Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
lovely orange to match my MRT MX speedo ,which is real good & `WATER PROOF`
Yes we can do your favourite shade of orange Colin, to match your MX speedo!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
We don't do black
you just lost a customer.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok seaball we'll do a special black one just for you!!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

It may have to be translucent black, we'll have to see...
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Terry S

Can you include pictures of the different customized iPT so we get an idea? Can you give us the cost of the ipt? Thanks
Yellowtaro we don't have pictures of all the customized i-PT colours but you can look at the customized MX pictures to get an idea, the colours are the same as the examples. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=172

The cost of the i-PT is £41.25 GBP, $65 US, 60 EUR each if you take up our offer for replacing your AMB PT with an i-PT. If you just want to buy one the price is £55 GBP. We're still finalising our web pages for the i-PT, all the pricing and ordering details etc will be included there.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

haha.... Terry looks like I'll have to get one to go with Custom MX Pro I just ordered! Gotta have matching gear
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ed, yes gotta have matching gear!!

Your Custom MX Pro is in the next batch currently in production.. Translucent Light Blue!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

What if I want a i-pt but I don't have an AMBpt? Is it possible to use a i-pt without owning a AMBpt (to give you the #)?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taimaster2005
What if I want a i-pt but I don't have an AMBpt? Is it possible to use a i-pt without owning a AMBpt (to give you the #)?
I doubt it since they are usin the number from the AMB one to make the clone. They are not makin their own numbers, just cloning ones you already own from AMB. I would have loved to have had this around before buyin an AMB one for every car I own!!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Very nice work Terry, glad to see the unit is finished and ready to roll or beep as it were
Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pt's

So this is my idea for you you get all these pt's and clone them a guy in america is contacted by an english guy small fee is paid and you clone his pt for the english guy as they are very unlikely to ever race agaist him now that means the english guy can have a cheaper pt and so can the american guys.
Lets make it good for both sides of the pond should only take a data base as long as you know where all the pts come from and people give permision for their numbers to be used got to be good for everyone
Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by taimaster2005
taimaster2005, Yeti35 is correct we can only make replacements for existing PT's so first you must have your own AMB PT.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Conrad
Very nice work Terry, glad to see the unit is finished and ready to roll or beep as it were
Conrad thanks, yes we're ready to beep!!

Originally Posted by i.a.s
get all these pt's and clone them a guy in america is contacted by an english guy small fee is paid and you clone his pt for the english guy as they are very unlikely to ever race agaist him now that means the english guy can have a cheaper pt and so can the american guys
i.a.s good idea!! it's one we have already thought of and you are right, with some co-operation it could work out. What we obviously can't have are duplicate PT numbers in use in the same area, the last thing we want is to cause problems for anyone. That's the reason that the PT owners name (or club name if we clone club 'loaner' or 'handout' transponders) is embedded inside the i-PT, it can easily be identified as belonging to that person/club and only the person/club can obtain cloned i-PT's from us. As an aside has anyone seen any AMBrc rechargeable transponders on the AMB web site? Are they there somewhere? are they still available to buy?? We do have some ideas for improvements and other possibilities for handout transponders for the future as well. For instance, the rechargeable batteries in handout transponders don't seem to last as long between needing replacing the older AMB20 batteries often used to last for a few years!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It will be interesting what AMB does as I can see them easily selling same numbered PT's but just never gave that option. I guess all will be revealed and good on MRT for bringing this product in as it will only benefit the racers.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks danjoy25! It will be interesting to see what AMB does, without any competition to encourage them to develop and improve their transponders etc it's most likely that they would continue with what they have now. I guess they'd prefer it if everyone had a PT, hopefully more people will have in future it does seem to help meetings run better. But there will always be new racers needing a loan PT (handout) or those that won't buy a PT for whatever reason. If it were easier for clubs to have PT's to loan or hire to their members etc it should be a help, we'll have to see if club i-PT's become popular. At least with the clubs name embedded inside the case it will be easy for the club to identify all the i-PT's that belong to them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.