Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

how are you guys wiring your fan to cool the motor. I am running BL with a GTB. Are connecting the fan wires to the SC or to the battery itself? Any pics?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I soldereda servo lead on my fan wires, then just ran that into the extra slot on my Spektrum reciever. Nice and clean with no hacking involved.

Ben
Old 09-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chumanji
how are you guys wiring your fan to cool the motor. I am running BL with a GTB. Are connecting the fan wires to the SC or to the battery itself? Any pics?
I'm running a 13.5, so the GTB doesn't really need the fan. I use the lead that's normally for the GTB fan on my motor. My ESC heat sink is always well under 100 degrees.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Dos anyone experience problem when using 3.5 or 4.5 brushless motor? I'm using 128 spur with 24T pinion. This is the smallest pinion I can use. Otherwise, the pinion can't touch the supr. The final gear ratio for 128/24 is and this is 9.76 too low for running low turn brushless motor. I want to get like 10.5 final ratio. otherwise, my motor is way too hot. What is my solution? Do you think this is Losi bug on the gearing?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Dos anyone experience problem when using 3.5 or 4.5 brushless motor? I'm using 128 spur with 24T pinion. This is the smallest pinion I can use. Otherwise, the pinion can't touch the supr. The final gear ratio for 128/24 is and this is 9.76 too low for running low turn brushless motor. I want to get like 10.5 final ratio. otherwise, my motor is way too hot. What is my solution? Do you think this is Losi bug on the gearing?
you just need to get the PRS adapter with a 130t spur and you shouldnt have any problems or you can shave some material of the motor can where it touches the pulley (doesnt look pretty ) if you want to keep the stock 128 spur, I shaved some of the motor and i can fit a 22t pinion with no problems
Old 09-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ioxqq
What brand motor are you running? If it's Novak, try the 13mm rotor. It makes gearing of the low turn motors a little more reasonable. It's more torque biased, so you can use a larger pinion to get the motor in its sweet spot gearing wise.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Do the Losi spring labels mean anything? LB/IN? Or are they just a number?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those numbers are lbs.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just wanted to Thank Larry Fairtrace and Jason Schreffler for dialing in my Losi type R for Vegas prep. Im in the middle of a move and these guy's are first class to help me fill my time...
Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

*deep breath*

I'm frustrated because I just wasted half my day driving to and from the track, but...

What's up with the one way? One of my bearings had two rollers fall out as soon as it was removed from the package. It worked okay without them, though that side didn't spin quite as long. Today, during practice, the other side blew up and was completely unusable, thereby ending my day.

So, what's the deal? Is there some kind of ritual for these things that I'm unaware of? Do I need to sacrifice a virgin diff to the R/C gods each week to make sure my one way doesn't shit itself? The only thing that's wrong is the bearings are bad, but it looks like I might need to buy a whole new one way in order to fix that. :-(
Old 09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
*deep breath*

I'm frustrated because I just wasted half my day driving to and from the track, but...

What's up with the one way? One of my bearings had two rollers fall out as soon as it was removed from the package. It worked okay without them, though that side didn't spin quite as long. Today, during practice, the other side blew up and was completely unusable, thereby ending my day.

So, what's the deal? Is there some kind of ritual for these things that I'm unaware of? Do I need to sacrifice a virgin diff to the R/C gods each week to make sure my one way doesn't shit itself? The only thing that's wrong is the bearings are bad, but it looks like I might need to buy a whole new one way in order to fix that. :-(
This does not surprise me since the first gen one had bearing issues as well. All the new one is is the old one with the bearings swapped. It is possible they have a bad batch again. Hit Todd up and he may be able to help you with it. I don't believe you can really replace bearings in it since they are pressed into the tube.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Yeti35
This does not surprise me since the first gen one had bearing issues as well. All the new one is is the old one with the bearings swapped. It is possible they have a bad batch again. Hit Todd up and he may be able to help you with it. I don't believe you can really replace bearings in it since they are pressed into the tube.
I PM'd Todd a few weeks ago and didn't get a response. Is there a better way to contact him (or Losi) to see what they think? I'm fairly new to one ways, so it's possible I just did something wrong.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im not sure, whats wrong with yours. They are a kinda rough to build, but once put together right I havent seen one mess up. We have a couple and all are out of the package and work excellent. Maybe schreff can come on and diagnose your problem, hes good at putting them together.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey can larry or jason post up an carpet set up for the car
Old 09-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As Larry said, I've put about 3 one-ways together now.

I've only had 1 of the 3 have issues with one of the bearings. One of the needles fell out and it's gone. The one-way is in a car right now and it seems to work just fine. That's not to say an issue won't occur though. It's in Tags car and we ran it like 10 packs over this past weekend with no issues.

As far as a carpet setup, the one I have been having good luck with is posted on one of my posts on this thread. If you're talking rubber tire carpet, I'll grab Tags car before I ship it back to him and try to work on a setup sheet. Keep in mind, the tires we ran on Tags car were the first gen Jaco Greens. The rubber is very thin. The tires that they will have at Vegas are going to be thicker so I'm not sure how much different the car is going to handle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.