Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree776Likes

New Tamiya Chassis TC-01

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-05-2020, 09:50 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Tamiya Chassis TC-01
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
INSTRUCTION MANUALS:
Vehicle instruction manual: https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/do...2-car-tc01.pdf
Formula E body instruction manual: https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/do...e-gen2-car.pdf

HOPUPS:

DRIVE TRAIN:
• Universal Prop shaft (TC01): #54975
• Double Cardon Prop Shaft (TC01): #54961
• Aluminum spur gear holder: #54903
• Universal shafts: #54515
• Clamp hex hub: #53570 or #53823
• Double cardan shaft: #42360
• Double cardan joints (TRF): #42216 (set) & #42239 (42mm shaft)
• Different Aluminum Drive Cup: #54543
• Steel Bevel Differential Gears: #54540
Aluminum spur gear holder: #54903
• Gear Differential Steel Cross Shaft: #54533

BEARINGS (in MM):
• 3x6x2.5: x2
• 9x5x3: x1
• 9x5 (flanged): x1
• 5x8x2.5: x12
• 5x10x4: x10
• 5x10x3: x2
• 10x15x4: x4

SCREWS:
• 3x5mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x4
• 3x6mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x6
• 3x8mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x18
• 3x10mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x13
• 3x12mm Titanium Hex Head Screws x12
• 3x6mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x5
• 3x8mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x10
• 3x10mm Titanium Hex Head Countersunk Screws x8

SUSPENSION:
• Suspension arm mounts (rear skid angle): #54787
• Supension arm mounts: #54760
• Stabilizers: #54956
• Aluminum rocker arms: #54955
• TRF big bore shocks: #42354
• TRF works shocks: #84317
• TRF Special shocks: #42102
• Carbon rear crossmember: #54783
• Carbon front crossmember: #54782
• Low friction suspension balls: #54747
• Titanium Coated suspension shaft: #53581
• Flourine supension balls: #53709
• Titanium Coated Shock Shaft: #54043
• Aluminum shock extenders: #54960

WTCC's adjustable suspension Conversion:
Parts needed:
• 3x23mm turnbuckles (x8)
• Yokomo #BM-206
• Awesomatix #P18 AND P19
• TRF 420 front hubs

DIFFERENTIALS:
• One way diff: #54521
• Spool: #54592
• Ball diff: #54522

TURNBUCKLES:
• Front Toe 3x18mm: #54247
• Rear Toe 3x32mm: #54249
• Steering Link 3x42mm:#54250
• Open Face Ball Ends: #54868

MISCELLANEOUS:
• Titanium Screw Set: #47449
• Servo mount screws: #54862
• POM Spacers: #54855
• Carbon front stiffeners: #54962
• Aluminum steering arms: #54958
• Aluminum steering bridge: #54957

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Any news when generally released? I heard mid July. That right?
I saw a pre-order but they wanted $579 ????

Regards
BM
Rcmart had them for pre-order at $260 I think. Their $150 shipping charge ruled that out. Mid August it what they had showed.

If $579 is a real price, then my interest is gone.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its kinda hard to see, and its merely speculation at this point, but.............
I'm struggling to see how I'll be able to use my standard or low profile Lipo's with the top mounted 5mm bullet connectors!?
Old 06-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Rcmart had them for pre-order at $260 I think. Their $150 shipping charge ruled that out. Mid August it what they had showed.

If $579 is a real price, then my interest is gone.
$260 USD is consistent with all other preorder sites that I patronise.
I don't know where they are seeing $579, ....thats just silly...
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry. Got the price slightly wrong. Its $567 ..........
But then there's $98 in shipping to add on?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Oder-Ta...YAAOSwDtRe2NEt

Regards
BM
Old 06-24-2020, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Sorry. Got the price slightly wrong. Its $567 ..........
But then there's $98 in shipping to add on?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Oder-Ta...YAAOSwDtRe2NEt

Regards
BM
Wow!!!!

This is the first Tamiya kit I’ve ever considered. I’m not going near it till it’s available in the States. If price is even close to that. This thing is going to be a train wreck. Bad enuff that the 3 month delay between announced and release has quieted most of the interest.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

One of the consequences of Covid-19 is that it has increased shipping costs and added delays in shipping depending on the origin and destination of the package. It has also increased the price and availability of various products. While the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of the Tamiya TC-01 is currently listed as MSRP: $379.00 on Tamiya USA's website as of today (June 24, 2020), usually the price will be less once it is available for purchase. Here is a link for the TC-01 on Tamiya's website...

https://www.tamiyausa.com/search/?q=tc-01

You will often find that the price of any r/c kit will vary depending on price reductions offered by different sellers. But often you have to simulate purchasing the product through an online store to get the actual price which will then include shipping & handling (S&H). Some sites will list shipping where it is easy to find, but many sites including large online retailers might hide that cost until the end of the purchasing process. This is why it pays to do your homework when buying online. One site might offer the kit at a higher price but offer free shipping while another might sucker you in with a low kit price and jack up the cost of shipping. While the real world costs of the kits may be the same or very similar, the TOTAL COST for the purchase may be vastly different due shipping and handling differences (kit + S&H = total cost).

Since I'm in the US, I like to order my Tamiya products directly from Tamiya USA. They offer free ground shipping on orders over $50 USD. The only issue I've had is that if you are using a credit card the billing address on the card must match the shipping address. I mention this since some people have had to temporarily change where they live due to Covid-19. You can also use PayPal but it needs to be a verified shipping address. Here is a link on Tamiya USA's FAQ page that should answer most questions.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/faq/store/

Hopefully when this product becomes available for purchase there will be a good option to buy it wherever you may be located. If you are located in Japan or Europe, here is the link for Tamiya's main website which should give you information to buy their products in those regions of the world.

https://www.tamiya.com/
Old 06-24-2020, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Wow!!!!

This is the first Tamiya kit I’ve ever considered. I’m not going near it till it’s available in the States. If price is even close to that. This thing is going to be a train wreck. Bad enuff that the 3 month delay between announced and release has quieted most of the interest.
I do have to mention also that RcMart have reduced their pre-order price to $249. That sounds more like it. Not sure how much they are to charge for shipping plus shipping from there is taking some 8 or 9 weeks at the moment at least.

Regards
BM
Old 06-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

I do have to mention also that RcMart have reduced their pre-order price to $249. That sounds more like it. Not sure how much they are to charge for shipping plus shipping from there is taking some 8 or 9 weeks at the moment at least.

Regards
BM
$150 for shipping. And it could be mid to late August. So now looking late September or October before it gets here.

Looks like I can take this off my list for this year.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

I know that some of these picture have already been posted, but if you search Tamiya USA's website for TC-01, it will bring up the spare parts including MSRP. Since you can zoom in on these parts, it can be easier to see what comes in when you buy these parts. Here is a link..

https://www.tamiyausa.com/search/?q=tc-01
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

You guys are being ridiculous, if you give any legitimacy to referencing some random pricing on Ebay! .....
The one referenced above is equivalent to an online scalper, who buys retail and then marks it up to sell to suckers.
Just be patient....by the time it is imported and distributed to domestic suppliers, the price and shipping will be no different than any other comparably featured Tamiya kit.
This is all much ado about nothing.
August. Mark your calendar and chill.
sugs and gigaplex like this.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by simple
You guys are being ridiculous, if you give any legitimacy to referencing some random pricing on Ebay! .....
The one referenced above is equivalent to an online scalper, who buys retail and then marks it up to sell to suckers.
Just be patient....by the time it is imported and distributed to domestic suppliers, the price and shipping will be no different than any other comparably featured Tamiya kit.
This is all much ado about nothing.
August. Mark your calendar and chill.
I’ve honestly never looked at other tamiya kits other then a couple of the race kits. But there is price line for it that I might not cross. Yeah, it still 6-8 weeks away. But that goes quick. Especially now that things are starting back up.

That ebay listing is absurd. I hadn’t even considered looking on eBay for something that it’s available yet. Though the $379 price on Tamiya USA is much higher then I expected.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I’ve honestly never looked at other tamiya kits other then a couple of the race kits. But there is price line for it that I might not cross. Yeah, it still 6-8 weeks away. But that goes quick. Especially now that things are starting back up.

That ebay listing is absurd. I hadn’t even considered looking on eBay for something that it’s available yet. Though the $379 price on Tamiya USA is much higher then I expected.
Tamiya USA lists items at full MSRP price so that they do not compete with resellers.

id recommend Pre- ordering it from Tower Hobbies where you can use a coupon.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Raman
Tamiya USA lists items at full MSRP price so that they do not compete with resellers.

id recommend Pre- ordering it from Tower Hobbies where you can use a coupon.
I’ll see who has it once it available for order. And what kind of price it does actually go for. There’s 2 new releases I’m watching. But for now I’m racing( badly) whatever classes I can while I have Saturday off. That could change any week now. Despite Tower being 100 miles south of me. Their in state service it’s very good. As they ship everything to Indiana first, then to Chicago area. State started online sales tax a couple years before everywhere else. Tower became a last resort. Even if you pay for the overnight shipping, there’s a real good chance it won’t show.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

We have several people interested in this chassis in the Indianapolis area. I'm not sure if we will end up with a separate class, but I'm sure this car will be able to race with F1 cars (maybe). The only bad thing for someone from Chicago is that we race on Friday nights.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
We have several people interested in this chassis in the Indianapolis area. I'm not sure if we will end up with a separate class, but I'm sure this car will be able to race with F1 cars (maybe). The only bad thing for someone from Chicago is that we race on Friday nights.
I see an unfair advantage to put AWD out with RWD. I’ve tried to make a Friday night race here, 55 miles on a Friday night takes almost 2 hours with our traffic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.