Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Look, when I do this. This right here. It just gives yall three sets of nice boobs to look at over there. Photo series starts tomorrow night. Be there!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Best current avatar.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
Look, when I do this. This right here. It just gives yall three sets of nice boobs to look at over there. Photo series starts tomorrow night. Be there!
Those are nice boobs, but who may I ask are they attached to? Maybe a photo series of her!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
I like me Type R too, but I would like it a lot better if there were something new I could buy for it. Makes me jealous when Xray and others are releasing optional parts for their cars every other week.
Do you have any evidence to back up that claim? To my recollection, Xray have released one option part for the 008 since it was released in December (the front brace). That option part was mentioned in the manual that shipped with the first batch of kits, so it's not a late revision released as a reaction to performance. It is a tuning part developed during pre-release R&D that finally made it to production (low priority, it seems).
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default loose back end

Hello fello racers, I am looking for help...

I must say I love my type r and one thing that I have made changes to is using o-rings to remove the horizontal play of the a-arms, both front and rear. This addition has made the car more precise. I have combined this with motor shims as mentioned in earlier posts. Using only motor shims and the included kit shims, made the a-arm to tight and discovered that o-rings help remove play, and alow movement in the event of a crash. Not sure if this is enough movement as I haven't crashed hard yet, but I will help. The best part is that the a-arms move freely when the shocks are disconnected to measure downstops..

Anyways, I would like advice on how to remove the lose feeling of the rear. To explain the characteristic, when exiting a corner on power the rear will drift outward.

I have tried softer springs (12.5) rubber tire (jaco yellow) and has helped, but not entirely. The ESC (novak xbr) is positioned on the passenger side of the car with the the receiver on the other side with additional weight to balance left to right. Typical setup of most car pictures..

Would one position the esc and weight further back on the chassis to help with weight transfer or try something else?

Your thoughts and help is appreciated.

Gordon
Old 05-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

might try adjusting your droop settings first . I ran with the same positions of electronics as you are .. also might post your set up so youll get more info .. just my 2 cents ..
Old 05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

MaxRain-

What class are you running? What is your rear toe? What are your roll center positions of your rear arms?

RedRocket
Old 05-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm glad you asked that question. The rear of my car wont stay planted either. I know one thing I know was doing wrong was too much rear toe. Every setup sheet I saw listed 3 degree so thats what I had. Then I read the more the rear tires point inwards, the more wishy-washy the rear will be. It also said for stock racing run less toe anyways for max speed. I'm trying standing the rear shocks upright as well. But I would like to hear from someone who knows, because I dont, the best way to correct this?

And about the option parts, are you serious Xray has only released one for the 008? Seems like more. But do you understand what I'm saying as far as selling the same car for over two years with no new parts other than the lipo tray? I know some will say thats a tribute as to how well designed it was, maybe. But it almost took an act of congress for them put out the lipo tray again, so I'm not holding my breath for anything else.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Hello fello racers, I am looking for help...

I must say I love my type r and one thing that I have made changes to is using o-rings to remove the horizontal play of the a-arms, both front and rear. This addition has made the car more precise. I have combined this with motor shims as mentioned in earlier posts. Using only motor shims and the included kit shims, made the a-arm to tight and discovered that o-rings help remove play, and alow movement in the event of a crash. Not sure if this is enough movement as I haven't crashed hard yet, but I will help. The best part is that the a-arms move freely when the shocks are disconnected to measure downstops..

Anyways, I would like advice on how to remove the lose feeling of the rear. To explain the characteristic, when exiting a corner on power the rear will drift outward.

I have tried softer springs (12.5) rubber tire (jaco yellow) and has helped, but not entirely. The ESC (novak xbr) is positioned on the passenger side of the car with the the receiver on the other side with additional weight to balance left to right. Typical setup of most car pictures..

Would one position the esc and weight further back on the chassis to help with weight transfer or try something else?

Your thoughts and help is appreciated.

Gordon
Gordon..

Try going up to a 15 lb rear spring and use stock shock piston along with 30wt shock oil to start. Sometimes a softer rear spring will make a car feel loose. Also run rear diff in low setting and front in high setting. Sometimes too a softer tire will feel loose as they get too hot fast and get greasy. I have never liked soft tires. Try diffrent tires also something aroung 30 compound. Jaco greens,Sorex 36 tires seem hard but are really great tires..
Old 05-16-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

wow wow and wow....

I got my oneway and wanted to install it. look easy to do it but wait a minute, I think that I have to uninstall my previous dogbone and put the shorter dogbone that came with the oneway.....

so i stopped and put back my diff.

so switching from diff to oneway is quit a bit difficult. no like the xray car.

any advise?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Build a complete set of LCD's with the shorter bones.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
wow wow and wow....

I got my oneway and wanted to install it. look easy to do it but wait a minute, I think that I have to uninstall my previous dogbone and put the shorter dogbone that came with the oneway.....

so i stopped and put back my diff.

so switching from diff to oneway is quit a bit difficult. no like the xray car.

any advise?
They give you the shorter dog bones because that one way was developed originally for the old car with the only change being the bearings were flipped. As said above, just get yourself the rest of the stuff you need and have a second set of LCD's just for your oneway.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

this is what I will do.

thanks
Old 05-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

someone have a good setup for carpet/rubber/13.5BL

or is there a place where people are posting their setup?

i went to the losi web site and only 2 setup there.

thanks again for your help
Old 05-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I am unsure if this will help anyone but when i treated my self to a brushless setup this week i found it extremly hard to work out where to put everything after lets of messing about and testing diffrent layouts i think i have found one that works

can anyone pick any faults in this layout as i dont want my speedo to get damaged on any impact .. thanks

PS. i woudl liek to thank jal874 for his help via PM regarding how best to layout the speed passion brushless

First off i needed to change the way the battery bars were positioned on my batterys these angles fit very well the - is just behind the sput and the + just behind the reciver

Top view

side view

hopefully this will help some people out with how best to layout there brushless ?

*Edit*

maximebeauvais there are some great setups on this site hope it helps

http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/#tl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.