Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1468Likes

GT12-RT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 10:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rules seem ok for the few I’ll probably do that will use them.

Last nights
B-main
https://youtu.be/6oG9HHPF7cI

A-main
https://youtu.be/MX2csCVzFWc
Old 03-30-2023, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Its obvious you did not like my simple answer. Like the last big post it was taken down within hours of me posting but it got the job done. There is no rule that I can think of about the min. diameter of a foam tire? Why is there one one the rubber tire? Just who do you think got rules to include foams when they were totally left out? but he the President ((Mr. Young) does not always answer emails. You might also ask about the min. weight for bodies? where did that come from?It looks like they had problems with the WGT-R guys and maybe it filtered down to this class( but not here in Florida).If you are going to scrap the bodies that light you really have to be desperate to attempt to win a race. Oh well we will see how long this post stays up. still write to your President and region directors - maybe they can help you like mine did .
There used to be no trueing rule for foam GT12 in the mid west. I don't remember how it was worded or who all used it. I didn't run the class back then because foam sucks.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Don't have a clue where they came up with the diameter info? Send your question to the PRESIDENT.
I’m thinking the min/max tire size for the SJT Rubber tires was to help to reduce the truing/sanding of the tires down between rounds.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I see them trying to make GT12 as a friendlier entry level for 1/12. The 21.5 isn't that demanding on the car or driver, Thicker bodies last longer, GT bodies themselves are less sensitive to having damage then LMP as will as having a certain appeal to them. Rubber tires last longer and Don't require a expensive truer to start. The min tire size is odd as it really doesn't limit one run tires. I would just run them out of the package trued up to be even If necessary and save them for 17.5 once they hit that minimum. As for asphalt only I don't see it as a huge problem.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You have forgotten the big thing when Rubber tires came out that they don't do now- Trueing. They said over and over just put them on and no more trueing! , just clean them. Now they skim the tires after each round? As for a min on Foams we take our foams and when they get low we have carpet tires. Racing is racing and tires or body are expenses- name a hobby that does not have expenses? If you want to have fun- it cost something. Again on the rules contact they President-your region director and the electric chairperson. and complain here- then you will get results.
Just to go back in time before many of you were around. We had a lawyer from Miami, Fla that would use two or three cans of paint and lightly mist the body. The window were clear and it was techinically called painted. You could barely see the paint and could see thru the body of his ASC 1/12th but it was legal. Define what is painted?
Nego and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

why are you so tedious
Rick Vessell and hunterdawg like this.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Again on the rules contact they President-your region director and the electric chairperson. and complain here- then you will get results.
You really don't think we have done this?
Go back to your foam hole.
Rick Vessell and hunterdawg like this.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Because ! You cant handle the answers!
Nego likes this.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You have forgotten the big thing when Rubber tires came out that they don't do now- Trueing. They said over and over just put them on and no more trueing! , just clean them. Now they skim the tires after each round? As for a min on Foams we take our foams and when they get low we have carpet tires.
I hate to break it to you but nobody is skimming tires at our club races, where there is usually 15-20 gt cars. Sure, it's going to happen at big races. Everything is working fine on the local level, and the rubber tires are a huge factor.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Just getting into 12th scale. Bought an older CRC Xi to get my feet wet in the GT12 class. anyone have a baseline setup to work with on black carpet?
Old 04-02-2023, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

robk,

Here is a basic starting point. If you don't have a setup station, ask to borrow one at your track so you can get the Toe and camber setting right. It would be worth investing in one as it will get used a lot.

Ride height min is 3mm I would start at 3.2 front and 3.4-3.5mm rear

One degree of toe out on the front wheels

One degree of camber

Four to six degrees of caster.

1mm rear pod droop. This is set by the length of the center shock. Check youtube for videos on how to measure and set this. It's important to get it right and while there look up how to tweak and adjust for it.

I'm not familiar enough with the CRC car to recommend springs, so check with your local racers and see what they are using.

This should get you in the ball park.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Holford
robk,

Here is a basic starting point. If you don't have a setup station, ask to borrow one at your track so you can get the Toe and camber setting right. It would be worth investing in one as it will get used a lot.

Ride height min is 3mm I would start at 3.2 front and 3.4-3.5mm rear

One degree of toe out on the front wheels

One degree of camber

Four to six degrees of caster.

1mm rear pod droop. This is set by the length of the center shock. Check youtube for videos on how to measure and set this. It's important to get it right and while there look up how to tweak and adjust for it.

I'm not familiar enough with the CRC car to recommend springs, so check with your local racers and see what they are using.

This should get you in the ball park.
I run the CRC CK25-AR
.45mm side springs in the outer (but not over the links) hole. I have .50mm on the front. Start with the battery forward for a easier to drive car. CRC quirks.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

what weight oil in center shock
Old 04-03-2023, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

You should be fine with 30wt. That shock moves so little during a run that the oil weight is way down the tuning list. Get used to the car first with the other setup advice and then work on the fine tuning.
davidl and simple like this.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Awesome race series at our local track. GT-12R for 5 weeks. We averaged 18 entries a week. Equal points for qualifying (100 point scale) and main run. Mains finish order was based on laps as if all cars ran together. Yesterdays "B" had three cars with better runs than the last three in the "A" so they earned more points for their main. Over the 5 weeks you had two drops of your lowest points either qual or main run. It was a huge amount of fun and very competitive. Yesterdays "B" featured 5 cars with 28 lap runs in 5:03.xxx. The "A" had 3 cars that ran 28's only slightly faster. That was very cool stuff and I have been doing this since 88.
gwhiz, mrreet2001 and Greg Holford like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.