Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

in regards to the xray center one way for the tc5....confirmed?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Team STPN
When you switched to spool did you make any other changes?? The carpet we run on has tons of bite on it (they actually spray the track) and it seems the set up you posted is for meduim bite carpet. Any suggestions on any changes would really help out, thanks...
I go to alot of races every year and the Novak race always has the most traction. That setup works on the highest of bite.
The only things I changed were 6 deg castor and a full long rear link.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

what is the difference betwenn the spool and oneway
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike nelson
While practicing for the Novak I could run a 41/100 on the 13.5 LRP and it stayed in the 150's for temp. compared to Josh who had 40/100 on his 13.5, but I didn't have the timing advanced much more than it comes stock from LRP.
thanx mike i will start there. i assume this is with an lrp speedo. i have the tekin rs and with the new boost timing feature. i know i have to gear at least 3 teeth lower
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
I go to alot of races every year and the Novak race always has the most traction. That setup works on the highest of bite.
Josh,thanks for the help,needed more than 2 packs of practice,car was getting close had a tire unglue in the main hope to race with you again soon.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

got my kit built...question on balancing the car. Motor side is way heavier than what I'm fimilar with (tc4ft with motor running front to back parallel w/ the drive shaft, unlike the tc5 just poke'n out the side..and the tc4 was perfectly balanced w/ the packs I was running). Is anyone adding lead to even out the heavy motor side? I'm using a GTB/13.5 & airtronic 360 servo on that side and smc 5k lipo (thinks its about 280grams) on the other.

I placed some lead on both sides of the battery (about 15grams on both sides, front and rear on the chassis)just to see..seemed alot better balanced on the hand scales but 30grams is alot of lead imo. So is it better to be lighter and deal w/ the 'uneveness' or balance it and lug the dead weight around? ...or run a bigger/heavier pack?

I like novak gear but they need a lighter & smaller foot print!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
got my kit built...question on balancing the car. Motor side is way heavier than what I'm fimilar with (tc4ft with motor running front to back parallel w/ the drive shaft, unlike the tc5 just poke'n out the side..and the tc4 was perfectly balanced w/ the packs I was running). Is anyone adding lead to even out the heavy motor side? I'm using a GTB/13.5 & airtronic 360 servo on that side and smc 5k lipo (thinks its about 280grams) on the other.

I placed some lead on both sides of the battery (about 15grams on both sides, front and rear on the chassis)just to see..seemed alot better balanced on the hand scales but 30grams is alot of lead imo. So is it better to be lighter and deal w/ the 'uneveness' or balance it and lug the dead weight around? ...or run a bigger/heavier pack?

I like novak gear but they need a lighter & smaller foot print!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Most of us who are running a lipo have to add quite a bit of lead to the car to bring it up to legal weight. I've got probably 6 oz of extra weight on the car and it's about 5 grams above the legal weight.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
Most of us who are running a lipo have to add quite a bit of lead to the car to bring it up to legal weight. I've got probably 6 oz of extra weight on the car and it's about 5 grams above the legal weight.
yep. you have to add weight. I have the SMC 5k pack in my car. I'm using the PPD SS plate under the battery and the Specialized battery tray. With some careful placement of my electronics that balances out the car. With a lightweight body I still had to add about 20g to make the 1510g limit at the Novak race.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Since you guy's are on the subject, do you use a lipo plate which i think is around 7 grams (not sure) and then add the weights where needed to get it balanced.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
6! So adding 1oz aint nothing! lol. We don't run roar rules, no weight limits...just club'n. I'm thinking it's better to have it heavier but balanced for consistency...

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikel33
yep. you have to add weight. I have the SMC 5k pack in my car. I'm using the PPD SS plate under the battery and the Specialized battery tray. With some careful placement of my electronics that balances out the car. With a lightweight body I still had to add about 20g to make the 1510g limit at the Novak race.
anyone got links to that plate & tray?...I usually just tape the packs. but curious.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I moved some things around to get the balance right

Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default plate

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
anyone got links to that plate & tray?...I usually just tape the packs. but curious.
I went with the Manutech plate, mine came marked at 182g , I drilled out the holes in the center of the plate to balance the car. I also used a dremel and made little sections for the battery to set down inside to help keep the battery locked in. I know you can get it from Manutech or Stormer also carries them, just look under Manutech at stormer hobbies. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-img_0055.jpg   Team Associated TC5-img_0056.jpg  
Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

http://www.ppdbillet.com/ - link to the plate I used. I don't use the side plate, that's too much weight.

http://www.corallyusa.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SRC79867!SRC - battery tray
Old 01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
So let me get this right, same set up, spool, 6 degree caster and full long link are the changes?? Wow I must be a DA but what do you mean by a full long rear link???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.