Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree776Likes

New Tamiya Chassis TC-01

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-05-2020, 09:50 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Tamiya Chassis TC-01
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
INSTRUCTION MANUALS:
Vehicle instruction manual: https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/do...2-car-tc01.pdf
Formula E body instruction manual: https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/do...e-gen2-car.pdf

HOPUPS:

DRIVE TRAIN:
• Universal Prop shaft (TC01): #54975
• Double Cardon Prop Shaft (TC01): #54961
• Aluminum spur gear holder: #54903
• Universal shafts: #54515
• Clamp hex hub: #53570 or #53823
• Double cardan shaft: #42360
Double cardan joints (TRF): #42216 (set) & #42239 (42mm shaft)
• Different Aluminum Drive Cup: #54543
• Steel Bevel Differential Gears: #54540
Aluminum spur gear holder: #54903
• Gear Differential Steel Cross Shaft: #54533

BEARINGS (in MM):
• 3x6x2.5: x2
• 9x5x3: x1
• 9x5 (flanged): x1
• 5x8x2.5: x12
• 5x10x4: x10
• 5x10x3: x2
• 10x15x4: x4

SCREWS:
• 3x5mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x4
• 3x6mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x6
• 3x8mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x18
• 3x10mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x13
• 3x12mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x12
• 3x6mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x5
• 3x8mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x10
• 3x10mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x8

SUSPENSION:
• Suspension arm mounts (rear skid angle): #54787
• Supension arm mounts: #54760
• Stabilizers: #54956
• Aluminum rocker arms: #54955
• TRF big bore shocks: #42354
• TRF works shocks: #84317
• TRF Special shocks: #42102
• Carbon rear crossmember: #54783
• Carbon front crossmember: #54782
• Low friction suspension balls: #54747
• Titanium Coated suspension shaft: #53581
• Flourine supension balls: #53709
• Titanium Coated Shock Shaft: #54043
• Aluminum shock extenders: #54960

WTCC's adjustable suspension Conversion:
Parts needed:
• 3x23mm turnbuckles (x8)
• Yokomo #BM-206
• Awesomatix #P18 AND P19
• TRF 420 front hubs

DIFFERENTIALS:
• One way diff: #54521
• Spool: #54592
• Ball diff: #54522

TURNBUCKLES:
• Front Toe 3x18mm: #54247
• Rear Toe 3x32mm: #54249
• Steering Link 3x42mm:#54250
• Open Face Ball Ends: #54868

MISCELLANEOUS:
• Titanium Screw Set: #47449
• Servo mount screws: #54862
• POM Spacers: #54855
• Carbon front stiffeners: #54962
• Aluminum steering arms: #54958
• Aluminum steering bridge: #54957

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Amain has it for pre order at $265.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by simple
You guys are being ridiculous, if you give any legitimacy to referencing some random pricing on Ebay! .....
The one referenced above is equivalent to an online scalper, who buys retail and then marks it up to sell to suckers.
Just be patient....by the time it is imported and distributed to domestic suppliers, the price and shipping will be no different than any other comparably featured Tamiya kit.
This is all much ado about nothing.
August. Mark your calendar and chill.
Before you go judging people like this. You should maybe get to know them. I am no sucker either! I posted that Ebay listing because I was alarmed at the price/ listing itself.
Who or why they list items in that manner I have no idea and no wish to find out either.

While in an open forum like this. We are able to say what we like (within reason) and we all take the risk of being offensive/ offended by being here and contributing. But passing judgments like this neither helps or promotes anything other then confrontation.

I will place an order with whomever offers me the better service and preferably with people I know.

Regards
Anthony (BM)
NutDriver, Billy Kelly and Ominex like this.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Before you go judging people like this. You should maybe get to know them. I am no sucker either! I posted that Ebay listing because I was alarmed at the price/ listing itself.
Who or why they list items in that manner I have no idea and no wish to find out either.

While in an open forum like this. We are able to say what we like (within reason) and we all take the risk of being offensive/ offended by being here and contributing. But passing judgments like this neither helps or promotes anything other then confrontation.

I will place an order with whomever offers me the better service and preferably with people I know.

Regards
Anthony (BM)
I'm sorry you interpreted it personally, That was CERTAINLY not my intention.... I was being sarcastic ( and directing it in generalities). This obviously does not translate in text.
I suggest re-reading my post out loud, with the inflection in your voice as if you were pleading with a close friend or trying to convince your "significant other".....
Although, I get the point.....If I asked my Wife to chill....she'd not like that either.........I'm sorry.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

...back to the car.
Am I not seeing things right, or will top accessed Lipo's not work with this chassis?
British Menace likes this.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

...back to the car.
Am I not seeing things right, or will top accessed Lipo's not work with this chassis?
I think your right. It does not look as if they will.
I also think, on the battery front, we may struggle with the battery size needed also.
Although I have nothing really to base this on except the type of battery the ones we are seeing have in. Aren't they an unusual size/ shape?
Maybe that battery tray slides out?

Regards
BM
NutDriver likes this.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

The one in the pics is representative of another "Tamiya" standard : "shotgun" , "tube", or "round" style battery.
The Japanese company seems resistant to abandon that profile because so many of the legacy kits and Re Releases of vintage cars still use some of the same injection molds for the plastic parts that hold them.
As a result, all of their marketing pictures almost always have the round type battery packs illustrated.
Many modern kits have seem to take this into consideration( and can work with any battery configuration), but its hard to tell if this layout will be as accommodating. .....Exotek? Are you listening?
Old 06-25-2020, 07:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...back to the car.
This was brought up early in the thread. I don’t remember what was discussed. I think when it was announced that it wouldn’t be available to August. Things kinda stopped.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The one in the pics is representative of another "Tamiya" standard : "shotgun" , "tube", or "round" style battery.
The Japanese company seems resistant to abandon that profile because so many of the legacy kits and Re Releases of vintage cars still use some of the same injection molds for the plastic parts that hold them.
As a result, all of their marketing pictures almost always have the round type battery packs illustrated.
Many modern kits have seem to take this into consideration( and can work with any battery configuration), but its hard to tell if this layout will be as accommodating. .....Exotek? Are you listening?
The end caddy that secured the battery are similar to my M08, so it will fit standard LiPos with issue
Old 06-25-2020, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've seen it noted that a square edged short will fit.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Since the M05 ver. II chassis was released, most of their plastic tub style chassis now allow either the use of "rounded" or "retangular" shaped Lithium battery packs. But as was discussed earlier in this thread, I believe the battery in the Tamiya pictures from the TC-01 is actually a li-fe or li-on battery.

If you look at the pictures for this car on Tamiya's website, you should be able to use a 90 degree angle bullet connector coming out of the battery. The following picture is a view from the side of the car showing that there is a bit of a gap between the top of the battery and the bottom of the upper deck.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

While searching for batteries installed in the TC-01 I found some good info on the following page showing the car with option parts installed. Here is the link to the website...
https://kentech.wordpress.com/

Here is the actual picture from that website

Ominex likes this.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
The end caddy that secured the battery are similar to my M08, so it will fit standard LiPos with issue
Agreed. Thanks for the relevant information, that's what I was looking for.
It'll be tight, but the bullet connector posts look like they will be just accessible. Might need a wee bit of dremel work.
I bought a couple Peak Racing tube style Lipo packs anyways...

Old 06-26-2020, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

I did notice on the AMain website, Protek are now offering a battery for the car.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...129-19/p942346

So it is looking as though we will have various options.

Talking of options, I'm liking the look of the full option photo shown above! :-)

Regards
BM
Old 06-26-2020, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Agreed. Thanks for the relevant information, that's what I was looking for.
It'll be tight, but the bullet connector posts look like they will be just accessible. Might need a wee bit of dremel work.
I bought a couple Peak Racing tube style Lipo packs anyways...

You can always count on a mayor oversight by tamiya, just like the M07 motor wiring blocked by the chassis, looks like on this car they didn't even think of how common batteries are wired.

This is the equivalent of putting a toilet seat 1 foot behind an inward opening small closet...you just gotta squeeze thru the small gap, maybe even break the door on the way in. Or even better, not have a door. Just like how you will have to not run the battery covers on the ends to have wires pop thru

Just realized that you arent gonna be able to run a standard shorty bullet plug lipo on this...the chassis brackets are in the way All over the top
Old 06-26-2020, 05:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING
You can always count on a mayor oversight by tamiya, just like the M07 motor wiring blocked by the chassis, looks like on this car they didn't even think of how common batteries are wired.

This is the equivalent of putting a toilet seat 1 foot behind an inward opening small closet...you just gotta squeeze thru the small gap, maybe even break the door on the way in. Or even better, not have a door. Just like how you will have to not run the battery covers on the ends to have wires pop thru

Just realized that you arent gonna be able to run a standard shorty bullet plug lipo on this...the chassis brackets are in the way All over the top
Is it oversight or, as I’ve read, their reluctance to embrace that Lipo had become the standard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.