Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you don't mind cutting the solder tabs and the tight fit the Novak Ballistic 17.5 brushless motor might be perfect for you. If you start racing and want a faster motor you can switch out the windings and rotor to the specs you need. The JRXS-R doesn't like dirt and pebbles. Tape up the holes in the chassis under the diff pulleys, rocks like to get jammed in their and wreck belts and pulleys.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
anyone have any word on whats happening with Flying Fox stuff?
I ordered my layshaft 1 month ago, still no word.
I ordered one too, order date was Nov 4th.. I just sent an email to Paul asking for a tracking number. If he doesn't reply with this information I am considering requesting a refund.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I very much doubt you will get a tracking number if it was sent by 'normal' airmail. It would cost too much if a tracking # was to be provided.

I would not worry about your package. After confirmation an the layshaft I ordered was in stock, it still took another 16 days for the item to be sent to me, and I'm only 24hours postal time away. I assume paul is a very busy man, however communication or lack of is unacceptable.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I read that Paul is a guide that does tours in the outback so he is frequently away for extended periods. Something like that anyway. This is probably why there is such a delay on shipping and responses to emails. But if you have ordered from his distributer in the US then they must be waiting for inventory to arrive as well??
Old 11-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
I read that Paul is a guide that does tours in the outback so he is frequently away for extended periods. Something like that anyway. This is probably why there is such a delay on shipping and responses to emails. But if you have ordered from his distributor in the US then they must be waiting for inventory to arrive as well??
Actually, Paul said he hadn't received any orders yet from his US distributor. Not sure what's going on. Just want my layshaft.....

Bill.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

I read that Paul is a guide that does tours in the outback so he is frequently away for extended periods. Something like that anyway. This is probably why there is such a delay on shipping and responses to emails. But if you have ordered from his distributer in the US then they must be waiting for inventory to arrive as well??
I ordered directly thru his website..
Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
I ordered one too, order date was Nov 4th.. I just sent an email to Paul asking for a tracking number. If he doesn't reply with this information I am considering requesting a refund.
I got a e-mail from Paul yesterday, he has been tied up with a couple of races away from home, but assured me that the items I ordered had gone out. I ordered them in early November as well. So I guess some patience is required but he is around now.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just rebuilt my JRX-S R after club meet last night. My dust covers worked great, huge reduction in dirt and the track was just as or maybe even more dirty than last race. I broke a rod-end during practice, well it was actually already broken, glued together and zip tied. This car is a TANK. Used the steel lipo tray and had my electronics on the top deck, BIG improvement. Car was very stable through turns. I....Love...This...Car...

Any suggestions for locating pins?? Is it just me or do they break a lot? I pre-tap the holes, put a dab of grease on the threads but still I end up breaking them?? I have a good quality hex driver, try to be careful? Yar

Was going to test out some under-drive but the front belt is very loose. Anyone use under-drive?? should I just stick with over-drive??

Thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Any suggestions for locating pins?? Is it just me or do they break a lot? I pre-tap the holes, put a dab of grease on the threads but still I end up breaking them?? I have a good quality hex driver, try to be careful? Yar
Locating pins, you mean those extra long set screws? I just use the button heads
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Breaking them how? I have never broke one of those and I have four cars.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how is the availability for parts? my local shop said kit is discontinued, losi is heading to micro and mini stuff, specifically rtrs
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Breaking them how? I have never broke one of those and I have four cars.
Four have cracked down the side of the hex hole when changing droop, up travel. Cap head screws is a great idea, going to use them as C.B. suggested.

Parts availability is good, Horizon has everything in stock except the discontinued alum shock caps which I need of course.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Four have cracked down the side of the hex hole when changing droop, up travel. Cap head screws is a great idea, going to use them as C.B. suggested.

Parts availability is good, Horizon has everything in stock except the discontinued alum shock caps which I need of course.
Hey i encountered that too! Quite a pain to get it out The button heads work better. Oh, as for dirt proofing the diff, what i did was different.

First, dab some oil/light grease at the rim of the pulley. Then, use silicone gasket sealant (I used the red one), smear it along the drive cup and make sure it makes contact with the aforementioned rim. Once the silicone is cured, you'll have a 99% sealed diff.

The purpose of the oil is not to let the sealant adhere to the pulley.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I told you last time where to get them from
Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know where to get them but I don't want to pay shipping & brokerage for a $3 part that I can do without. My LHS deals with Horizon so why pay extra ordering parts from US online store.

Cheapskate.Brok

Next time I'm at the hardware store I'll buy some and try it out. I assume it's easy to remove or you wouldn't use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.