Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi guys i just bought a tc5 on rctech so far looks like an awsome car will will see this weekend. anyways i noticed when i spin the belts i spur wobbles a bit just wondering if this is normal
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
hi guys i just bought a tc5 on rctech so far looks like an awsome car will will see this weekend. anyways i noticed when i spin the belts i spur wobbles a bit just wondering if this is normal
Are all four of the screws tight? Check and make sure the two shims are on either side of the lay shaft. What kind of spur is it? They are not always perfectly flat. I have found the RW's work good on the car.

RedRocket
Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

im pretty sure that its the stock spur and i looks i wobbles like maybe a little less that a quarter of an inch. onther question, is the box stock setup pretty descent for asphalt?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as the spur wobble, I had the same issue last week when I built my TC5. Make sure the three screws that you fasten the spur gear aren't too long. I put the wrong screws in mine and it wobbled something made.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default steering problem

hi all just a quick one im having problems with my tc5 steering way more to the left then the right.i have pulled the car apart twice and cannot find the the problem.now all the links are even servo is centre shocks are all good and there is no tweak.if any one knows the solution it would be great.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmiki
hi all just a quick one im having problems with my tc5 steering way more to the left then the right.i have pulled the car apart twice and cannot find the the problem.now all the links are even servo is centre shocks are all good and there is no tweak.if any one knows the solution it would be great.
Check the end point adjustments on your radio. make sure they are even. A trick that I was taught is to set the car down next to your foot and steer all the way to the left and make a circle at about 15% throttle. If the car ends up where is started then your steering for that direction is good. If not, make adjustments accordingly based on your result. Next, turn the car around and repeat the process. This should get you in the ballpark. You can check it the throw on a setup station later if you have one.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default steering problem

yeah i have checked the throw on a set up board and its even but when im on the track its way more aggressive to the left then right.it has left me scratching my head.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmiki
Check to make sure that your car is balanced left and right. Also make sure that your toe, camber, castor, droop, shock, ride height, etc settings are the same on both sides.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

I have been having issues lately with stripping spur gears. This is the 3rd spur gear that I have stripped in 2 race days (never stripped one prior). Anyone else had this problem. I dont think its a gear mesh issue. I can run 2 quals and then in the main the spur starts to build up resistance and is chunked out. Something else that I noticed is that if I loosed the battery strap that it helped with reducing the resistance between the spur and pinion. Could it be that the chasis is getting tweaked because of the battery strap tightness??

Also I noticed that the spur gear has some front/rear slop when I move it with my hand. It will move about a 1/4 of an inch prior to engaging with the gears. Is this normal?

I am running a 120/42.

Chirag
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

I want to run the hard components with carpet/rubber on a med-high bite track. Do you suggest getting all the hard components or will the arms suffice? I run the diggity designs alu minum front 6 deg castor blocks.

Also what deg offset rear hub carriers should I get? I am currently running 2 degrees of toe in at the chassis and 0 deg at the hub. I was considering getting 0.5 deg toe in hub for rear.

Chirag
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I have been having issues lately with stripping spur gears. This is the 3rd spur gear that I have stripped in 2 race days (never stripped one prior). Anyone else had this problem. I dont think its a gear mesh issue. I can run 2 quals and then in the main the spur starts to build up resistance and is chunked out. Something else that I noticed is that if I loosed the battery strap that it helped with reducing the resistance between the spur and pinion. Could it be that the chasis is getting tweaked because of the battery strap tightness??

Also I noticed that the spur gear has some front/rear slop when I move it with my hand. It will move about a 1/4 of an inch prior to engaging with the gears. Is this normal?

I am running a 120/42.

Chirag
Check and make sure the screw that goes through the motor mount into the bulk head is still there. Mine feel out during a heat and gradually through the meeting stripped the spur gear.

Keiran
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am running a 120/42.

Chirag

I had the same issue and I was using Robinson Spur using just two screws to hold it. What happened was the two screws pulled the center pulley gear material just a little and made the spur gear not lay flat between the pulley gear and the spur gear. It got worse tightening it also.

My solution was to sand the pulley gear as flat as possible where it meets the spur gear and installed Kimbrough spur which allows you to use three screws instead of two. Also I CA'd the center pulley gear all together. There is a lot of slop in between the gears causing more stress on the pulley

Last edited by zake540; 03-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm sure i am going to take a beating for this, but I have found that xray spur gears work really well on the TC5, they run true and are direct fit. Its something that has worked for me.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Same here on the X ray
Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I want to run the hard components with carpet/rubber on a med-high bite track. Do you suggest getting all the hard components or will the arms suffice? I run the diggity designs alu minum front 6 deg castor blocks.

Also what deg offset rear hub carriers should I get? I am currently running 2 degrees of toe in at the chassis and 0 deg at the hub. I was considering getting 0.5 deg toe in hub for rear.

Chirag
Caster blocks are probably what flex the most. So you might not find much benefit in changing the rest if you are already running aluminum. Worth a shot but the change might be minimal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.