Search
Like Tree620Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SH
Does anyone know what Mugen spring would equivalent to 3racing orange 2.75?

Old 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know if the sport lower arms can be installed on a cero ultra v2 (short wheelbase) carbon chassis plate?
Old 01-30-2024, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xtracrispy
does anyone know if the sport lower arms can be installed on a cero ultra v2 (short wheelbase) carbon chassis plate?
The front will work but the rear will not.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:25 PM
ms
Tech Rookie

Is there an upgrade path from the v1 Ultra to the v2 Ultra, or would it even be worth it? What exactly has changed between the two?
Old 01-31-2024, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ms
Is there an upgrade path from the v1 Ultra to the v2 Ultra, or would it even be worth it? What exactly has changed between the two?
Chassis, top decks, lower arms, belts, shock towers, rear body mount plate and upper arms are all fronts. I think that is it.
ms likes this.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

3racings website has the aluminum shock and sway bar mounts back in stock for the ultra v2
Old 01-31-2024, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rvogt
3racings website has the aluminum shock and sway bar mounts back in stock for the ultra v2
So what is the preferred combo for durability on the lower shock/sway mount? Is it the aluminum mount with steel pivot balls?
Old 01-31-2024, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Newwave.george
So what is the preferred combo for durability on the lower shock/sway mount? Is it the aluminum mount with steel pivot balls?
I’ll be honest my cero v2 did maybe 5 laps before I hit a pipe and broke the plastic mount. I’d say that would be the move if you are friends with the wall like I am. But I am by no means a expert
Old 01-31-2024, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rvogt
I’ll be honest my cero v2 did maybe 5 laps before I hit a pipe and broke the plastic mount. I’d say that would be the move if you are friends with the wall like I am. But I am by no means a expert
So just the mount breaks? I was under the impression that the ball
studs were also a weak point. Thanks for your info…it’s appreciated.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

So just the mount breaks? I was under the impression that the ball
studs were also a weak point. Thanks for your info…it’s appreciated.
I have over a year on the V1 and the only ball stud that I have broken is on the upper arms at the bulkhead. I have bent a few of those too. I did break the lower composite shock sway bar mount on the V2 but it was a really hard hit. I rep[laced those with the aluminum ones. I have never broken or bent the shock or sway bar mount ball studs.
Our track is close cntact racing and the outer wall is solid (indoor, black carpet). It is easy to break things.
Isaac likes this.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you upgrade to alu, you're just going to transfer the damage to something else. It might be the ball stud, the screws holding the little mounts on, it might just pop off the arm. I took the approach to just get a bunch of plastic ones and see how it goes. If it starts being a race ender issue, then I'll probably be getting the alu mounts myself, but in terms of easiest thing to fix, those little plastic mounts are easier to replace than shock shafts or the ball stud sheering off and having to replace both the ball stud and alu mount. Just a thought.
Robio likes this.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Razathorn
If you upgrade to alu, you're just going to transfer the damage to something else. It might be the ball stud, the screws holding the little mounts on, it might just pop off the arm. I took the approach to just get a bunch of plastic ones and see how it goes. If it starts being a race ender issue, then I'll probably be getting the alu mounts myself, but in terms of easiest thing to fix, those little plastic mounts are easier to replace than shock shafts or the ball stud sheering off and having to replace both the ball stud and alu mount. Just a thought.
The issue is the plastic is weaker and the ball stub used there has a very short thread engagement. It just leverages the engagement and breaks the plastic. I have designed a lot of parts since 1971 (start of my engineering years). The plastic one and ball stud combo is bad.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Something to try out this weekend

Old 02-06-2024, 05:12 PM
ms
Tech Rookie

Just picked up a V1 Cero Ultra and looking to convert it to an ACE - do I just need the ACE aluminum chassis, one-piece upper deck, and 2x 351 belts? Also wondering what spares are recommended to keep on hand?
alb likes this.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default What ver?

If I was yo buy new cero what version would be best for me? I run on 7-8 short older black carpet med grip 21.5 tc. Ace or v2 . What springs would you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.