Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes Drew He will be out there I also think he is looking to get an F1 class going there as well!

He will post here also of the dates and where he will be ok!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115568
Old 06-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I will be at SoCal later this week to demo the MLP X10P4 and the F201 SCF-PRO. I am trying to get an Unlimited F1 series going at Socal, let me know if you are interested. I am currently in San Francisco through Monday, if anyone wants to see the MLP F201 SCF-PRO up here, please contact me. Within the next two weeks, I will demo at SoCal, KZ Speedway, Hobbytown USA, HobbyLand, and maybe Pegasus Hobbies in Ontario, CA. Please let me know if you live in the Southern California area and would like to see these cars so I can make my exact demo schedule.Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to show you guys this car, it's awesome!!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Dragonfire, While I agree it would be useful, Vertical is more of a fine tuning of chassis roll. Now if you look at the plates that Marty is making there is room to add further holes for the option of length on the upper arm. It is prolly a revision you will see on a later production model.
I fully agree... I usually use 4mm spacers under the outboard link on my t2 to increase rear end stability as grip is usually not the problem. But I also change between long and short low settings on the rear to adjust the "initial" turn in on some tracks, espcially if there is few chicanes. I have had the T2 since it came out and I do get annoyed sometimes when I know a shorter upper link in the rear would be better but I can't change it anymore cause the x-ray only has about 3mm adjustment. (I don't use the outer option as it is crap)

I have been considering if I want to change to a different car at the end of the year or get the next x-ray... Having driven a few different cars I find the x-ray is rather un-responsive to setup changes excluding shock settings. I have often prefered the sensetivity of my tamiya espcially for roll center changes but the drivetrain wear is unbelivable which is why I like the xray. would be good to get the best of both worlds.

I have been watching the "scythe" doin laps down here in oz and have been impressed with it. This chassis is looking even better but with brushless power and 4200+ cells the drivetrain "MUST" be great so you don't have to replace diff/oneway outdrives every meet. Dogbone blades (like xray/corrally) are a must at both ends. I also would prefer the biggest possible pins through the CVD's as that is also one of the weaker points in a drivetrain.

Keep up the good work Marty Peterson.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for the compliments and suggestions! The MLP X10P4 will have the most tuning options available, while still maintaining functional simplicity and ease of maintenence. Just to let you know, all MLP cars are fully capable of handling high-power brushless systems (I test them on up to 14.4v, 4-cell li-po!!!! I agree with your suggestions on the outdrive rings and such. Also, this car will be very easy to maintain/change setups for various tracks.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Just to let everyone know, the MLP X10P4 will be available with the customers preferred setup: You will be able to choose your dampers, diff setup, etc. Tamiya, Yokomo, HPI, etc. Solid spool, one-way, ball diff, etc. When you order your car, you simply choose what you like (from the choices available). MLP cars are true race machines, and are built to order. Don't forget to place your pre-orders on the MLP website between now and July 4th, as the list continues to grow. Thanks for your time!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Sent you guys at MLP an e-mail @ salesmlp.comcast.net I never got a reply...
Old 06-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

RC Old Man Well sorry but if you can re-send it ok
Thanks
Old 06-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Sure its on it's way.
Check your junk mail.
I have a verizon.com email and I've had problems with it going to junk.
[email protected]
Thanks!
Old 06-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

RC Old Man, you should recieve an email from me. Let me know when you do, tahnks.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Got it!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, don't forget that between now and July 4th, you save $60 on your X10P4!!! This car will compete with all the big boys out there, at a reasonable price! MLP is able to do this because:
1. Everything you need on the car, nothing you don't.
2. We don't sell our name, we sell professional R/C racecars.
3. We are not corporate! We never will be! No factories! No assembly line!

There are no manufacturer errors, every MLP car that rolls out of the shop is perfect! Just like buying a real racecar.
Thanks to everyone for the support and compliments, as Marty said, MLP is here to stay!!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Marty,
You have voice mail!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Got it Thanks.

I didn't get back till late.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anybody have any additional questions about the MLP X10P4? Remember, we provide 24/7 customer/tech support!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

YGPM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.