Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

I heard people have problems with tightning the diff and the nut stripping out. Is this a common problem?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
I heard people have problems with tightning the diff and the nut stripping out. Is this a common problem?
i had that problem when i first built my kit but i found very quickly that u dont have to tighten it that tight and a little secret use a t nut for the t3 it works alot better
Old 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
i had that problem when i first built my kit but i found very quickly that u dont have to tighten it that tight and a little secret use a t nut for the t3 it works alot better
Ok thanks I want to purchase this car but I just wanted to know if this was a big problem.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Finished building my TC5R. Bought a DNA2 body and cut it... I was disappointed to see the TC5 bumper is too long and hitting the body.

So what Protoform shell can I use that will fit the tc5r without modifying the foam bumper?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the R-9 might but speed 6 works

Last edited by Jim S; 01-05-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airflow
Finished building my TC5R. Bought a DNA2 body and cut it... I was disappointed to see the TC5 bumper is too long and hitting the body.

So what Protoform shell can I use that will fit the tc5r without modifying the foam bumper?

Try the parma ulitmate bumper. I currently run one with the r-9 body and fits perfect. You can always sand the original bumper and little to make it fit.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you want a mazda speed 6 or regular 6 the only 2 bodies you will ever need
Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey josh, what axle nuts do you use with the hex spacers. i cant seem to find any that will allow the nylon in the lock nut to reach the axle. the setup is working awesome for me but my wheels keep loosening up all the time thanx
Old 01-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

if it's feasible mount the nuts backward, nylon first
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanx alberto but i cant find any without a flange
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey josh, what axle nuts do you use with the hex spacers. i cant seem to find any that will allow the nylon in the lock nut to reach the axle. the setup is working awesome for me but my wheels keep loosening up all the time thanx
alberto has the right idea i used to do it back in the tc3 days and the t3 with certain wheels on the t3 u have to put them on that way hope it helps
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I'm not too experienced w/ road racing, but I'm looking at a Factory Team TC5. They're $280 on Amain right now and I think there is a $25 coupon until the 9th.

What is the dimensions of the battery tray? What's the biggest Lipo battery you can run? I'm thinking of a castle creation setup, in there, perhaps something in the 6xxx kV range.
Anyone?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Delete double post...

Last edited by Lebatek; 01-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

PADAILEY:

I have been running a setup nearly identical to what Kevin Hebert posted a couple pages back on this thread for the TC5 on carpet with foam. It is easy to drive and very responsive (a unique combination) but can be toned down a bit by slightly raising the front ride height to nearly equal ride heights or even a hair higher in front (less than .25mm higher). It will all depend on how agressive you want it, and how much traction your surface will have. I'm guessing that after a couple of hours of solid running, it will increase from wherever it is now.

We typically run magenta compound foams all around with full saucing in the rear and anywhere from 1/8 to 1/3 of the inside fronts. I prefer Paragon Ground Effects. Another way to tone down the agressiveness is to take a step back in coupounds and go back to double-pink rears and double-pink orange fronts. Many of our locals prefer the easier-to-drive feel of them...

The key thing with the TC5 will be to copy the EXACT setup. Missing one or two small setup items (even by a mm or two) can make a HUGE difference in performance. I help out many racers locally who say they have a certain setup on the car, and after some observation, in reality they have "some" of that setup on their car. Make sure to put the exact setup on and have someone double check the car. Camber is also very crucial on the TC5, so be sure to start at 3 in the rear, 2 up front...use a setup station if possible. The Protoform R9 is the best body I have found for foam.

Good luck!

REARVIEWMIRROR:

Reedy's original 5000mah LiPo batteries are approximately 46mm X 139mm X 24mm and they can be used with the stock battery strap. However, many of us are running the Diggity Design carbon fiber tray along with the PD Billet stainless steel weight that fit into the existing battery slots when running LiPo.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lebatek
PADAILEY:

I have been running a setup nearly identical to what Kevin Hebert posted a couple pages back on this thread for the TC5 on carpet with foam. It is easy to drive and very responsive (a unique combination) but can be toned down a bit by slightly raising the front ride height to nearly equal ride heights or even a hair higher in front (less than .25mm higher). It will all depend on how agressive you want it, and how much traction your surface will have. I'm guessing that after a couple of hours of solid running, it will increase from wherever it is now.

We typically run magenta compound foams all around with full saucing in the rear and anywhere from 1/8 to 1/3 of the inside fronts. I prefer Paragon Ground Effects. Another way to tone down the agressiveness is to take a step back in coupounds and go back to double-pink rears and double-pink orange fronts. Many of our locals prefer the easier-to-drive feel of them...

The key thing with the TC5 will be to copy the EXACT setup. Missing one or two small setup items (even by a mm or two) can make a HUGE difference in performance. I help out many racers locally who say they have a certain setup on the car, and after some observation, in reality they have "some" of that setup on their car. Make sure to put the exact setup on and have someone double check the car. Camber is also very crucial on the TC5, so be sure to start at 3 in the rear, 2 up front...use a setup station if possible. The Protoform R9 is the best body I have found for foam.

Good luck!
Thanks... its going to be quite a challenge! We certainly don't want to fight an ill handling car for 4 hours. That's following a 2.4 hour mini enduro in the morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.