Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Yes the charging setup.
So give us some info on it is it all mounted on a platform? are you going to make some kind of case to hold everthing How much are we talking here It might be time to dump the turbo stuff. is it better than my Turbo 35 BL Info Please.

I have been out of the loop for sometime on this stuff Not much time to keep up with making cars and all.

people I have talked to said the Futaba stuff was not as good as our gear - plus most of us here date back to the Jurassic period and don't like change
Old 09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Marty,
I love the futaba stuff. Competition Electronics had been behind the 8 ball for at least 5 years. I hated my GFX. I used it more for running motors than charging.
The tray started out as a Integy 0-30. I wanted to use the cable and clips that came with the CDR 5000 charger to monitor individual cell voltage but when you hook them up it looks like a spider attacked your batteries. So I got an Idea. If I gutted the 0-30 then I could attache the cable to the board and just pop in my pack. Then I added the temp sensor under the batteries so that my temp peak would work. I left the two fans in the back of the 0-30 but turned them around so they would blow cool air on the batteries if I felt it was too hot outside. All I have to do is plug in the 12v banana jacks and the fans work. I am thinking of adding a second set of jacks to the unit so I can just plug in my charge leads and use the tray as a connection.

In short It cools, monitors, senses temp and possibly charges!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Ok Fred crashed the site lastnight!!!! Im telling

That was I have never seen that before.
How did I crash the site?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Marty,the Futaba is everything that your CE chargers are, except motor run. The other nice feature is radio charging. It has an entire separate charger for your radio or receiver packs. You can charge or disch at the same time.

The tray is a nice addition but a bit bulky. I ended up selling my setup due to space constraints, other than that it is a great conversion.

Hope all is getting better, good to see some of the projects coming along also.

RCOld man didn't I end up with your old GFX? I know it came from someone there on the East Coast

Dan
Old 09-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Possibly I'm not sure
Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Marty,
I love the futaba stuff. Competition Electronics had been behind the 8 ball for at least 5 years. I hated my GFX. I used it more for running motors than charging.
The tray started out as a Integy 0-30. I wanted to use the cable and clips that came with the CDR 5000 charger to monitor individual cell voltage but when you hook them up it looks like a spider attacked your batteries. So I got an Idea. If I gutted the 0-30 then I could attache the cable to the board and just pop in my pack. Then I added the temp sensor under the batteries so that my temp peak would work. I left the two fans in the back of the 0-30 but turned them around so they would blow cool air on the batteries if I felt it was too hot outside. All I have to do is plug in the 12v banana jacks and the fans work. I am thinking of adding a second set of jacks to the unit so I can just plug in my charge leads and use the tray as a connection.

In short It cools, monitors, senses temp and possibly charges!

Quite Impressive and Functional Now I want one LOL.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

How did I crash the site?

I thought it was you your post came up and the site went down LOL.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Difuser
Marty,the Futaba is everything that your CE chargers are, except motor run. The other nice feature is radio charging. It has an entire separate charger for your radio or receiver packs. You can charge or disch at the same time.

The tray is a nice addition but a bit bulky. I ended up selling my setup due to space constraints, other than that it is a great conversion.

Hope all is getting better, good to see some of the projects coming along also.

RCOld man didn't I end up with your old GFX? I know it came from someone there on the East Coast

Dan
I see thanks Dan

Think I might need to go with the Futaba stuff well if I pay for it and get Fred to hook it all up I might LOL.

OK well back to work CNC is got a Bug and I need to working it out ~ Now where did I put the BF hammer!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

DONT TAKE A HAMMER TO THE MACHINERY!!!!

Just send me a 0-30 a Futaba Thermo tray and the harness and I will hook you up!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Oh Man but I had to the bugs were making me Nuts LOL Well I just hooked up the new controller and that looks like it work good thing to I do not like to see carbon fiber chassis get trashed right at the end on a run kinda makes me crazzzzzy I guess.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Marty, what type of bumper is the chassis set up for? I want to get a pdub for the car and want to order the right one.

Tom
Old 09-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo BD ok .
Old 09-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lower Chassis are cut and shock towers cutting the last motor mount right now that 20 hrs each motor mount and then the front and rear bulk heads and waiting on a order from Japan and if all works out just right when I finish making the parts the order should hit so I would say we are good right now!
Old 09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Marty, How things looking for the car? Not trying to bug you and drive you nute just really looking forward to getting the car and getting a chance to show it off I have a body and Novle brushless on the way and I am about to order some spare suspension stuff for it so I will be ready. Can you tell me what the final drive ration for the car is so I can print out some rollout charts?
Thanks,
Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.