Team Orion 3200mAh Race Spec LiPo

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chris have you cut the adapter yet?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I guess this site don't let you del your post..
Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have everything i need,i just wanted to know if anybody else has tryed it yet? I'm just waiting on the 2mm adaptor to come in.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Here the adaptor it comes with..
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNGC4&P=M
Old 02-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Joel Legace
That's what i figured..

Right now there are claims of slapping a pack into the car and using it all day.

Those story`s seem true.

I use just one Orion 3200 pack for a entire event just yesterday.....

once for practice
3 qualifiers
and
one triple A-main...

total = 7 runs with the same Orion 3200

Amazing huh ?

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 02-19-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I run all night on one pack with my 103GT
You can get about 3 five minute runs on one charge, but I have been topping off between rounds
I would like to get one more lipo though just to spread it out
Old 02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Li-Po's have been around for many years and people have tried to get more them 8.4V out of them some have gotten as much as 8.5 and as low as 8.3 but this was due more to weather and the charger missreading then what they were doing. The true output is virtuslly identical charge after charge for hundreds of cycles if not abused.

The chemistry being what it is, 8.4V for a two cell is basically the standard and it is not adjustable.

Four guys running Li-Po batteries in cars weighing the same with the same gearing and motor will all go the same speed no one driver will have a battery advantage. Li-Po is not NiCd/MH and it shares very little with that older technology.

Many thought it was too good to be true but now that many drivers have experienced themselves over the past year it has proven to be just as good as claimed.

I am glad that people have now been able to experience the benefits as it was an uphill battle to overcome those that wanted to keep it out of their customers / competitors hands.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Li-Po's have been around for many years and people have tried to get more them 8.4V out of them some have gotten as much as 8.5 and as low as 8.3 but this was due more to weather and the charger missreading then what they were doing. The true output is virtuslly identical charge after charge for hundreds of cycles if not abused.

The chemistry being what it is, 8.4V for a two cell is basically the standard and it is not adjustable.

Four guys running Li-Po batteries in cars weighing the same with the same gearing and motor will all go the same speed no one driver will have a battery advantage. Li-Po is not NiCd/MH and it shares very little with that older technology.

Many thought it was too good to be true but now that many drivers have experienced themselves over the past year it has proven to be just as good as claimed.

I am glad that people have now been able to experience the benefits as it was an uphill battle to overcome those that wanted to keep it out of their customers / competitors hands.
cliff.. now you just have to get/convince fred to allow the 3200s/4800s into TCS (and im not talking just F103GT).
Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
cliff.. now you just have to get/convince fred to allow the 3200s/4800s into TCS (and im not talking just F103GT).
I beleive from talking to him that if it was solely up to him he would allow it in all classes however he has other factors that he has to consider beyond his own personal preference. maybe as time progresses remember last year at this time people still thought Li-Po's blew up your house, causes a drought, killed the crops, and got your impregnated the family goat.

Now we get daily e-mails and phone calls telling us how Li-Po batteries has saved several clubs from going under by bringing drivers back. There is even an oval organization (ARCOR) that is allowing Li-Po in a class and many thought oval would be the hardest nut to crack.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I learned that I have to gear up when using LiPo but once I did I was just as fast as with the matched IB4200
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

There is even an oval organization (ARCOR) that is allowing Li-Po in a class and many thought oval would be the hardest nut to crack.
ARCOR is doing it more as a club race/spec type class which is great. I dont think there's any way that the lipo's in their current form could be used in all oval classes. Anything faster than 4 cell stock oval now is too fast for about 50% of oval racers. 3200 lipo 19 turn would be crazy fast. 3200 lipo open mod would be retarded fast

Unless they can come up with some sort of voltage regulator or different BL motor's for oval its going to be hard to re structure the classes and still have guys that can handle the speeds of the car's.

Glad to see Arcor take the 1st step though!!

EA
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Also here is a step by step explination on how to wire up a balancer for the Platinum and Carbon Edition batteries. Note* the Carbon edition obviously have the balancing port on the same side as the power ports, so plug in accordingly.
Mr Black,
Can you charge your batt.pack threw this balancer? I know it works when it comes to balancing the pack,but i need to know if i can charge it the same way. I know when it comes to charging my Heli packs it works great.

Chris g.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Legend

Default On a positive note...

I`v been one of the first to race the new Orion 3200 at our track and the reception has been a lot more positive than when I switch to brushless...

A few racer`s even seem eager to ditch the Nk-ML battery`s and all the expensive dis-charger`s and such just for the convenience and durability the Orion 3200 offer`s....
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
IF Tamiya were to make a Lipo pack - then they would have to allow it
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Slightly off-topic, but can anybody confirm that Orion ditched their brushless ESC program?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.