Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Are the IIC setups going to be posted up on website? It would be good to see some more carpet/rubber setups
This one is easy. Juho's LRP Masters set-up is what we always use. We could add more, but they would all be the same :-)
Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

What is everyone doing about keeping the diff's lubed?

After one day of racing/practice, all the lube has been spun out of the diff, leaving the diff balls relatively unprotected. Upon inspection all the diff grease is all over the belt pulley and the center of the chassis.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am using the Schumacher diff lube for the Mi2/3. It is a bit thicker than the stealth lube and makes the diff last longer.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

so any ideas on when they will post some of the carpet foam set ups?i am in desperate need of some lol
Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Rick, so how much rear toe-in were you guys running on your rubber cars? For some reason, when I look at the setup sheet (Juho) it says 3.5 at the top but at the bottom it says 3. What am I missing?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kraig
Rick, so how much rear toe-in were you guys running on your rubber cars? For some reason, when I look at the setup sheet (Juho) it says 3.5 at the top but at the bottom it says 3. What am I missing?

It must be a misprint. We used 3 degrees although I did try 3.5 degrees when the traction was lower. Once it increased I went back to 3.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is anyone using the Titanium Racing layshaft?? I tried it tonight (putting it in the car) and the front belt is too close to the spur gear. Has anyone else had any issues? Cheers
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Brandon, what was more popular this past weekend...spool or one-way?
Some people went back and forth between spools and one ways. Everyone ended up on the oneway for IIC. The track doesn't have any breaking points. If on a smaller track or somewhere where brakes are needed, use a spool. I personally liked the way the spool felt, but if you tapped the boards it would break the drive blade on occasion causing it to eat the spool up. My car steered just as much with the spool.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shev
Is anyone using the Titanium Racing layshaft?? I tried it tonight (putting it in the car) and the front belt is too close to the spur gear. Has anyone else had any issues? Cheers
Hey Shev,

Give me a holla.

I run the TIR layshaft as you know.

- Leonard.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Can you use Kimbrough or PRS spurs on this car?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Kimbrough= yes

PRS I don't know as I have not tried it. From the looks of the bolt pattern any gear should fit.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

As far as making stiffer arms... I am all for it. There must be some reason the companies who are very sucessful on foam tires such as xray and corally have all come out with extra hard arms that the foam tire guys use .. Why would corally and xray waste time , effort and money in designing and testing something that "ISNT NEEDED". I know i am not an engineer, but many many racers who have looked over and checked out my car have all said the same things.. those arms need to be stiffer. The soft arms that come with the FT TC5 is part of why the TC5 is amazing on rubber tires. ( also why xray came out with softer arms for the rubber tire cars )

Dont get me wrong this car is very good but it is just a few $$ Hop Up $$ parts away from being incredible.. Hop Up parts are also a nice way for associated to cash in . Especially when there are tons of people hoping and wishing for them.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I use PRS gears on my TC5 and they work just fine.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
As far as making stiffer arms... I am all for it. There must be some reason the companies who are very sucessful on foam tires such as xray and corally have all come out with extra hard arms that the foam tire guys use .. Why would corally and xray waste time , effort and money in designing and testing something that "ISNT NEEDED". I know i am not an engineer, but many many racers who have looked over and checked out my car have all said the same things.. those arms need to be stiffer. The soft arms that come with the FT TC5 is part of why the TC5 is amazing on rubber tires. ( also why xray came out with softer arms for the rubber tire cars )

Dont get me wrong this car is very good but it is just a few $$ Hop Up $$ parts away from being incredible.. Hop Up parts are also a nice way for associated to cash in . Especially when there are tons of people hoping and wishing for them.
I can't help but be bothered by the fact that Rick stated that the AE Team racers have been struggling with carpet racing on the TC5. After all, wasn't the TC5 designed to be a carpet car? Anyway, I agree, it doesn't take much R&D to mold/cast new arms, lipo batt trays, aluminum hubs, stiffer carbon steering knuckels, aluminum wheelbase spacers, etc... to take the TC5 platform up a level.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
I can't help but be bothered by the fact that Rick stated that the AE Team racers have been struggling with carpet racing on the TC5. After all, wasn't the TC5 designed to be a carpet car? Anyway, I agree, it doesn't take much R&D to mold/cast new arms, lipo batt trays, aluminum hubs, stiffer carbon steering knuckels, aluminum wheelbase spacers, etc... to take the TC5 platform up a level.
That isn't what Rick said, the car is good on carpet with rubber tires. It even has a big international race win by Juho. Rick said that the team is having some issues with carpet foam racing caused by setup and driving.

I had a 25 minute conversation with the designer of the car (Bob S.) when the team was in Seattle for the Asfault National's @ SIR, and I know that he would not settle for this car being any less than it can be. Just give the guys a little time to figure out what it might need.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.