this thread. From my understanding the diff that comes with the CR buggy and truck have this same feature built in. If you ever noticed the header cards for the diff rings say on them CR. I can't explain the reason how they came up with it, but that is why it is there. So the brass washer is not a shim, but more or less a slipper pad so to speak.

Ok, here is the link I found where Todd posted about the brass washer: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=3400
Old 07-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default losi at iic

hey all: Who will be on the losi team at the '08 iic race? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.