R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/117075-new-improved-personal-transponder-i-pt.html)

Terry_S 06-08-2006 10:30 AM

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

2 Attachment(s)
If you need a replacement or spare personal transponders the new i-PT has advantages over existing PT's. The i-PT is a 'cloned' version on your current ID number. If you have a damaged or broken AMB personal (broken lead etc) an i-PT replacement is now an option.

Specifications:
MRT i-PT Direct Powered Transponder
Overall dimensions: 26 x 22 x 7 mm
Case size: 22 x 22 x 7mm
Weight: 6g (without power lead)
Power feed: from a free rx channel or 'batt'
(user replaceable power lead)
Connection plug: standard servo plug
Operating voltage: 1.5V - 30V DC
Power consumption: approx 20mA @ 6V DC
(same as existing AMBrc PT @ 6V DC)
Power Booster: Yes, maintains 6V output signal
(can operate for 30+ secs if power feed fails)
Reset time: instantaneous (AMBrc PT is approx 1 sec)
Case colour: optional (various colours available)
Display LED: Blue (standard)

or8ital 06-08-2006 10:38 AM

How much in US$'s shipped?

rc_bam226 06-08-2006 10:43 AM

Is it fuel, and/or motor spray resistant?

WhoMe 06-08-2006 10:44 AM

If the price is right I imagine this could get alot of attention.

Terry_S 06-08-2006 10:52 AM

The UK price is £55 (each to buy) but we currently have a limited offer which is replacing a broken or damaged AMB PT (must be working) for £41.25 ($65 US, 60 EUR) shipped.

Punched 06-08-2006 10:56 AM

What information do you need to from the original PT? Just the id #?

Jon Kerr 06-08-2006 11:00 AM

How do you "clone" your existing PT? Do we need to give you the PT number when it's ordered and you program it before you ship? This does look really good and as long as they're not $80-$100 like the AMB are they'll take off. AMB raised their prices dramatically when they realized they had a monopoly on these. I bought my first one for $55 4 years ago and I had to get a new one a month ago and paid $94 for the same damn thing :flaming:

WhoMe 06-08-2006 11:01 AM

Pricey. It would have been killer if you could get them for $65 US and just clone your own working PT number and put that in all of your cars. I bet that would get AMBs panties all in a bunch.

Terry_S 06-08-2006 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Is it fuel, and/or motor spray resistant?

Yes, and tyre additive resistant as well!!

Punched 06-08-2006 11:05 AM

Terry_S-Please PM me. Thank you.

Terry_S 06-08-2006 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Punched
What information do you need to from the original PT? Just the id #?

We need to have the PT so the number can be 'cloned', that's why initially we're offering to replace existing PT's. If you send us a broken or damaged PT that's otherwise useless and just kicking around in your pit box then $65 is not too much to pay for an improved PT.

The i-PT will not miss ANY laps due to power problems.

smojoe 06-08-2006 11:14 AM

what about if we have a personal transponder that is currently in use and we want another of the same code to use in a backup car? (I really don't like to transfer electronics between cars)

Terry_S 06-08-2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
How do you "clone" your existing PT? Do we need to give you the PT number when it's ordered and you program it before you ship? This does look really good and as long as they're not $80-$100 like the AMB are they'll take off. AMB raised their prices dramatically when they realized they had a monopoly on these. I bought my first one for $55 4 years ago and I had to get a new one a month ago and paid $94 for the same damn thing :flaming:

Jon, the PT number can't just be copied to clone a PT, ID# 1234567 is not the same as its output number. Unfortunately we can't program before we ship without having your existing PT, that's how it has to be.

We've done a lot of work to design the i-PT, it costs more than an existing AMB PT to manufacture due to having advanced electronic circuitry inside. The 'booster circuit' alone adds to the cost to produce. We've tried to keep the price down, you are getting an improved PT for your $$$! Plus we're offering a custom spec for the case etc.

Terry_S 06-08-2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by smojoe
what about if we have a personal transponder that is currently in use and we want another of the same code to use in a backup car? (I really don't like to transfer electronics between cars)

smojoe that's the advantage, you can have spare or backup i-PT's all on the same PT ID#. They'll all be on your own ID# so no need to change numbers if you change to another PT.

dr_hfuhuhurr 06-08-2006 11:27 AM

If you were to offer a new PT from a new number that would be great, till then I don't really see a market.

UNLESS...we could probably get one PT for say my Touring Car...then get an i-PT for my 1/12th scale witht he same number. One less number I have it my melon? This would work or no?