Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lets at least give credit to marty who tried to come up with new car designs especially the F1s which are really impressive.

Of course on the quality of the touring car and such, we cannot judge unless we see one of the cars in details - If it s bad, granted, then it s totally not acceptable.
Same goes for not responding to emails on purpose, or facing up the issues with a product.

What i do resent is him being attacked if he has legitimate health issues.

Those are two different topics that should not be mixed..

To be fair, if Marty is definitely guilty of anything, it is to have taken up way too many projects at once, making it impossible for him to keep up with so much work in development and production.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $$$...
And the saga continues.... you could at least edit your avatar.
finally
Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
If the car is not up to standards then the logical thing to do is contact the vendor and ask for a return for your money back. Some kids have parents with credit cards. No one but RC-tech is being defended here. This is not the type of conduct that should be on RC-tech. One flame after another. Jokes about the man. Jokes about the mans health. Jokes about the track he has access to. Seriously. Stick to the Product. Post some pics that tell the story. If you can't see anything in the pics then don't bother.

I agree that it is poor business practice: to send out a less than quality car that will be viewed by others.

Prototype Narrow Pan car with 3-link suspension and Panhard Bar.
you are a genius with pan car design, cant wait to see what you can do to a touring car
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

no one on this thread is saying anything negative about his f1 cars and other cars he makes... this is the touring car thread correct ? or am i lost?

John that car looks awesome !
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is not the first MLP thread that has been trashed. There were two other threads that I am aware of. Yes there are personal insults. Bad health was blamed on lack of protection without any hint of knowlege of the circumstances. There was a worker in Cessnas main multi million dollar repair facility in the composites division that came down with lung cancer. They wear respirators and Gortex Body suits. They put on arm length gloves to pour paint. If you don't have the facts then just be quiet about the situation. You don't have a clue to the causes of someones poor health. Yes there have been personal insults. There have been Pictures of Marty posted with insults under them on the other threads. I wonder if thats the case on this thread in someones avatar. Insults about the track. Yes there have been some bad business practices, but all this personal stuff is beneath you guys with over 1000's of posts on RC-Tech. If you have not seen this stuff then you read with your eyes closed.

And then there is all this speculation crap:
"His answer to my question for selling it so quickly after recieving it was he wanted to go in a different direction. Go in a different direction a week after waiting months for your car ? I think he was scammed as well and was just being nicer than the current customers..... but i could be wrong... But i have noticed he hasnt ever come on here to defend anything or give his insight so i might be correct about it after all" yes that is crap that was rebuffed by another poster. Why put in on here in the first place. It's apparent that you had not even seen the car.
John

Pics are of the narrow and the wide pan car

Thanks for the nice comments on the pan car. It sure is fast. You will notice both are 3 trailing link solid rear axle suspensions with Panhard bar to control side to side movement. The front is fully dampened with dual dynamic A-arms. Tremendous grip on an unprepared track compared to a normal pan car. Yes I am being non topical but all his other threads have been trashed and deleted already. This is the last.
Attached Thumbnails New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-3-link-narrow-pan-car-finished-resized.jpg   New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-three-link-speed-control-002-resized.jpg   New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-wide-pan-car-modifications-finished-resized.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-13-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
If the car is not up to standards then the logical thing to do is contact the vendor and ask for a return for your money back. Some kids have parents with credit cards. No one but RC-tech is being defended here. This is not the type of conduct that should be on RC-tech. One flame after another. Jokes about the man. Jokes about the mans health. Jokes about the track he has access to. Seriously. Stick to the Product. Post some pics that tell the story. If you can't see anything in the pics then don't bother.

I agree that it is poor business practice: to send out a less than quality car that will be viewed by others.

Prototype Narrow Pan car with 3-link suspension and Panhard Bar.
If he has such bad business practices, then why do you associate yourself with his business?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

One can learn from mistakes. So Marty has decided not to increase exposure with discounted models of his car. That is a positive step. Some better quality control would be a positive step. Outsourcing some critical operations like the chassis would be a positive step. Maybe it is as simple as instaling proper ball screw leads on the machinery. Having cars available in a Hobby shop would be a positive step. If I inspect a couple copies of the car and it is good then I can endorse it and we can stock it at my local hobby shop. This is not the case yet. I will have to dissasemble the car if it comes assembled. It is at the Schematic stage. I have no stake at all in the business. Not one dime will come my way. I invite other builders to take on the same design. No one else has showed any interest. We had plenty of friendly discussions on my Pantoura thread. No flames there. I did not sell my name to him. The only thing that may come my way is some equally fast electric competition on my track. You should have seen that thing run on Saturday. To run a touring electric car with this car is embarrasing for the touring car. It is starting to be embarrasing even for the 1/8 scales.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-13-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

having followed john's personal thread from it's inception, i can tell you that john simply wants to share what he is learning and would like his niche in the hobby (PANCARS) to grow... to that end, i imagine he simply would like someone to produce it at a scale he is unable to achieve, furthering the hobby and allowing others to experience his design...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally someone post that make sence around here other than BS. Thanks John.....
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How did the MLP cars do at the ROAR Carpet Nats?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kropy
How did the MLP cars do at the ROAR Carpet Nats?

Lapped by a TT-01 with a missing dogbone and friction shocks!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Finally someone post that make sence around here other than BS. Thanks John.....
can you post pictures of your "team car" ?? the only ones I've seen were the ones that Marty post in here.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
wow thats 2 of you
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

i think this car is like sasquash and the yeti, people say that they exist but no one has actual pictures of them
Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's amazing how few posts are made by the offended and offender, and we should let them settle this between them with out interference from people with nothing better to do and are overly concerned for a young man's well being. Did some of you help him to decide in favor of this car? How many have actually seen and touched this car that's in question? If you haven't where do you get the gall to totally berate someone on nothing but hearsay?Yes, I get the point that Jaime is only 15, that's not the point. What went on between them that nobody knows about? Now if you want to berate me for saying what I said, oh, well... I promise you that I will not lose a wink of sleep over it. If the indirectly involved, would leave it alone this thread would probably die and the same results would be accomplished.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.