Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Will Tamiya Adjustable suspension blocks fit a TB03? >

Will Tamiya Adjustable suspension blocks fit a TB03?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Tamiya Adjustable suspension blocks fit a TB03?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 12:51 PM
CTE
Tech Apprentice

Default Will Tamiya Adjustable suspension blocks fit a TB03?

Just picked up a good spec TB03 for a bit of club racing, but it still has the kit plastic blocks. I was thinking for the inboard rear i could use the new adjustable blocks so i can tune the toe in, but on the TB03 the inboard block position is not compatible with split blocks and the solid blocks run upside down with spacers to bridge over the stiffeners in the tub. Does anyome know if the adjustable blocks will fit? They are quite a different shape to the regular 1XA block that would be the fixed option.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Check out the following website.

https://www.thercracer.com/2017/01/t...-ultimate.html

This website is arguably the best online resource for understanding how to use all the different Tamiya adjustable suspension blocks including the newest versions of blocks. Note only does the website have the different Tamiya part numbers, but it also has good pictures of each type of block. It also has good charts and explanations of how to use the blocks to adjust how wide/narrow the a-ams will be mounted. The website also has good pictures of the different suspension block spacers that you can buy. Tamiya has done a really good job of keeping this part of the car universal between many of their different models.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a chart that lists which blocks will work different Tamiya chassis. If you have access to a printer, I would highly recommend printing this information out.

To answer your specific question (according to the chart) it looks like the new one piece adjustable mounts should fit a TB03, but the new split adjustable mounts won't. After downloading/looking at the TB03 manual from Tamiya, you should be able to see how the mounts would work. Here is a link...
https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

I hope this information helps.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 07-07-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One other quick thing to note. The older V1 style splits blocks probably could be used on a TB-03, but there would only 1 screw securing them to the chassis. Since I've never owned this chassis, I can't offer much more advice. You should check out the following thread here on RCTECH.net...

Tamiya TB-03
Old 07-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CTE
Just picked up a good spec TB03 for a bit of club racing, but it still has the kit plastic blocks. I was thinking for the inboard rear i could use the new adjustable blocks so i can tune the toe in, but on the TB03 the inboard block position is not compatible with split blocks and the solid blocks run upside down with spacers to bridge over the stiffeners in the tub. Does anyome know if the adjustable blocks will fit? They are quite a different shape to the regular 1XA block that would be the fixed option.
On the TB-03 only the old style solid blocks with axle pills or the new style solid blocks with inserts are suitable. The old straight split blocks and the newer L- shaped split blocks are not compatible.

Last edited by Tom1977; 07-07-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:10 PM
CTE
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Check out the following website.

https://www.thercracer.com/2017/01/t...-ultimate.html

This website is arguably the best online resource for understanding how to use all the different Tamiya adjustable suspension blocks including the newest versions of blocks. Note only does the website have the different Tamiya part numbers, but it also has good pictures of each type of block. It also has good charts and explanations of how to use the blocks to adjust how wide/narrow the a-ams will be mounted. The website also has good pictures of the different suspension block spacers that you can buy. Tamiya has done a really good job of keeping this part of the car universal between many of their different models.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a chart that lists which blocks will work different Tamiya chassis. If you have access to a printer, I would highly recommend printing this information out.

To answer your specific question (according to the chart) it looks like the new one piece adjustable mounts should fit a TB03, but the new split adjustable mounts won't. After downloading/looking at the TB03 manual from Tamiya, you should be able to see how the mounts would work. Here is a link...
https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

I hope this information helps.
Thanks, but i have been through that several times and it isn't correct about split blocks being compatible with the TB03 (they don't) and although it claims the adjustables fit the TB03 i am not convinced about the accuracy for this particlar chassis. Would really like someome with actual experimence of the chassis to say for sure.