Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

So youv'e seen the light Ed and bought the right car am pleased you have, thanks for all the tips and pics on the build, should have mine by the end of the week
Malc
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
So youv'e seen the light Ed and bought the right car am pleased you have, thanks for all the tips and pics on the build, should have mine by the end of the week
Malc
Well, been racing tamiyas since I came back into racing about 3 years ago, and fancied something a bit different, so on a whim brought one of these... like I've said before, has some really neat details built into it that I like.
Hopefully be able to give it it's first run on the coming weekend, might even be up WLRC... just waiting to hear back from Mr Cann to see if he'll let me come play
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 5-Cells

Todd, if you are around...

The RROC is going to allow 5-cell cars this year in the Open classes. I would love to run 5-cell there in 19-turn. Based upon your experience, would this be competitive given the long straight at Tamiya? Also, would you put the battery forward or reward to start testing?

Thanks...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

When you switch to the JRX-S arm or the short arms as they are called, does this change the front track width or does it stay the same as the long arms?

Actually what is the difference between the short and long arms?

Thanks,
Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you put on short arms you need to flip the blocks around to have the holes futher out...this way will maintain the width.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
So with the cap wires coming out of the rear or bottom or back side of the board, where did you mount the cap? Don't hold out on me man!!!!

Brant
Hey POOKYT - this is How I wired my GTX up in the car...

Last edited by duckman996; 03-31-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Well, been racing tamiyas since I came back into racing about 3 years ago, and fancied something a bit different, so on a whim brought one of these... like I've said before, has some really neat details built into it that I like.
Hopefully be able to give it it's first run on the coming weekend, might even be up WLRC... just waiting to hear back from Mr Cann to see if he'll let me come play
Nice one Ed, I too should be at Wet London wid da Type R , apparently you can play on the beginners day if your a club member
Malc
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacingStorm
Todd, if you are around...

The RROC is going to allow 5-cell cars this year in the Open classes. I would love to run 5-cell there in 19-turn. Based upon your experience, would this be competitive given the long straight at Tamiya? Also, would you put the battery forward or reward to start testing?

Thanks...

Why would you want to run 5 cells against cars with 6? Further more- they will allow 5? Dont quote me on this, as I may be wrong, but it is a 6 cell limit, meaning run 5 if thats what you like? No?

KB
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Any body got a wieght on this car after the build and prio to electrics and cells going in?
Malc
Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Malc,

Mine weight 1508 grams at Aldershot SLCC sunday.

Ran 27T stock, Quantum 2, Stectrum Rx plus capacitor,
KO servo, PRBS spur gear adaptor and PDUB stiff bumper.
The rest of car as standard.

Chris
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Livingston
Malc,

Mine weight 1508 grams at Aldershot SLCC sunday.

Ran 27T stock, Quantum 2, Stectrum Rx plus capacitor,
KO servo, PRBS spur gear adaptor and PDUB stiff bumper.
The rest of car as standard.

Chris
Cheers Chris
what KO servo do you use please, as I seem to have an issue with my 2143 at the mo, I have just gone over to a Helios hand-set with 2.4 but seems to make the servo slow, maybe its me, or maybe the responce of the 2.4 instead of the high speed 40 meg module in it making the difference. What I will prob do is prior to putting in the electrics to the Type R, is to hook up the old Mars handset with 2.4 which is the handset ive used for about 6 years then swop to the Helios with 40 meg and then onto 2.4 with the Helios. Hope all this makes sense, just need to find out what the hells going on. The other thing is, like you I run a Q2 with max punch and the exceloration at the begining of the trigger seems very numb to the feel I did alter the throtel curve to 10% but felt no difference. anyone got any thoughts on this one please.
Cheers Malc
Old 04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Malc, Be sure to redo your speedo setup (1 touch) when you go from x-tal to dsm you need to reset it as the epa's will shift a bit. As for the servo speed ..eh maybe? Is your radio still in the "h" setting under the modual?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run the KO PDS-2344 6 volt, high torque servo.
Have to run the capacitor (10V 4700uF) on the Spectrum
receiver as the BEC voltage drops on the Quantum.

Dont know about throttle problem, but I had one of the
origonal MARS Tx, given to me by Racer Mag and I wore
a dead spot at top of throttle trigger so I did not get top
speed.

Chris
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

I got my losi this weekend. Heres what I have so far.
lol. i know i need to change my user name. lol
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-partial-jrx-s-r3.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-partial-jrx-s-r.jpg  
Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Why would you want to run 5 cells against cars with 6? Further more- they will allow 5? Dont quote me on this, as I may be wrong, but it is a 6 cell limit, meaning run 5 if thats what you like? No?

KB
The Reedy Race is allowing 5 cells with a different weight limit dependent upon wheter you choose 5 cells or 6 this year. The question really comes down to what's more important for the track? Corner speed or straightaway speed? Everything I've heard from reports is that the corner speed increase with the lighter 5 cell cars beats the heavier 6 cell cars pretty much everywhere. But that's why I was curious as to Todd's opinion since I'm betting that he's tested 5 cell Type-Rs and he knows the Tamiya track well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.