Originally Posted by Kropy
I have seen & Drove the car.
and how was it??
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
and how was it??
You know what they say, If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

"Is that your car and what you got? If so I just wanted to note some things...

If he sent you those tires they all look used.
Why are there two different rear body mounts on the rear? One looks foam the other plastic.
Not sure if it's the pics or the actual car but the top turnbuckles that adjust front camber look swept foward...very strange.
Does it have 3 types of ballcups? tamiya, ae, and hpi or something?
Is that a hole on the bottom/back near the tape slot? If so does it overlap the edge of the car?
On the front of the car what or those flare out or things he cut out in the chassis? You can see a hole like something was supposed to mount in there but they pretty much look useless! (the part under the steering turnbuckles)"

Response
I thought I would Respond to some of these very biased questions that are based on the attached photo that was posted earlier. And the post finishes did he use a hacksaw. Well maybe you could cut that battery strap (with logo) and battery cutouts with a hacksaw, but to me they look like CNC machine work.

My touring cars usually have several styles of ballcups. Usually different lengths and different weights to suit the job at hand.

Those funny ears on the front of the chassis look suspiciously like roll bar mounts. You can see the balls studs sticking out of the rear of the front arms.

That hole looks like a spot (maybe with a small hole) on magnifications. Maybe not. It is probably a place to mount the battery strap post when some batts are on the motor side.

That front turnbuckle is swept forward. Some of the Losi guys were actually doing this to try to change geometry. I assure you it has no effect and works as well as one going straight out. Might even resist the crash forces from the front slightly better.

The chassis advantage is being able to put part of your heavy battery load on the left side of the car to balance the car side to side on the scales. Slots are in the back to have a rear weight bias of a couple of ounces which is what I prefer unlike the other postage stamp sized picture I looked at in this thread. If you have not balanced the car it will probably handle poorly. The arms are medium long and the top deck is small. Both of these features would make the car suit asphalt better than carpet.

These questions show more a lack of knowlege of touring cars than defects. Now I have seen the defects written as well. Can't tell from the bad pics. Must have been some holes out of place. Not a bad looking car from the bad pick. You must have to have it in your hand and dissasemble it to see the defects. I bet it would be hard to win a $250 claim in small claims court. Better bring a trained expert. I know this is not a possibility. This does not excuse bad workmanship but just shows the obvious bias against Marty on this thread. If I was not happy I would send it back and ask for my money back. Maybe you have tried this already.

Ok so it had two hexes wrong. Write for the correct parts. This is not a crime against humanity that is worth mentioning in three posts. This is not a first for me. Having the wrong part in the kit box. A wobbly diff is not either. Dissasemble and reassemble it. If it still wobbles then find the errant part and write for a new one. This is not a first for me either on an Associated kit.

Now why is a "Team" driver participating in the destruction of the company. This does not make much sense. Yes that is what you guys are trying to do. You are not serving some noble RC service with all these insults. Heck I saw guys trying to do this to Novak on the Brushless thread. Fortunately the chief tech, Charlie, there is more resistant and the company more established. And your insults continue. How is this helpful.

John
Attached Thumbnails New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-14-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added a discussion of chassis differences.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Now why is a "Team" driver participating in the destruction of the company.
what?!? This is absolutely ridiculous. Jamie should be commended for his patience for waiting 5 months for a POS "car". Lets remember that Jamie is the customer here. What happened to MLP is no one's fault but Marty's. It's called owning up to one's responsibility. Maybe instead of blaming his customers, he should look in the mirror.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

OkEugene-So if you got a discounted version of brand car which puts you on the "team": on the payroll. The thing to do then is have all your friends and yourself point out all its deficiencies on the Web. And a string of insults from said "friends". E-mails from the friends it seems caused the delay and problems in the first place. I thought that one of the purposes of the "team" driver was too improve the product with private reports to the manufacturer. Another purpose of a team driver is to represent yourself in a sportsmanlike fashion to the public. I can't say this for a lot of you guys with team logos in your signatures.

How is this helpful. Have you even seen the car,or the rules of RC-Tech
"The worst part of this is that instead of making things right, Marty just ran. Not only is his car a poorly designed hack job, but instead of coming on here and making things right with the few customers that he does have, he just runs. Not only is his product laughable, but so is his business sense."

john

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-14-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Euge
what?!? This is absolutely ridiculous. Jamie should be commended for his patience for waiting 5 months for a POS "car". Lets remember that Jamie is the customer here. What happened to MLP is no one's fault but Marty's. It's called owning up to one's responsibility. Maybe instead of blaming his customers, he should look in the mirror.
Well then maybe Marty and Jamie should be the only ones posting on this since it only involves those two.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Well then maybe Marty and Jamie should be the only ones posting on this since it only involves those two.
Great play right into Marty's hands, Jamie's a 16 yr old kid, probably why he was scammed, someone saw "Easy Target" he's gone quiet because people have jumped in defended Jamie, you take that away and you're saying Bully's like Marty who SCAM KIDS can continue to do it?

Is that an American value, cos Buddy where I come from, you'd get your a.. kicked for that!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

what the... Nexus and Nexxus? :P

lol
Old 03-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

actually its worse because jamie isnt even 16, he's 14 going to 15!

marty has caused all these problems himself. he caused his health problem himself from not wearing a mask, he got the car lost in transit the first time by not sending it himself and it took like 5 months to send off the second car which is his problem cause its not that hard to send a box thru the mail. god, i ordered a bearing from the US and took only 6 days NON express to get to me in australia, same city as jamie!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pro4_racer
actually its worse because jamie isnt even 16, he's 14 going to 15!

marty has caused all these problems himself. he caused his health problem himself from not wearing a mask, he got the car lost in transit the first time by not sending it himself and it took like 5 months to send off the second car which is his problem cause its not that hard to send a box thru the mail. god, i ordered a bearing from the US and took only 6 days NON express to get to me in australia, same city as jamie!
well remember it probably took 5 months to make the car using a hacksaw
Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well remember it probably took 5 months to make the car using a hacksaw
ouch, that was a low blow. try the car looks like crap. a local ran it but everythime it was close to being setup something else became misaligned. its junk, buy a real tc next time.

-Zac
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
ouch, that was a low blow. try the car looks like crap. a local ran it but everythime it was close to being setup something else became misaligned. its junk, buy a real tc next time.

-Zac
i guess it was low ,i hack it at the knees ,but my appologies for the comments some one will be here shortly to defend marty and mlp
Old 03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

...Maintain the rage! Or are we going to let Marty get away with this?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

if it uses tamiya parts why not just order the bottom and top decks and shock towers and all the junk and you could have a better car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.